Van wink

Brown sauce or Red sauce

Must admit I am going to miss Danny Bakers show , bit of a tradition on a Saturday morning and enjoyed his sense of humour.

He's been a silly lad, BBC had no choice, will he been seen as an outrageous racist or as a bit of a dinosaur. 

Anyway for the record it was red sauce!

Can't stand his show, so glad he's gone. But WTF was he thinking when he tweeted that?!

I always saw the reduction of the complexity of sausage embellishment to a simple 3-way choice as a perfect metaphor for everything that is wrong with the country these days. While I enjoyed his show, I never liked the sausage sandwich game. What about wholegrain mustard or chilli sauce?

BBC too sensitive, but he was a little insensitive tweeting it. By the way, it's brown sauce  on things like pork pies and bacon butty's but red sauce on Cornish Pastes and chips -it's the way I like it !

Edited by SwindonCanary
  • Like 1

I hadn’t listened for years but happened to tune in while driving a couple of weeks ago-couldn’t believe that he was still doing the sauce thing-talk about an item being past its sell-by date 😳

20 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Can't stand his show, so glad he's gone. But WTF was he thinking when he tweeted that?!

Disagree with your first sentence. Completely agree with your second. Idiotic and left the BBC with no choice. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

BBC too sensitive, but he was a little insensitive tweeting it. By the way, it's brown sauce  on things like pork pies and bacon butty's but red sauce on Cornish Pastes and chips -it's the way I like it !

Question is though Swindon, what do you like on a sausage sandwich!

Never a fan of masterbaker, but also hadnt realised  Mrs harry windsor was mixed race, so was wondering what all the fuss was about.  Would he have been sacked if he'd posted a picture of an Orangutan, given that Harry is bit ginge isn't he?

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Never a fan of masterbaker, but also hadnt realised  Mrs harry windsor was mixed race, so was wondering what all the fuss was about.  Would he have been sacked if he'd posted a picture of an Orangutan, given that Harry is bit ginge isn't he?

Well if you don't know the answer to that then none of us should probably tell you!

Jeez...

Danny Baker is an idiot. Always has been. I don't think he's a racist, he's just thick.

Ps. Check out his tweet about us getting promoted from a week or so back. I already thought he was a plonker but that fully confirmed it.

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Well if you don't know the answer to that then none of us should probably tell you!

Jeez...

Danny Baker is an idiot. Always has been. I don't think he's a racist, he's just thick.

Ps. Check out his tweet about us getting promoted from a week or so back. I already thought he was a plonker but that fully confirmed it.

What dd he say?

4 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Well if you don't know the answer to that then one of us should probably tell you!

Fixed it for you.

I get that Tweeting anything deemed racist when you work for a publicly owned company is sackable, rightly so.

And my question, though slightly tongue in cheek, still stands.

As i dont do Twatter, could you tell me/us what he said about us.

Might this be what Bobloz is referring too?

Norwich return to the Premier League. The Championship, like all good parents, will keep their room just as they left it for when they come back home next year.

If it is then I would suggest somebody is being a tad oversensitive.😳

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Might this be what Bobloz is referring too?

Norwich return to the Premier League. The Championship, like all good parents, will keep their room just as they left it for when they come back home next year.

If it is then I would suggest somebody is being a tad oversensitive.😳

Its Water off a Ducks back to me Winko. Cant imagine how anyone could be bothered to be upset or even waste brainspace on it, quite witty really, but pretty sure its not original, heard it somewhere before. Just change Norwich to any non massive Club and there's a ready made, once a year joke. 

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Its Water off a Ducks back to me Winko. Cant imagine how anyone could be bothered to be upset or even waste brainspace on it, quite witty really, but pretty sure its not original, heard it somewhere before. Just change Norwich to any non massive Club and there's a ready made, once a year joke. 

Baker does say this every year, about every club that gets promoted.

Curious really, it never even crossed my mind -

a) that there is any more mixed race in the couple's child than many other couple's children

b) that the word monkey is still seen as having racist connotations

As for Baker, well past his best...whatever that was.....

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Baker does say this every year, about every club that gets promoted.

Thanks Hermano*, i knew i wasn't mistaken.

*Spanish for brother.

• Like 1

Baker is a bit of a plonker. He is no Frankie Boyle though so the sacking a bit over the top but who cares. Just wish these silly people would stop trying to be flash.

Baker's an idiot on so many levels. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of the royals, I think Harry's a guy who after the **** uniform incident has done his best to keep his head down and be an ambassador for the country. He doesn't like the media, and does the obligatory photo shoot to get them off his back. It's trollish to compare anyone's newborn kid to a chimp.

Baker's like the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar, still insisting he didn't do anything wrong.

And of course the baby was born to this multiracial family:

image.png.c074f3d2b69298dc6653d5e12a28c2b8.png

Never been the same since they got rid of OK sauce.

Camp coffee, frozen jubblies, the milky bar kid ... country's gone to the dogs ...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Never been the same since they got rid of OK sauce.

Camp coffee, frozen jubblies, the milky bar kid ... country's gone to the dogs ...

Blimey, I'd forgotton about OK sauce, fruity sauce it was, the best sort of sauce!

Somebody should bring it back!

Is camp coffee allowed? I mean can you lose your job for saying it?

Edited by Van wink

13 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Or indeed the milky bar kid?

If you've ever wondered what became of the milky bar kid...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is camp coffee allowed? I mean can you lose your job for saying it?

I was going to mention stockings & suspenders ...

but I thought it might be a bit too saucy ...