Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

If Hanley playes then I can see us conceding 4! Much better if Klose is fit, needs to start.

Edited by Indy

6 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

So no Klose and none of the new signings? I'd be very surprised if that was the team 

Why?

The only one I could see coming in just now is Roberts instead of Onel.

Edited by BobLoz3

Happy with the summer, not lost any key players and added quality, so on paper might not be massive spending probably ÂŁ4 million with loan fees, but lengthy contracts to our best players, off loaded the ****e and happy to go with this fantastic squad.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

If Hanley playes then I can see us conceding 4! Much better if Klose is fit, needs to start.

I have full faith in Hanley and the rest. I had indicated Hanley as Klose was unlikely to be fully fit even before the presser. More they had all played well together vs Toulouse. Stiepermann for his phyicallity ... and he can defend. Onel for a fast out. Dont pull L'pool onto us. Could be McLean for Leitner.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

If nothing more transpires then there’s huge positives this summer....

Tied down key players to long term contracts.

Not wasted bucket loads of cash.

Strengthened in areas needed.

Farke signed long term contract.

Webber hopefully signing an extension to his contract.

Didn’t sign Rhodes who I think would be way out of depth in the premiership and an expensive bench warmer.

The only negative for me is not getting in another quality CB and keeping Hanley, would have been nice to see a better CB bought in.

All in all brilliant summer bring on Liverpool tomorrow OTBC

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I have full faith in Hanley and the rest. I had indicated Hanley as Klose was unlikely to be fully fit even before the presser. More they had all played well together vs Toulouse. Stiepermann for his phyicallity ... and he can defend. Onel for a fast out. Dont pull L'pool onto us. Could be McLean for Leitner.

We shall see, I hope Zimmermann comes back quick, I don’t have the same faith in Hanley, was found wanting in the championship, not much pace, not that quick in his thought process and just a bit of an old fashioned cart horse defender.

It's been a good window in the sense we have secured our existing key players and provided back-up and a bit of competition. I wouldn't call it great though as the new players aren't exactly game changers and better than what we alreay have at least on paper.

Time will tell but I hope we don't regret this rather cautious approach at the end of the season when we think about what might have been.

Onwards and upwards. Can't wait for the new season to start.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

We shall see, I hope Zimmermann comes back quick, I don’t have the same faith in Hanley, was found wanting in the championship, not much pace, not that quick in his thought process and just a bit of an old fashioned cart horse defender.

He speaks very highly of you!

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t get the massive downer a lot of posters have for Hanley. We brought him in quickly because we needed to tighten up our defence, in the style of the Championship, so a no nonsense physical  presence. He might not have the most silky ball-playing skills going forward, but he can be effective at his main task - defending. We might have conceded less last season if he’d played more. His abilities could be useful against Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Had a poor start to last season and then got injured. Before that was our best defender and rightly made captain. Some short memories again.

He was also pretty quick to stop this ball going out of play...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's been a good window in the sense we have secured our existing key players and provided back-up and a bit of competition. I wouldn't call it great though as the new players aren't exactly game changers and better than what we alreay have at least on paper.

Time will tell but I hope we don't regret this rather cautious approach at the end of the season when we think about what might have been.

Onwards and upwards. Can't wait for the new season to start.

We have no other option than to be cautious with money, though. I don't get why people can't seem to accept this or don't know this fact.

It's been talked about all summer.

Onwards and upwards! No fear! LET'S GO!!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Why?

The only one I could see coming in just now is Roberts instead of Onel.

More Klose to be honest and would expect McLean to start. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

He speaks very highly of you!

I couldn’t give a hoot if did or didn’t, we all have opinions and that’s my assessment from what I’ve seen.

I don’t doubt he’s a great guy and was made captain as he’s a positive influence off the pitch, but that’s nothing to do with his ability on the pitch.

26 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

More Klose to be honest and would expect McLean to start. 

Klose is injured.

McLean, may still come in for Leitner.

