Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on this forum yet, but for anyone who is wondering what happened to Alexis Claude-Maurice and needs closure, he ended up joining Nice for around €15m on Thursday. Nice have just been bought by the British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe and have seemingly made the most of their new found wealth this week with some big signings and no doubt have lofty ambitions over the next few years. You can't really blame Claude-Maurice for turning us down.

Also, I miss this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere on this forum yet, but for anyone who is wondering what happened to Alexis Claude-Maurice and needs closure, he ended up joining Nice for around €15m on Thursday. Nice have just been bought by the British billionaire Jim Ratcliffe and have seemingly made the most of their new found wealth this week with some big signings and no doubt have lofty ambitions over the next few years. You can't really blame Claude-Maurice for turning us down.

Interesting, cheers Wacky. I think it’s a shame we didn’t get him, looks a real talent and a potential steal at that price. Of course, with the beauty of hindsight not knowing we were going to be in the unusual situation of having injury problems with 3 out of 4 central defenders, then it’s a shame we didn’t get in another CB. But no one could have predicted how unlucky we’d be with such injuries focused on one particular area of the pitch. I’m sure the thread will be making another appearance soon as the January transfer window looms nearer 👍

Edited by Alex Moss
Missed a word

20 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And a nice-looking stadium. Beats me why we can't have something like that. Only cost about 260m euros.

Could we still be interested in him? (allegedly)

http://sportwitness.co.uk/strikers-contract-situation-norwichs-favour-club-extended-feelers-summer/

I don’t normally get so excited about the January transfer window, but this one, given our current injuries, is possibly our most important mid season window since we signed Dean Ashton (although in an ideal world, I would like to think by then the only player we’ll be missing is Timm).

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Could we still be interested in him? (allegedly)

http://sportwitness.co.uk/strikers-contract-situation-norwichs-favour-club-extended-feelers-summer/

I don’t normally get so excited about the January transfer window, but this one, given our current injuries, is possibly our most important mid season window since we signed Dean Ashton (although in an ideal world, I would like to think by then the only player we’ll be missing is Timm).

For him to come in would require one of the 17 non 'home grown' players to leave

1 hour ago, Bill said:

For him to come in would require one of the 17 non 'home grown' players to leave

Actually, not technically - if Klose is certain not to be back all season we can drop him from the named squad and focus on getting him fit for next season.

That said, it’s certainly possible one or two of the non home-grown guys might leave on loan depending on if anyone else was coming in (Srbeny? Heise?) 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Actually, not technically - if Klose is certain not to be back all season we can drop him from the named squad and focus on getting him fit for next season.

That said, it’s certainly possible one or two of the non home-grown guys might leave on loan depending on if anyone else was coming in (Srbeny? Heise?) 

yep, that's what I meant to say

definitely Heisse if he has not made the first team by Jan

11 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Srebeny is such a nothing player, bit of a waste of a squad space at this point.

• Like 1

Really need to be looking at some English qualified players coming to the end of their contract if unfortunately the inevitable happens we need at least 3 to include in the squad.  If we can get loanees from foreign clubs Klose can be eliminated from squad, a loan from PL club also still available.  Spending needs to be within our limits.  

23 minutes ago, pete said:

Really need to be looking at some English qualified players coming to the end of their contract if unfortunately the inevitable happens we need at least 3 to include in the squad.  If we can get loanees from foreign clubs Klose can be eliminated from squad, a loan from PL club also still available.  Spending needs to be within our limits.  

Having a look at 'home-grown' central defenders who we might get on the cheap due to contract's coming to an end it is pretty slim pickings. Joe Worrall from Forest looks like the best option but if we're still 19th and Forest are still 2nd would he really move?

Might be worth another push for Jarrod Bowen though- contract up at the end of the season, Hull not really in the promotion fight. 

5 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

given Ampadu has been recalled by Chelsea, I think he would be a good option in Jan on loan

Not a bad shout that, Jiggy 👍🏼

On 07/10/2019 at 22:39, Branston Pickle said:

Given how things have developed over the last few weeks, I think it's a fair assumption that the club's scouting network will be working overtime in preparation for the January window. Webber has mentioned several times that he dislikes the mid-season window but 2 or 3 incomings must be likely. I'm not sure if Klose can be "disincluded" from the named squad. It doesn't look like Heise is fancied and he could go out on loan, but of course that could change. It seems unlikely Srbeny will see much game time unless the injury curse starts to affect the top end of the pitch. He could also go out on loan. We still have a domestic loan spot available for January. 

