Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

This boy could be Maddison mark II. Absolutely huge talent. 

UK Soccerway has his nationality listed as Ecuadorian!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, king canary said:

That all happened very swiftly. I'm assuming he'll go out on loan?

I think Premier league rules don’t allow clubs to sign and then loan out players in the same window. Although I might have imagined that. 

The fact he didn’t go straight back to Rochdale suggests that the club want to have a look at him in training at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

“Joining the under 23s” (tweet is from the academy)....the lad is still v young but could well knock on the door soon enough if his potential is to be believed.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think Premier league rules don’t allow clubs to sign and then loan out players in the same window. Although I might have imagined that. 

The fact he didn’t go straight back to Rochdale suggests that the club want to have a look at him in training at least. 

I think that rule is signing then loaning to another premier league club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love signings like this. While we argue the toss on this forum about Pros and cons of signing JR , this becomes a done deal. Can't recall anyone mentioning him previously, happy to be corrected on that though as don't read everything posted on here. Obviously Bethno knew about him, but did he/ you know we were ' in for the boy'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a measure of how well we are doing in this respect that we identified him, but more importantly were able to sign him.

More so given the number of clubs within 30 mins (or so) travel from Rochdale.

Maddison was a snip as were Lewis, Aarons and Godfrey.

Though I can only feel for the clubs/ and fans of those players - as they always going to be at the prey of clubs who will have a better coaching set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of player is he? About Buendia's height but will surely need building up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man U were supposed to sign him last year for £1m which means he must have something. Tough but to break into a premier league squad though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As said, we must be doing something right as you would think Man Utd could offer anything we could, and on his doorstep

Perhaps this is the sign that some supporters need to recognise the direction the club is heading - and how much progress we have made so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will have been able to point to Maddison as a great example of what we can do for a young player with promise. Max, Jamal and Ben too (hopefully Todd as well!).

 

Let’s hope Daniel continues the trend. Sounds very promising, especially the comment about his work ethic - no “back problems” for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have shown with Maddison and the other youngsters that we are an ideal club to develop your career as a young player. Great reputation for the club to have as it means we will continue to attract the right kind of young player who has his head screwed on and the type that would not have his head turned by the lure of Man utd and the like.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Love signings like this. While we argue the toss on this forum about Pros and cons of signing JR , this becomes a done deal. Can't recall anyone mentioning him previously, happy to be corrected on that though as don't read everything posted on here. Obviously Bethno knew about him, but did he/ you know we were ' in for the boy'.

Didn’t know Norwich were tracking specifically, although pretty much every Championship and Premier League club has probably scouted him at least once. 

He’s a number 10 primarily. Technically excellent. Was fast tracked into the England U18 team (and you don’t see many players in the England set up from below the Championship). A bit of a budget Phil Foden. Could be amazing, or we might never hear of him again - but certainly full of promise. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Didn’t know Norwich were tracking specifically, although pretty much every Championship and Premier League club has probably scouted him at least once. 

He’s a number 10 primarily. Technically excellent. Was fast tracked into the England U18 team (and you don’t see many players in the England set up from below the Championship). A bit of a budget Phil Foden. Could be amazing, or we might never hear of him again - but certainly full of promise. 

In that case ,at a reported £300K , we can hardly lose. Nice work City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yellow and Green said:

He puts a lot of emphasis on not regretting going to Utd/City etc because he wants to play first team football.

Could he be here to challenge for a first team place?

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have read that article twice now. Ok, its the Sun, but seems bona Fide in that there's no sensationalism . Looks like a bright lad, already playing full on adult competitive games. Could be a diamond.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be highly regarded and £3.25m. One potentially closer to the first team than the other youngsters we've signed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich stocking up on midfielders again. 

Maybe someone is moving on? would we spend that kind of money on a back up player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×