Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He’s signed for a club in Belgium I think. 

Having heard what Johnson has said whoever they are would be crazy to take him on, he was saying he was the most disrespectful, worst professional he’s ever played with, he said if he were a club chairman he wouldn’t take him if he were payed to. 

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

One more to come apparently.

That’s what Sky are saying, I believe - so it’s Sky vs MB (who pretty much said ‘no more’)

...I guess unless that ‘one more’ is just an u23 recruit.

Edited by Branston Pickle

14 minutes ago, JF said:

Having heard what Johnson has said whoever they are would be crazy to take him on, he was saying he was the most disrespectful, worst professional he’s ever played with, he said if he were a club chairman he wouldn’t take him if he were payed to. 

They do have previous. In 2014, Johnson was snubbed by Hodgson for England and he brought Berahinho in.

Not saying that's the reason he can't stand him but might be one of them! I looked into this more and there's also a great bit from Johnson on his last few months at Stoke City. Said it was so bad that it made him hate football!

Apparently Imbula (their record signing at the time) once subbed himself off, during a pre season game! Sat on the side and swore a bunch in French. They brought a young lad on instead and when Imbula decided he wanted to play again, they subbed the young lad off! Utterly ridiculous.

It's the sort of thing that makes me glad we're not trying to sign players who think they're superstars, with massive egos. They all seem quite down to earth and just willing to work hard. This is another reason I think we'll stay up this season

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s what Sky are saying, I believe - so it’s Sky vs MB (who pretty much said ‘no more’)

...I guess unless that ‘one more’ is just an u23 recruit.

Is Norfolkngood's info often reliable? I'm told it is... In that case two players for the first team and one for the U23's.

I can't see that happening but delighted if it does!

48 minutes ago, JF said:

Listening to Glenn Johnson on talksport talking about Berahino is a real eye opener, Berahino sounds an absolute tool, be amazed if any club takes him on after hearing this

Pretty disappointing that they are laying into him without providing himself right to replay or even mentioning that he isn’t there to defend himself. I believe everything that is said but it doesn’t come across well, especially with Jim White constantly stirring the pot and winding things up. 

I guess if we’re done that’s fine - I do feel we may be a teeny bit light in number up front if injuries hit, but otherwise the bodies are all there and we’re good to go🤞👍.

It’s been a pretty decent summer - too many pundits (and supporters) seem to only look at the ££ signs, but take out the loan aspect (which is never free) and you boil it down to 5 new out and out first-team signings which probably isn’t too far off (one in each area - GK, Def, DM, AM, Striker).  We were never going to go and do a Villa, and you do wonder if we’d spent £30m+ on those 5 guys the same pundits might be seeing things differently, but hey ho.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I guess if we’re done that’s fine - I do feel we may be a teeny bit light in number up front if injuries hit, but otherwise the bodies are all there and we’re good to go🤞👍.

It’s been a pretty decent summer - too many pundits (and supporters) seem to only look at the ££ signs, but take out the loan aspect (which is never free) and you boil it down to 5 new out and out first-team signings which probably isn’t too far off (one in each area - GK, Def, DM, AM, Striker).  We were never going to go and do a Villa, and you do wonder if we’d spent £30m+ on those 5 guys the same pundits might be seeing things differently, but hey ho.

I think it's been a pretty good transfer window. We strengthened where we needed to - quality backups all round, and three key roles upgraded (I think Farhmann, Roberts and Amadou are all upgrades).

It would have been nice to land ACM, but I'm happy with what we are going with 🙂

10 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Pretty disappointing that they are laying into him without providing himself right to replay or even mentioning that he isn’t there to defend himself. I believe everything that is said but it doesn’t come across well, especially with Jim White constantly stirring the pot and winding things up. 

Yeah I must admit I was quite shocked at the level that they went to on him, they absolutely tore his reputation to shreds and if I were a fan of a club he is linked to them my mind would now be made up. Then they bring Simon Jordan on and he calls him a poisonous little runt!

46 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Is Norfolkngood's info often reliable? I'm told it is... In that case two players for the first team and one for the U23's.