As much as I love him, I don't think Tettey can be relied upon to stay fit over the season - hope I'm wrong. Surely an experienced centre-back is top of the list for January. I'm also not sure that Trybull is the man to look to to screen for this level. Even if Amadou stays fit and looks the part at DM, it's likely that another addition in defensive midfield is being considered. If Heise isn't being considered, a left-sided CB/LB might be signed who can cover wide if Lewis is unavailable or out of form. And I think it would be remiss if competition for Stiepermann wasn't being looked at. It's possible that his lack of form is a result of the team in general being 'outmuscled' through the middle and with the press but sadly I suspect that he should be backup rather than the attacking fulcrum. 

It's still only 8 games in & of course the squad has been ravaged by knocks & injuries. However even with this taken into account, there are areas where we could improve the quality of the squad without breaking the bank. It'll be interesting to see what shape the squad is in & how the table looks when we reach Ricardo's oft-quoted 12 game watershed. Bournemouth away, Man U at home, Brighton away & Watford at home. Opposition coaches seem to have sussed us out and flexibility has been hugely limited by the mass of injuries. If the likes of Krul, Fahrmann, Aarons, Hanley, Lewis, Byram, Godfrey, Vrancic, Onel, Cantwell, Trybull, McLean & Tettey can get back to full fitness, we should be well able to compete with pretty much anyone and rack up a few points. If!

Not a transfer rumour but if we are to sign another CB in January the Columbian lad from Genk would be a perfect fit, Jhon Lucumi. He's tall, strong, quick and very comfortable with the ball at his feet. He's 21, just made his international debut this year. Also by the time January comes around Genk probably wont be in the Champions league or Europa league.

Being reported via various outlets that Spurs have already agreed a deal to sign our Max in January for a whopping £7.5mil or something. Regardless of the minor details, it’s a little concerning we could lose him so soon, I got the impression from Farke’s comments that at least someone within the squad has already set their sights on a move away... 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/10/27/farke-comments-on-norwich-selling-players-spurs-reportedly-move/

Why on earth would we sell for 7.5 million? Starting price must be double that with add ons.

if we go down I would expect at least one of our talented home-grown players (Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Cantwell) to go to a PL club, because of their quota rules. And I would expect Buendia to leave as well.

7 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

if we go down I would expect at least one of our talented home-grown players (Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Cantwell) to go to a PL club, because of their quota rules. And I would expect Buendia to leave as well.

Heard from a friend last night who's a Spurs fan that Max is on his way to them in January in a deal worth £50m. Apparently his source is close to the club and although they think it's a bit too much they rate him highly enough to bankroll it. After watching an awful Serge Aurier yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Would we accept that deal?

£50 mill is too much to turn down for either Max or Ben, so I’d begrudgingly accept it, but with £35 mill of that made available for our transfer kitty. I’m sure the deal would be to come back on loan for the rest of the season, though I hate those kind of deals, it’s like having an ex girlfriend back knowing she’s already married someone else with a fatter wallet than you (yes, that says WALLET 🤐😂). If either of them go for Maddison amounts of money then I will not be happy at all, look how crap Maguire was for Man Utd yesterday and how much did he get sold for???

Not looking forward to January, just as we are on the verge of building a really good team then... the life of a City supporter I guess.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

£50 mill is too much to turn down for either Max or Ben, so I’d begrudgingly accept it, but with £35 mill of that made available for our transfer kitty. I’m sure the deal would be to come back on loan for the rest of the season, though I hate those kind of deals, it’s like having an ex girlfriend back knowing she’s already married someone else with a fatter wallet than you (yes, that says WALLET 🤐😂). If either of them go for Maddison amounts of money then I will not be happy at all, look how crap Maguire was for Man Utd yesterday and how much did he get sold for???

Not looking forward to January, just as we are on the verge of building a really good team then... the life of a City supporter I guess.

I'd accept it and want 30 mill for transfer kitty and a new stand paid for outright to push capacity to 32k. 12mill or so to go into the club coffers.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

These kind of deals are no longer allowed!!

3 hours ago, canarycop said:

Heard from a friend last night who's a Spurs fan that Max is on his way to them in January in a deal worth £50m. Apparently his source is close to the club and although they think it's a bit too much they rate him highly enough to bankroll it. After watching an awful Serge Aurier yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

Would we accept that deal?

Of course we would.

I don't think Levy would ever pay £50million for Aarons - those figures just don't add up. So I would say your friend has pulled that figure out of his a*se. Plus why are you friends with a Spurs fan!?

23 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I don't think Levy would ever pay £50million for Aarons - those figures just don't add up. So I would say your friend has pulled that figure out of his a*se. Plus why are you friends with a Spurs fan!?

Quite. The figure quoted further up the page was £7.5m.

In reality nobody has a clue!