Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

23 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You literally have a picture of a Russian dictator and bring up an assassination and you say I make you look cheery?

That’s almost as deluded as some of your football opinions.

Almost.

I thought it was quite a clever joke.

Oh well. 

Need a hug?

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I thought it was quite a clever joke.

Oh well. 

Need a hug?

Oh I got the joke, it just wasn't very good.

As for the hug; yes please.

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Would have posted way more had the forum not somehow kicked me out! As I said to ya elsewhere... Kept getting this weird nginx message! Wouldn't let me in. Anyhow. Good to be back! 

Well you've rejoined at a great time. We've finally decided to start discussing the possibility of external investment for the club! Not sure why it never got brought up before, really, but there's been some really stimulating debate.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh I got the joke, it just wasn't very good.

OI, TWO METRES YOU TWO

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

OI, TWO METRES YOU TWO

Feedthewolf makes a fair point there, sorry.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Feedthewolf makes a fair point there, sorry.

You can give each other an elbow bump instead.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Anyway back on topic, Dennis Man a goer or what? Attacking midfielder as well as a winger and 7 goals this season. 6ft so obviously the club taking this physicality thing quite seriously as that Danish DM we are allegedly interested in is a bit of a unit.

Man U and Spurs interested in him a couple of years ago.

I have seen him play for Romania U21. He is a good player. He is no Ianis Hagi that is extremly talentet. But Man is a exiting talent. Im positive if true

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bill said:

I think the club has recognised that the PL is just as robust' as the Championship - maybe not so clumsy though as getting past both Lewis for the first and McLean for the second demonstrated

I would expect Pukki to move on this summer, if Man is signed

Why? Man is a winger not a striker. Surely more likely a replacement for Buendia if there is anything in it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Why? Man is a winger not a striker. Surely more likely a replacement for Buendia if there is anything in it. 

If Drmic stays with Idah, we also now have Soto and Sinani who are 6ft plus strikers with Martin another striker breaking into the first team.

That would make that 4 new forward player alongside Drmic and Idah. We are playing more as cutting in to shoot - as with our last two goals,

Thus is what the new signings are about - not hanging around the box waiting for the right ball to be 'floated in,

On a Championship budget I can't see us keeping all six of the above. Pukki looks like he has 'had his day' which might also be the thinking of Farke/Webber

49 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Plays central too, could be Cantwell

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

If Drmic stays with Idah, we also now have Soto and Sinani who are 6ft plus strikers with Martin another striker breaking into the first team.

That would make that 4 new forward player alongside Drmic and Idah. We are playing more as cutting in to shoot - as with our last two goals,

Thus is what the new signings are about - not hanging around the box waiting for the right ball to be 'floated in,

On a Championship budget I can't see us keeping all six of the above. Pukki looks like he has 'had his day' which might also be the thinking of Farke/Webber

Martin is a winger

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Martin is a winger

that was explained above

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

we don't have Soto though as he needs to sort his work permit issues out

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

Yeah I don't think we'll be banking on him, Martin and Sinani in the short term.

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wasn't it the case that clubs used to use Prozone Recruit to assist with scouting and it had some sort of tie up with FM. 

But now Wyscout is the software/platform of choice for scouts? 

Wyscout is probably used by most clubs at the moment, but that is mainly just for the video clips of players rather than the data. 

Clubs will buy data packages from different providers depending on their needs. Norwich use Statsbomb but the most commonly used is Opta. The in house analysts will then use the data to aid their scouting. Some clubs will code the tools themselves and some use off the shelf products - depends on their budgets really. 

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

if he has been issued with a work permit then he is ok

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wyscout is probably used by most clubs at the moment, but that is mainly just for the video clips of players rather than the data. 

Clubs will buy data packages from different providers depending on their needs. Norwich use Statsbomb but the most commonly used is Opta. The in house analysts will then use the data to aid their scouting. Some clubs will code the tools themselves and some use off the shelf products - depends on their budgets really. 

Yeah but stats are only for nerds or something...

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Man, Martin and Sinani play wide, Soto isn't ours and even then he wouldn't qualify for a work permit unless he has a European passport.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah but stats are only for nerds or something...

Asperger's, I think.

Jeez. I click on this thread thinking I haven’t seen any transfer rumours for a few days, and end up wading through what must be 80% abuse to 20% vaguely relevant posts. I realise opportunities to display our masculinity are limited at the moment, but it’s not making this forum a welcoming or interesting place right now. 😫

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Seems like Mr Becali didn't get the "discretion and tact" memo.

He's making the transfer very public to try and drum up some more interest from other clubs.

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Do you know the extent of the relationship with Statsbomb? Is it only the data we collect from them? 

They have done lots of good work on gaining edges with set pieces over the years whereas we seem to be pretty poor when it comes to that.

19 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

I'm sure Dennis Man was in Auf Wiedersehen Pet

And his brother Wyaye Man.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

And his brother Wyaye Man.

Didn’t his Dad sing that male stripper song by man to man? 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Didn’t his Dad sing that male stripper song by man to man? 

I’ll have to bow to your greater experience in that area.