Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Worthy Signings not on the park

Its funny that in the second half - which i would count as the best football i think norwich have played all year - none of worthys summer buys were actually on the park.  I also think Paul McVeigh showed his worth, he actually keeps the ball  on the floor and helps the side play football.  not long ball rubbish.

I hate to say it but Andy hughes looked seriously lacking in ability yesterday as for the loan players:

Wright - Looks ok, nothing special though

Etuhu - playing better - has a tendancy to disappear in games though

Robinson - tidy i guess if not spectacular (a far better bet in the center than Andy Hughes)

How fantastic was Safri yesterday and this guy was behind Gary Holt in the pecking order last year.....  just mind boggling

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Etuhu - playing better - has a tendancy to disappear in games though

[/quote]

What like our invisible right winger you mean? [:D]

true...  im just saying that maybe even NW finally realises that he bought poorly in the summer - if only edworthy and svenny were still here - it makes you realise the worth of decent if not exceptional players whom are happy in the squad.  To let decent hard working players just leave like that was in hindsight a very poor decision.

Worthy''s summer signings have not been much good but lets be realistic, he spent half a million pounds on five transfers.  What did we really think we were getting for this money?  Five class players who would drive us on for promotion?

The board made it clear in the summer that we did not need to sell anyone.  What they didn''t say was that they had no money to buy anyone.  The only money Worthy spent was that from the sale of Helveg, Svensson and Jonson, he had no real money to play with until Francis was gone.  Had Francis been sold in June, we may well have seen some different players at the club right now.