Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Recommended Posts

Was it Alex Neil who advertised the club to prospects, as a team that plays Infront of 25,000 fans at a packed NCFC and then every other week at some of the best clubs in Europe.

It really is selling the premier League to the players, our new facilities and our philosophy.

It could be a rehashed rumour but let's live in hope. Imagine Pukki, Drmic and Idah playing off this talent.

With Buendia, Roberts, Cantwell and Onel able to do this from mainly out wide, we would have a fast, flowing, technical group playing in finishers.

Let's get our DM in first and then let's see, this was probably the most exciting rumour over the summer. We will see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Lorient was a German submarine base in WW2 so we might need a vessel equipped with sonar...🚣‍♂️

Nothing in L,Equipe, but their news coverage is slow, so that is no indication either way.

 

 

 

Still nothing as far as I can see in L'Equipe (which perhaps is an indication this is not true) and nothing in the local Lorient press, although their latest FC Lorient story dates from yesterday.  Bagster lives in that area, so perhaps he could take time off from house-building to go to the club and ask?😎

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmm I'll believe in this one (C-M) when I see it!

Extremely unlikely to be true but tantalising. It's what the transfer window is all about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its all very well, but he can he produce the goods on a wet Tuesday night in Burnley?😏

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

While I am A firm believer that the Amadou transfer is about to happen, I don't believe the Claude-Maurice rumour. He's stated that he wants to join Gladbach and some other, much wealthier PL clubs have chased his signature , without getting him to sign. Clickbait(?) or just plain fantasy...

All those clubs just haven’t made bids for him though. Claude Maurice has also said he wants to go somewhere where he’ll play and develop. 

It’s not a click bait rumour, but Norwich might find that another team gazump the deal if it isn’t closed quickly. Which is why I think Webber has moved at the 11th hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Now being reported we’ve had a bid accepted for Alexis Claude-Maurice. Could this be true?

Are we sure it's not Alex Morris, a 35 year old clogger from L(eyton)Orient?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading the Webber piece on another thread, it would feel that it would be left field. However I would hope not just for then getting an absolute star who along with Buendia will be elite.

I do think he would be an excellent addition, a massive upgrade but does it fit with the noise coming out of NCFC. Does it fit with having trust in our base group, probably not.

Marco is likely to be the number 10, Cantwell pushing and Srbeny as further back up.

We will see though. If not I will enjoy watching this player develop over his career

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Still nothing as far as I can see in L'Equipe (which perhaps is an indication this is not true) and nothing in the local Lorient press, although their latest FC Lorient story dates from yesterday.  Bagster lives in that area, so perhaps he could take time off from house-building to go to the club and ask?😎

Silly me. Of course I was forgetting that Bagster doesn't exist! This supposed DIYer living in Brittany is just another of Van Wink's cyber creations, dreamed up from his grubby bedsit in Garboldisham or Newton Flotman...😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If an offer has been accepted by the clubs president, it will be a great deal for them for what is a great talent.

If reports are correct then if he did come to us then others would still be watching and a good season at a newly promoted premiership team, playing in the best league would increase his value and status massively.

Let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks a real talent. Two-footed, looks like you could play him anywhere across the front positions. And he looks a perfect fit for our style of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Excited Canary said:

Anyone know how legit that Soccer Link website even is? Other than having quite a few followers not really seen much to suggest they are particularly in the know...nice to dream though!

No idea. They are now saying Farke hopes to meet Claude-Maurice today to persuade him to sign on:

Daniel Farke, le coach de @NorwichCityFC, va s'entretenir dans les prochaines heures avec Alexis Claude-Maurice pour lui exposer le projet du club, et le convaincre de venir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be a loan rather than a purchase, I only say that after reading the Lorient Presidents comment in respect of the future of Claude-Maurice, in it he suggest that they have been talking to a couple of clubs and one of those clubs is looking at a loan rather than a purchase......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

It may be a loan rather than a purchase, I only say that after reading the Lorient Presidents comment in respect of the future of Claude-Maurice, in it he suggest that they have been talking to a couple of clubs and one of those clubs is looking at a loan rather than a purchase......

