KiwiScot

Playoff Watch - All Leagues

Looking at Derby’s line-up you have to say they are under-performing with Lampard.

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Looking at Derby’s line-up you have to say they are under-performing with Lampard.

I really think that the media should make more of an effort to highlight that he's manager of Derby. If you hadn't mentioned it then, I would never have known.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Derby zero shots on target at home in a play-off semi. Throw back to the McClaren days. The darling of the media not so good after all.

Sunderland and Portsmouth turn now. One decent team to remain to beat Ipswich next season.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

That shot just then by Kalvin Phillips - my god, has there actually ever been a worse attempt at a shot on goal before?! 

Yes.

September 2007. Molineux. We lost 2-0 and failed to register a single shot on target. Worse than that, was we didn't manage our first shot off target until 85th minute. We also had Shackell and Brellier sent off and finished the game with 9 men.

I believe it was Darrell Russell with the attempted shot, but I might be doing him a dis-service there, my memory aint what it used to be.

Whoever it was, the shot, and our only shot of the entire game, went out for a ****ing throw in from 20 yards out, central position.

One of the games that sticks out in my memory as it was right up there in my top 3 or 4 worst ever games attended. It was a brutal afternoon.

Edited by kick it off

Stadium of Light looks half empty. Better game than at Pride Park though.

28 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Stadium of Light looks half empty. Better game than at Pride Park though.

Amazing the effect that live TV has on some supporters. I've no idea what Sunderland were charging but it looks like they got it wrong 

15 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Is that not weird? I wouldn’t expect anything other than a sellout if we were in a semi-final, even if it was league 1.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Yes.

September 2007. Molineux. We lost 2-0 and failed to register a single shot on target. Worse than that, was we didn't manage our first shot off target until 85th minute. We also had Shackell and Brellier sent off and finished the game with 9 men.

Ah, the Judge. What a player for us! I wonder what happened to his banner?!

(Christ, we were bad back then!)

31 minutes ago, Grando said:

Ah, the Judge. What a player for us! I wonder what happened to his banner?!

(Christ, we were bad back then!)

I'll never forget the Hucks story. Hucks wide open, 20-25 yards from Brellier.

Hucks "Why didn't you pass to me"

Brellier "I can't kick the ball that far"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few minor playoff games today the biggest being Doncaster v Charlton, but there is also the National League North and South Finals plus Mansfield v Newport in League 2

Having watched some of the League One games, Ipswich fans are incredibly naive if they think they'll go straight back up without spending a bit of money.

• Like 1

Liverpool, Man City or couldn't give a toss?

Well, that answered that then.😐

Edited by Herman

Meanwhile in League Two, Eddie Ilderton (remember him?) is still at it, giving questionable decisions (a red card just now) in favour of Tranmere. Feels like deja vu, even 9 years on from that Good Friday at Prenton Park!

I wanted Forest Green to win, but you have to hand it to Tranmere they did a job on them. James Norwood looked as if he could play at a higher level.

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I wanted Forest Green to win, but you have to hand it to Tranmere they did a job on them. James Norwood looked as if he could play at a higher level.

Our neighbours seem to think that he's joining them,  not sure where the money is coming from. 

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Our neighbours seem to think that he's joining them,  not sure where the money is coming from. 

Think his contract is up- Ipswich will be an attractive destination for players at League One level but if a Championship team wants him they won't get him.

Jacob Murphy starts for West Brom this eve.

He was taking an absolute slating on the wba forums - will be interesting to see how he does.

2 Scottish games in action tonight as well 1st legs. Inverness v Dundee Utd and Annan v Clyde.

C'mon the Clyde