Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

9 hours ago, Ramrod said:

As part of the deal we have to let Man City beat us at their place. 

If they insist...

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Julia is well past her best now. Doesn't fit the Webber/Farke 'young and hungry' template. 

Always had a reputation of being popular in the changing room and the first one in the shower, fits the bill nicely.

He's another little 'un, heading into a season where we'll be facing big athletes. Pretty football is all well and good but we don't want to get bullied by bigger sides with less ability. 

• Like 1

The Mirror "transfer news" section today has Roberts down as a permanent signing.

If this is accurate, which somehow I doubt, then the fee might have been realistic given he has just one year left on his contract.

Manchester City seem to have an enormous wealth of promising youngsters dotted around so perhaps they may not consider discarding just one of those, following an injury hit season, as a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

However, he was once considered a future superstar and above others in the pecking order, despite being loaned around on a consistent basis.

Either way, I'm pleased that we seem to have landed him. 

If we have got Roberts on a permanent deal then that could be a real coup, he had the ability to be a truly world class player, though I don't know how much his injuries and nomadic time at man city has blunted him... With him and buendia as our nominal wingers and Jamal and max bombing up on the overlap we could be in for a treat next season....until we lose the ball and then get ripped apart on the counter 😋

17 hours ago, hogesar said:

Would be a good loan signing. Was highly thought of at Celtic, from what I can gather.

We have a player who wasn't highly thought of at Celtic and he's done alright!

Truth is, can never really tell whether things will work out but seems to fit the mold as many have said. Good to get him in pretty early too. One thing I will say is that Farke is brilliant at improving players. I think of players like Stiepi and Vrancic who seem to have had pretty much their best ever seasons in terms of goals and assists etc.

12 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

The Mirror "transfer news" section today has Roberts down as a permanent signing.

If this is accurate, which somehow I doubt, then the fee might have been realistic given he has just one year left on his contract.

Manchester City seem to have an enormous wealth of promising youngsters dotted around so perhaps they may not consider discarding just one of those, following an injury hit season, as a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

However, he was once considered a future superstar and above others in the pecking order, despite being loaned around on a consistent basis.

Either way, I'm pleased that we seem to have landed him. 

Yep I’m happy with this, a lot of our signings have been a bit of a gamble but as said previously, we have so far demonstrated a remarkable ability to put players back on track and advance their careers. No reason why we can’t do that with this young man.

The price for a permanent move to Celtic was rumored at £4 million. Given his age and potential that could well be a bit of a bargain.

12 hours ago, unique said:

I believe that Roberts is about to enter the last year of his contract with Man City, so if he turns out to be any good he shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg.

The highlights package suggests Farke will need to work on his right foot. Celtic fans seem pretty enthused by him.

It also means, of course, that we have a player who can’t be scarred by any thrashing that Man City might inflict on us.....

Another way of looking at it, is that he has a lovely left foot

On 29 May 2019 at 17:42, Legend Iwan said:

His previous hamstring injuries are a concern, especially for a winger. Some player if he's overcome those issues though and can rekindle his early promise.

Expect the announcement soon.

Promising first addition. Hopefully those hammies cope with the double Farke training sessions in pre-season.

Re-find that early Celtic form - because he has struggled with consistency in recent seasons, in particular when he came back from injury last season - and it'll be another inspired signing.

Pinkun front page has it rumoured that Felix Passlack can leave Dortmund this summer. Not sure if the club would be interested or not.

Weirdly the reports are that Alexander Isak can also go, and I thought he was supposed to be another high in demand wonderkid?

Passlack on a free transfer, could be a good pick up. Aaron's is rightly our starter for the season. Next summer we could we'll see bids coming in and then passlack moves to first choice.

He knows he would likely play cup games but also as cover on the bench and would likely get some prem football.

I suppose if it wasn't allegedly on a free I would have no interest but as cover could be good business.

Passlack can think himself unlucky he did not get more of a look in last season, mainly because Aarons took his chance.  Marshall looked lacking, Pinto looked lacking and Passlack would have been next in line for the RB job, except that Aarons emergence took that opportunity away. 

Interesting to see whether the club want him, or if he wants to come back.  If he does, it shows he was happy here and prepared to wait his chance.

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Interesting to see whether the club want him, or if he wants to come back.  If he does, it shows he was happy here and prepared to wait his chance.

If we're interested, it'll probably come down to salary expectations, certainly Webber was saying in his interviews that they were having to tell agents that their expectations were unrealistic.

Webber did say they'd be looking to do two or three "Patrick type deals" after Patrick Roberts came in on loan. I wondered at the time what that meant, but presumably it's loans/free transfers.

1 hour ago, smooth said:

Passlack on a free transfer, could be a good pick up. Aaron's is rightly our starter for the season. Next summer we could we'll see bids coming in and then passlack moves to first choice.

He knows he would likely play cup games but also as cover on the bench and would likely get some prem football.

I suppose if it wasn't allegedly on a free I would have no interest but as cover could be good business.

Not sure where the ‘free’ part of the story came from. What I saw in the Bild didn’t say anything about Passlack being available on a free, although Dortmund do want to reduce their squad size. 

I’d imagine he’ll drop down to the 2. Bundesliga and will prioritise a club where he is first choice. 

Farke was very reluctant to use him last season - Marshall and Pinto were both ahead of him - so can’t see Norwich bringing him back. 

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Not sure where the ‘free’ part of the story came from. What I saw in the Bild didn’t say anything about Passlack being available on a free, although Dortmund do want to reduce their squad size. 

I’d imagine he’ll drop down to the 2. Bundesliga and will prioritise a club where he is first choice. 

Farke was very reluctant to use him last season - Marshall and Pinto were both ahead of him - so can’t see Norwich bringing him back. 

He spent mrle time on the bench that Pinto and Marshall and Marshall got shipped out so clearly Passlack was ahead of him in the thinking. 

Not sure it's going to happen and for me he's a bit small for what we we will need but I'm sure if he's worth bringing back Farke and Webber are better suited to make that decision than we all are. 

Ah I see I took the 'free' part from the pinkun story and not the original report.

It looks as though he is still contracted, so I would be surprised if it was a free transfer.

If BD were willing to sell him for a mill then he could be a good punt. We need cover for Aarons, Passlack knows the club and the set up now and i for one dont hold his lack of height against him. Could do a lot worse imo.

• Like 2

Given the conversions of players like Stiepermann and Godfrey, I think Passlack is being set up as Buendia's understudy. His about the same height 😉 

Seems Maddison is being tracked by a number of the top 6 clubs. Which is not a surprise. Hopefully if Leicester do sell him, he’ll go to a team where he plays most weeks. Not sure he’d be a starter for City given their depth of squad. Could do well at Spurs, IMO he’s better than Alli and Erickson. 

Edited by ec-p

He's the sort of player I think probably will do well in the Premier League so £20m is probably a reasonable price for him. Not for us though, obviously.

Yeah it's one of those... Nice (see what I did there?) to be linked with but is all just pie in the sky stuff.

How boring! 😉 I'll say the same as I did in Jan... Let's have a proper juicy rumour to get our teeth stuck into!

I quite like the look of that Bayern II striker. Could be worth a punt given we are presumably after a back up striker with Pukki starting as first choice. He looks to have something about him based on the highlights videos, in fact looks a lot better than that striker from Turkey we were being linked with. 

• Like 1