I was replying to the point "I would expect more of the new guys to start"... That's why I mentioned Roberts 🙂

27 minutes ago, Indy said:

I couldn’t give a hoot if did or didn’t, we all have opinions and that’s my assessment from what I’ve seen.

I don’t doubt he’s a great guy and was made captain as he’s a positive influence off the pitch, but that’s nothing to do with his ability on the pitch.

OHHHH NAAAAOOOWWWW

HOWWWWW AWFUL

We would have never heard those immortal words if it wasn't for Hanley

• Haha 2

Daily Fail says we are still trying to get that Bolton kid Politic signed up for the U23s before the deadline. I know Webber said we're done but wouldn't be surprised if we do actually tie that one up as we've clearly been looking at him.

Edited by kick it off

5 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

They do have previous. In 2014, Johnson was snubbed by Hodgson for England and he brought Berahinho in.

Not saying that's the reason he can't stand him but might be one of them! 

Johnson was a right back wasn’t he? And Berahino is a striker-doesn’t seem much of a reason to bear a grudge.

Edited by Mr Angry

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

With 4 hours left, something would need to be in process already for there to be time to finish it. I guess that is why Webber could confidently tell the media "nothing else" as he knew that nothing was in the works at that moment and there wouldn't be time to conclude anything by 5pm.

Very True Bethnal  alot can happen in 4 hours though , 

we have lost players who were going to sign had medical seen the ground seen the training ground agreed wages and everything say they are happy with it all then 10 minutes later turn to agent and say No not signing !! 

But this occasion you are dead right they had 3 that they had a strong interest in but they did not come to anything for one reason or other ,

still very happy with Business would of liked the final british spot in the squad filled so quota is easier and i think they did want that filled by a loan from PL 

The window is SLAMMING shut in 10 minutes!

A little surprised a domestic loan slot remains in pristine condition. One for January perhaps.

6 minutes ago, WD40 said:

A little surprised a domestic loan slot remains in pristine condition. 

Not for the lack of trying. 

Overall fairly pleased with our transfer work. Would've been nice to bring in another attacker but we shall wait until January now.

On 24/07/2019 at 16:07, PurpleCanary said:

Psychic Purple's predictions:

1) Hanley will stay.

2) Rhodes won't arrive.

3) There is money left at least for a mid-seven-figure signing.

4) Wriedt won't arrive, or another out and out striker (although a Bowen-type might).

5) Dozzell won't arrive.

6) A first-choice defensive midfielder will arrive (unless Farke thinks McLean is that).

Unless it has been kept very quiet Bowen is staying with Hull, which strikes me as a bit of a surprise, whether we were interested or not.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Unless it has been kept very quiet Bowen is staying with Hull, which strikes me as a bit of a surprise, whether we were interested or not.

Yes surprising. But in a market where the going rate for young British talent appears to be £20m plus then what can you do? Same with Kalvin Phillips at Leeds, although they have more chance of going up this year. 

Anyone shed light on Mooy signing a new 3 year contract then immediately moving on loan to Brighton!? A common practice for younger players dropping down from bigger clubs, but seems a strange one in this instance?

Surprised to see Jarod Bowen and Said Benrahma stay at Hull and Brentford respectively. Two very talented players I'd love to see here! Perhaps if we are doing well come January we can push the boat out a little.  

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

Anyone shed light on Mooy signing a new 3 year contract then immediately moving on loan to Brighton!? A common practice for younger players dropping down from bigger clubs, but seems a strange one in this instance?

Probably Huddersfield needing his wages off the books but hoping to have him if they go back up. Agree it's a bit weird though.

16 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Johnson was a right back wasn’t he? And Berahino is a striker-doesn’t seem much of a reason to bear a grudge.

Shunted Johnson out of the side so he could put Berahino in.

Doesn't make any difference which position thay play, just needed a squad place for Bera and Johnson was the one to make way.

11 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This has been a fantastic thread to follow, so many knowledgeable posters. Thanks, guys

Couldn't agree more. This has been one of the best posts/threads ever on this site. 

• Thanks 1