Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Who tried to poach Webber?

1 hour ago, Peanuts said:

He's mentioned several times that he wants to work abroad and is ambitious so I doubt he'll be here long term, but you never know in football. I hope though that just like the club is looking for the next Buendia or the next Farke, they also have a list for the next Webber and that the philosophy that has been established off the pitch continues when he does leave.

They've already said that they are and that Webber himself is working on that shortlist.

On 11/05/2019 at 11:19, wcorkcanary said:

I also think he would be better sauteed to staying here for the foreseeable future.

better the devilled you know perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The whole point of the new set-up is that any part of the link within the chain can be independently replaced should somebody leave, Webber included. However, did we actually replace Stone?

3 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

The whole point of the new set-up is that any part of the link within the chain can be independently replaced should somebody leave, Webber included. However, did we actually replace Stone?

Yes. In the important sense that whatever job Stone did  is covered by the new set-up. No, in the unimportant sense that there is not now a figure with the title of CEO who  is a director.

23 hours ago, cornish sam said:

They've already said that they are and that Webber himself is working on that shortlist.

When was this said? I know Webber has stated he has a list to replace Farke, but don’t remember hearing that he has a list to replace himself. 

Not sure it is a great idea to ask someone to shortlist their own replacements. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

When was this said? I know Webber has stated he has a list to replace Farke, but don’t remember hearing that he has a list to replace himself. 

Farke's original plan was to be a Dir. Of Football, maybe he will replace Webber when it happens.

25 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bethnal, I saw that somewhere. I take the point about the danger of someone nominating their successor, but if it is a shortlist, with the board then interviewing and making the final choice, then I think that's OK.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2019 at 10:45, keelansgrandad said:

I think he would be better sauteed

Barbecued surely?