Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

10 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Not sure how we missed this one... But I was doing my usual search around for rumours and this came up.

Could be true, seems to fit with our recruitment policy, but not sure we need another LB?

https://readnorwich.com/2019/06/12/norwich-scouting-collins-on-international-duty-with-nigeria/

Unless we have reason to think there’s an irresistible offer coming for Jamal?

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Unless we have reason to think there’s an irresistible offer coming for Jamal?

Oooh let's hope not!

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Oooh let's hope not!

Or possibly Heise, although that would seem unlikely.

Could be contingency planning in case Jamal is whisked away. 

I’d imagine Norwich are looking at a lot of players they don’t intend to sign this summer, it could be someone else at the Nigeria game they are looking at anyway. Especially as Collins would struggle to get a work permit. 

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Looking at that link, I thought they’d paid £222 million!

Haha I can understand...but still it's ott... I have some friends in Belgium and they say he's good, but not worth that kind of money!

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Signed Jota too... Money bags!

It's almost as if FFP has completely gone out of the window and they've forgotten all about Ross McCormack.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Woodman said:

It's almost as if FFP has completely gone out of the window and they've forgotten all about Ross McCormack.

John Percy of the Telegraph (who is normally highly reliable) is saying they want Kalvin Phillips for £15 million, Tyrone Mings, and are bidding £25 million for Jack Butland.

There's no way on planet earth that they're FFP compliant.

Well , I would like City to sign a few good additions to the squad ... but this one again underlines the problem with the overinflated prices! If our budget is only 20m £ , then we're not gonna be signing too many, it seems... yet again do we need to? difficult one...

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

and are bidding £25 million for Jack Butland.

Jed Steer would be an excellent addition for us.

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Neither are Man City or Real Madrid...

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

John Percy of the Telegraph (who is normally highly reliable) is saying they want Kalvin Phillips for £15 million, Tyrone Mings, and are bidding £25 million for Jack Butland.

Doesn’t matter what they spend now, they are out of the EFL. 

I expect, like Bournemouth and QPR, they will get a fine from the EFL but now they have been promoted the slate is wiped clean for future spending. 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I expect, like Bournemouth and QPR, they will get a fine from the EFL but now they have been promoted the slate is wiped clean for future spending. 

Yep, until FFP breaches result in a points deduction, it's worthless.

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

And Leicester too. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-league-ffp

4 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Pretty old article, that.

Eh?  So what?  Merely pointing out that it isn't just Bournemouth and QPR who have been fined for breaching FFP rules in the Championship. 

17 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Yep, until FFP breaches result in a points deduction, it's worthless.

The problem is the EFL can't enforce a points deduction on an EPL team and I don't think the EPL has any interest in changing that.

Well, let's hope we can start discussing a ncfc signing on this thread soon... FFP doesn't hurt a team that get's promoted? Well it will never really function then will it?

41 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Eh?  So what?  Merely pointing out that it isn't just Bournemouth and QPR who have been fined for breaching FFP rules in the Championship. 

Whoops! Soz, thought it was making a point about this coming season.

That'll teach me not to read posts properly hey?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

But what happens were they to be relegated again?

Edited by Badger

Think Villa could be doing a Fulham,buying players that are not much of a improvement on whats already there.Lets hope so.

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

But what happens were they to be relegated again?

I believe it is a clean slate and they have three years to get themselves in shape - which is why it was so important for them to go up this season. 

I haven’t been massively keeping up on the numerous types of FFP so could be wrong with that. 

I would say that FFP is having some impact though as both Birmingham and Sheff W have had transfer embargoes due to it and Derby will probably have to make a profit on transfers this window to avoid the same fate further down the line. 

In theory the offending club could be punished when they come back down and technically could even be refused a license to re-enter the football league, however, they normally settle in the first season or two and the latter option will likely never be used as it would risk the premier League just shutting the relegation/promotion door...

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I believe it is a clean slate and they have three years to get themselves in shape - which is why it was so important for them to go up this season. 

I haven’t been massively keeping up on the numerous types of FFP so could be wrong with that. 

I would say that FFP is having some impact though as both Birmingham and Sheff W have had transfer embargoes due to it and Derby will probably have to make a profit on transfers this window to avoid the same fate further down the line. 

Thanks.

I was thinking about QPR...