KiwiScot

Playoff Watch - All Leagues

Thought I'd start a thread for the playoffs. Villa v West Brom just kicked off.

We've got Derby v Leeds later

League 1: Sunderland v Portsmouths this evening, Doncaster v Charlton tomorrow

League 2: 2nd legs. Mansfield v Newport tomorrow, Forest Green v Tranmere Monday

National League Final: Today: Salford v Fylde today from Wembley for promotion to the league

National North Final: Tomorrow: Chorley v Spennymoor

National South Final: Tomorrow: Woking v Welling

Other league Finals: Today Met. Police v Tonbridge,  Warrington v King’s Lynn - Promotion to National League South, North

Scotland:

2nd leg in Semi Finals: Inverness v Ayr, Forfar v Raith, Queen of South    v Montrose, Clyde v Edinburgh, Stenhousemuir v Annan

League 2 playoff semi 1st leg: Cove Rangers v Berwick. Highland team Cove trying to get promoted to the Scottish league

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Thanks 1

From our point of view hope Derby go up...fortunately (I think?) A Premier League club can only have a mamimum of 1 loan player from another premier league club, so Lampard would only be able to go cap in hand to Chelsea for one player

Play off matches are some of the best to watch as a neutral. Very excited for the games today.

Good start to the first game today. Arguably the two best squads of individual players in the league.

Villa to win 2-1.

Good watch so far, the league 2 second legs are tomorrow I think - hoping Mansfield can make it through - lot of the staff and kids at work are Mansfield fans.

There are some good players on the pitch, but both teams lack cohesion and are very much less than the sum of their parts. West Brom look like they can turn it on at times so might well grab a second on the break. Villa players are taking too many touches and look short of ideas.

Am I alone I’m not rating grealish? I just don’t see the hype. Wouldn’t mind Andre green from villa though. Currently on the bench but remember him causing us problems for villa and scoring the winner for Portsmouth against us. 

• Like 1

Well West Brom are doing a very good job on him, but I feel the Villa players are just static and waiting for the ball carrier to create the magic.

10 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Am I alone I’m not rating Grealish? I just don’t see the hype. Wouldn’t mind Andre green from villa though. Currently on the bench but remember him causing us problems for villa and scoring the winner for Portsmouth against us. 

Show pony.

McGin and Grealish both ooze quality.

... But West Brom look so well organized today and Grealish in particular is having to drop far too deep to get a look in.

No surprise to see Albion playing this way and doing well, their challenge was home form this year. 

As for Villa, where is the team that won ten in a row? Can't see them breaking Villa down like this. 

WBA if your game plan is to defend in depth and counter attack you can't make mistakes like that. Both teams look like they have the potential to be decent Championship teams, with about 5 minutes of Premiership level performance quality thrown in.  Three horrible defensive errors in that game plus another Villa one that went unpunished. 

Edited by Surfer

We won’t have to worry about Gayle next season like Murphy he is not good enough for the Premier League and will be out on loan again.Before anyone says yes it remains to be seen if we will be good enough but it’s going to be fun finding out.😉

Villa very lethargic for the first hour. Gayle unlucky, it was a ball he had to go for.