Loan with a deal in place if we stay up might well make sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

All those clubs just haven’t made bids for him though. Claude Maurice has also said he wants to go somewhere where he’ll play and develop. 

It’s not a click bait rumour, but Norwich might find that another team gazump the deal if it isn’t closed quickly. Which is why I think Webber has moved at the 11th hour. 

The Athletic article on Webber talked about how aggressive he is in his pursuit of transfers, he’ll be out there on the continent in the players living room, showing them how much he wants them, not leaving until he gets an answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Indy said:

To be honest I’m not sure he’d be our next Naismith! I don’t think he’s actually that good! 

I think Drinkwater was a good fit at Leicester but that certainly hasn't been the case at Chelsea.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

All those clubs just haven’t made bids for him though. Claude Maurice has also said he wants to go somewhere where he’ll play and develop. 

It’s not a click bait rumour, but Norwich might find that another team gazump the deal if it isn’t closed quickly. Which is why I think Webber has moved at the 11th hour. 

I hope you are right Bethnal...but it's hard to believe these rumours isn't it? I mean , nothing concrete's been posted/shared/written yet Tw@tter etc... are full of rumours... At least a plane flew into Naarich that was being tracked 🛬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I hope you are right Bethnal...but it's hard to believe these rumours isn't it? I mean , nothing concrete's been posted/shared/written yet Tw@tter etc... are full of rumours... At least a plane flew into Naarich that was being tracked 🛬

Amadou is done and should be announced today or tomorrow depending on international clearance. 

Claude Maurice is much more of an unknown. A reliable online source has reported it - it is an ambitious deal and may not happen of course. Whatever happens, I’m sure it will come very clear soon. 

It is a little telling that the club haven’t briefed the PinkUn it is a nonsense deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine Claude- Maurice, Pukki or Drmic and Buendia in a front 3 and then a midfield 3 of Amadou, Trybull and Vrancic.

Then the young back 4 and GK.

It would give us this option. As well as Roberts or Hernandez to come on. Just love the thought of options to change our formation a little and still play attacking exciting football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It is a little telling that the club haven’t briefed the PinkUn it is a nonsense deal. 

Pinkun are about as on the ball as a dead seal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That’s harsh. They are the first port of call for the club when briefing on stories. 

It was a little tongue in cheek (it’s a quote from the The Thick Of It).

But they quite often appear to be tame journalists that support the club in getting the right messages at the right time. So whether they do or do not publish their awareness of a story isn’t a good barometer of whether there is truth in rumour. In my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This would be good business by the club. I mean I was hoping for a DM , but wasn't confident at the beginning of the month! Now there are two talented players bound to be signed by the club (thanks to SW it has to be said)... Exciting times I would say...but don't count your chickens etc...

Edited by ROBFLECK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WD40 said:

It was a little tongue in cheek (it’s a quote from the The Thick Of It).

But they quite often appear to be tame journalists that support the club in getting the right messages at the right time. So whether they do or do not publish their awareness of a story isn’t a good barometer of whether there is truth in rumour. In my opinion. 

The club will be pretty quick to let someone from the PinkUn know if a rumour isn’t true and people are getting a hit too worked up about it.

We’ve seen that a few times this summer already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The club will be pretty quick to let someone from the PinkUn know if a rumour isn’t true and people are getting a hit too worked up about it.

We’ve seen that a few times this summer already. 

So what’s your take on this one? Pinkun arent rubbishing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WD40 said:

So what’s your take on this one? Pinkun arent rubbishing it

I cautiously optimistic. No inside knowledge. Making a last minute swoop does seem to fit in with what Webber was saying about ‘some transfers have to wait’ at the beginning of the summer. 

With deadline day tomorrow we won’t have to wait long to find out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If these rumours are true who will be leaving to make the finances stack up?

Exciting times.

Nobody?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×