59 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I was there!! What a day, what a player he was for us. I remember crewe letting us on the pitch!!

Yes I'm pretty sure it was Malky's too. But it will be always remembered as Iwan's day.

It certainly wasn't a pitch invasion because, as Wardy said, we were invited on.

soccer-crewe-v-norwich-G6XYXJ.thumb.jpg.ac978373694f7b14ea509917cd100d0a.jpg

It certainly was Iwan's day. I remember that wooden cutout of him that was being waved around.

It was the end of Malky too but it was fine we replaced him with the equally-built Simon Charlton @ CB!

And to think people moaned about Russ playing there!

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes I'm pretty sure it was Malky's too. But it will be always remembered as Iwan's day.

It certainly wasn't a pitch invasion because, as Wardy said, we were invited on.

soccer-crewe-v-norwich-G6XYXJ.thumb.jpg.ac978373694f7b14ea509917cd100d0a.jpg

Good to see Phil Mulryne passing the Chalice in that one, a sign of things to come😀

Or is it Wee Paul?

Edited by Van wink

The current team would have been proud of that goal. Great passing and movement.

That was an incredible day. Mingling on the pitch with the Crewe fans and Delia even came out to celebrate from the stands with the fans on the pitch.

Iwan scored a penalty as well which he initially missed but the referee let him retake it.

My favourite memory of Iwan was at Gillingham when he ran from the centre circle, like Georgie Best beating man after man, before scoring a memorable goal. Championship fixture I believe.

I always considered it the main moment that instigated the Gills signing Roberts on as player coach after he left Norwich.

They thought that they had another George. It ended badly.

That squad had some shocking hair cuts didn't it?

Hucks and Svensson were bad but what on earth Jim Brennan was thinking I'll never know.

Who is 2nd left next to Huckerby & the sub next to Ian Henderson far right - is that Paul Dalglish?

Henderson still scoring goals at Rochdale. A bit of a tearaway when he was with us as I recall.

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Good to see Phil Mulryne passing the Chalice in that one, a sign of things to come😀

Or is it Wee Paul?

Not McVeigh, you were right first time - Mulryne.

Still got one of those shirts in the wardrobe, looking a bit snug nowadays, I keep telling myself that one day I'll lose the weight....