Sign in to follow this  
Bobzilla

Joe Hart

Please God, no.  He is no better than Krul, and he was the weak link in the Man City side for years, sheltered by a strong back 4.  His England performances proved as much.  Please, no, not worth the money.  And it would be substantial.

• Like 1

Man C got rid cos he couldn't play out from the back.  Farke likes keepers to do this can't see a move for him.

Even less likely than the 20 million euro striker from Turkey.

I imagine we will sign a keeper but he will be a lot younger than Hart and as Pete mentioned he'll be a keeper that will fit the way Farke wants to play.

Definitely not good enough-look at Burnley's record in the league this season:

Hart in goal-      P19, W3, D3, L13, GF 17, GA 41-GD -24, Points 12

Heaton in goal: P18, W8, D4, L6, GF 27, GA 24- GD +3, Points 28

I know that results are not just down to the GK but those are pretty damning statistics.

No thanks. Been past it for years and he's still young for a keeper.

I don't see why so many people have an issue with the GK situation. We have just won the league, losing just 6 games all season, with a keeper who has Premier League and World Cup experience. Give the guy a chance.

• Like 10

I had my doubts a couple of months ago and was roundly slaughtered for saying so, almost as much as daring to suggest that Stiepermann had a couple of bad games, but for the last 8 or 9 games he has been incredible and seems to have eradicated his tendency to drop a clanger than harangued him through the first three quarters of a season. The way we play inevitably increases the likelihood of glaring goalkeeping errors but I think he was making a few too many even when that is considered.

However, his end of season form has certainly earned him another stab at the big time and there will be few players more desperate to prove they belong there than he.

Edited by canarydan23

It's very strange how quickly his stock has fallen; he was head and shoulders above the competition. 

• Haha 1

This rumour was started on a dodgy website a couple of weeks ago and has gradually done the rounds of other dodgy football websites so it was no surprise to see Archant publish it based on no evidence whatsoever.

Urgh just no. NCFC have been very open about what sort of players we look for and are looking for, and Hart could not be more the opposite in every single way! This is one of the rumours not even worth entertaining.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I had my doubts a couple of months ago and was roundly slaughtered for saying so, almost as much as daring to suggest that Stiepermann had a couple of bad games, but for the last 8 or 9 games he has been incredible and seems to have eradicated his tendency to drop a clanger than harangued him through the first three quarters of a season. The way we play inevitably increases the likelihood of glaring goalkeeping errors but I think he was making a few too many even when that is considered.

However, his end of season form has certainly earned him another stab at the big time and there will be few players more desperate to prove they belong there than he.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone had a problem with you suggesting he had a couple of bad games (he definitely did).

It was more the absolute hyperbole and genuine belief that a non-league player could do better than he him in those games...

He's Burnley's problem, however much he feels out of things

13 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

No thanks. Been past it for years and he's still young for a keeper.

I don't see why so many people have an issue with the GK situation. We have just won the league, losing just 6 games all season, with a keeper who has Premier League and World Cup experience. Give the guy a chance.

This exactly. 

13 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It was more the absolute hyperbole and genuine belief that a non-league player could do better than he him in those games...

You probably want to watch a few more non-league games chap. Championship players having stinkers absolutely wouldn't look out of place in the National Leagues. That's why there are occasional giant-killings in the FA Cup.

I won't mention any specific players because I've learned the board rules and wouldn't want any of you lovely people to choke on your cornflakes and start the weekend with a flap, but there have been plenty of examples of Norwich players, and other Championship players, turning in performances that non-league players would be disappointed with.