I can't see that happening but delighted if it does!

NnG has provided good information in the past and definitely reliable. However, we may have been interested in players and it just doesn't work - gone are the days when we pay way over the odds just to get someone in (hopefully).

“Odd, it was Sky who said one more, then Sky who says no more.

I guess they can say they were right whichever it turns out to be...🤔”

Unless there’s two! (Or more). 😉

Edited by Nuff Said

Bailey and Pink’un are absolutely adamant on Twitter no more business - stand down folks!

Yep, seems common opinion from those in the know that we’re done now. Completely happy with that as we have strengthened and have that all important DM. Maybe the deal for the lad from France can be resurrected in January if he’s still there

Edited by JF

Things can change in minutes !! someone who was not for sale all week can become available in a instant ,

Awful day to do business

6 minutes ago, JF said:

Yep, seems common opinion from those in the know that were done now. Completely happy with that as we have strengthened and have that all important DM. Maybe the deal for the lad from France can be resurrected in January if he’s still there

So then all.... Starting Team for tomorrow?

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Godfrey, Lewis

Trybull, Leitner

Hernandez, Stiepermann, Buendi

Pukki

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

So the all.... Starting Team for tomorrow?

Krul

Aaron's, Hanley, Godfrey, Lewis

Trybull, Leitner

Pukki

Is Klose fit? I’d rather he started over Hanley

Part of the issue with ACM appears to be Willie McKay has been desperately trying to get him a move to England all summer, but he isn't actually ACM's agent. It makes things very complicated (and adds expense as any English team buying him might need to pay two lots of agent fees). Can see why things broke down if McKay is involved, as he has never been one to reasonable when it comes to his own fee.,

I expect ACM will get a move to a Ligue 1 club before their window closes, especially is Sarr moves to Watford and Lille are still looking for a Pepe replacement. 

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Things can change in minutes !! someone who was not for sale all week can become available in a instant ,

Awful day to do business

With 4 hours left, something would need to be in process already for there to be time to finish it. I guess that is why Webber could confidently tell the media "nothing else" as he knew that nothing was in the works at that moment and there wouldn't be time to conclude anything by 5pm.

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Is Klose fit? I’d rather he started over Hanley

Might agree and then Hanleys done nought wrong. Same could be said for McLean or Cantwell. Should be starting a proper thread on this ... its time 

Edited by Yellow Fever

On 24/07/2019 at 16:07, PurpleCanary said:

Psychic Purple's predictions:

1) Hanley will stay.

2) Rhodes won't arrive.

3) There is money left at least for a mid-seven-figure signing.

4) Wriedt won't arrive, or another out and out striker (although a Bowen-type might).

5) Dozzell won't arrive.

6) A first-choice defensive midfielder will arrive (unless Farke thinks McLean is that).

Spooky. Almost as if I knew what was going on inside Webber's head...😎

Based on the reports that we at least made a considerable offer for Claude-Maurice it seems we had available/were prepared to pay out even more money than I expected.

Going below the headline signings (which all look excellent), the significant aspect for me is how we are carrying on what has become the policy (which  predates Webber and Farke) of developing the next generation of talent. All part of living within our means.

This applies just as much to finding young players elsewhere as to having them with us right from the start. Of the four who really broke into the first team last season only Cantwell had come all the way up through our youth system. Godfrey was bought from York City when he was 18 or 19, and Aarons and Lewis were acquired from Luton Town when they were around 16 years old.

In this window no fewer than seven such have arrived: Adshead (from Rochdale), Mair (Aberdeen), McAlear (Motherwell), Nizet (Anderlecht), Bushiri (Oostende), Gilmour (Arsenal), and Fitzpartick (Patrick Thistle).

I assume some will turn out not to make the grade (by that I mean at least Championship level) but the chances are two or three (Mair for one? Adshead for another?) will do so.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Krul

Trybull, Leitner

Pukki

One for another thread...

45 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Krul

Trybull, Leitner

Pukki

I’d be happy with this starting 11

3 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

I’d be happy with this starting 11

Yes. I think we can move on now. Amadou on the bench though ?