KiwiScot

Playoff Watch - All Leagues

Salford 3 nil and promoted to the league. Cove Rangers 4 nil in their game and likely displace Berwick in the Scottish League.

Poor management by WBA. Gayle should have been substituted when Murphy came on, he was always likely to get a red after the first booking. I still think they'll have too much for Villa in the second leg.

I don't really get the love in over Grealish. Clearly a decent player but doesn't do enough for me to be rated so highly. Villa value him at £50m though no one would ever pay that. I suspect £15m is closer if they can get someone interested. Not even close to Maddison in terms of how he influences a game, and this season Buendia has been far superior. The Sky commentators were clearly in love with him - no mention of his part in the WBA goal (his pass to Whelan was poor though obviously mainly Whelan's error) and every square pass was cooed over.

Warrington and King's Lynn 2 - 2 at full time. Extra time being played. 

How come the final is at Warrington? No second leg.

I’ve been much more impressed with Hourihane when he’s played than Grealish - and not just because he scored. that cracker today. 

Lynn three two up.

All over. Lynn promoted to the national league. Nice one Cully

Edited by Hairy Canary
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Warrington and King's Lynn 2 - 2 at full time. Extra time being played. 

How come the final is at Warrington? No second leg.

Congrats Tonbridge and King's Lynn on Promotion.

Some kind of Super playoff after major league restructing. Don't know why its not two legged

"The traditional play-off structure from second to fifth place remains, but the winners won’t be guaranteed promotion. Instead, the four successful teams face a ‘Super’ play-off – two separate ties, decided by the FA Leagues Committee on the most suitable geographical basis.

The matches will be one-leg and played at the side with the best points-per-game ratio during the season. The two winners will be promoted to Step 2."

• Thanks 1

That shot just then by Kalvin Phillips - my god, has there actually ever been a worse attempt at a shot on goal before?! 

The four play-off teams really don’t look up to much. Norwich’s style and execution is light years ahead of all of them.

C’mon Derby! They appear to be the poorest of a lightweight bunch.

Leeds look better than Derby but are still relatively toothless in front of goal.

3 minutes ago, unique said:

The four play-off teams really don’t look up to much. Norwich’s style and execution is light years ahead of all of them.

C’mon Derby! They appear to be the poorest of a lightweight bunch.

Totally agree, Unique - we do look light years above all of the teams I’ve seen today. How anyone can put Leeds in the same category as us I’ll never know - they are your usual bland Championship ****e who would struggle in the Premier League unless they had a complete overhaul of their squad! 

Derby look every inch a Championship club. They're happy to let Leeds build from the back and looking to hit them on the break. Disappointing from them at the moment, thought they would have had a right go at Leeds.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Leeds lack of finish just as usual, but Derby will need to sneak more than one to have any chance.

You will be maybe pleased to know that across at WACCOE, some of the little boys and girls are having temper tantrums because of Sky’s apparent love in for Fat Frank Lampard’s Derby County 🍼 

Derby have been really poor. I was really impressed with their opening 10 minutes, but they have offered nothing since.

Brilliant goal from Leeds though, superb ball from Harrison.

Edited by HertsCanary93

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Good goal from Roofe, great early ball from Harrison.

Dirty Leeds vs Villa repeat of the grudge match for the final ?

It's looking that way

10 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

It's looking that way

The silver lining is only one gets to go up though.

0n this showing Harry Wilson is no James Maddison, and despite all the hype is he a better or more influential player than Todd Cantwell? 

Is the other wonderboy Mason Mount still on the pitch? 

The table doesn’t lie, Derby are shockingly lacking in quality, Leeds are better but still not fluid. One good pass from either team and we are being told it’s outstanding football, then the next pass completely misses the man. 

There’s a reason we were out of sight of all of these four teams by the end of the season

Edited by Surfer