Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Can’t see that one happening now especially as Amadou can play DM or CB, an extra CB doesn’t make sense unless we lose one which looks unlikely unless it’s Hanley but doesn’t he count as home grown?

I can see Hamley being shipped out in the next 30 days (as soon as Klose and Zimmermann are proven to be fit) Three at the back another option with our new guy as he’s pretty speedy. 

4 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Its enough for me to read Michael Bailey's comments this afternoon to know we should just all cool down on this ACM  saga. Undoubtedly an exciting looking footballer, at least on YouTube, my opinion is im  happy enough right now with what guys can drive us forward in the attacking department. We already got today what was far more important, a good looking guy to help us in the DM role, Trybull and Tettey  did need another force in there. Come 5pm tomorrow we can look back and think yep, City have done as good as they could with the new guys  coming in.

I think that the signing made today was essential and gives hope for survival. ACM would give hope beyond merely surviving.

So while agree that Amadou was vital, this would make us truly competitive...

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Not really Norwich related but I see Zaha has handed in a transfer request amid interest from Everton. That could be huge for us if he goes because that would drag Palace right into the mix, with Zaha I'd say comfortable mid table, without they're in trouble. The PL is looking a bit light on obviously poorer teams and having another relegation rival in the mix could make a difference for us. 

Absolutely agreed, after Wan Bassaka has left too and haven’t really added much quality. There are a few teams I look at now without fear tbh. I’m fairly confident we will finish above 5 teams at least. 

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

I can see Hamley being shipped out in the next 30 days (as soon as Klose and Zimmermann are proven to be fit) Three at the back another option with our new guy as he’s pretty speedy. 

I can't. That would leave us with just three centre backs plus our first choice (presumably) defensive midfielder who can cover there on the off chance. Far too risky.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can't. That would leave us with just three centre backs plus our first choice (presumably) defensive midfielder who can cover there on the off chance. Far too risky.

I reckon he will only be sold/loaned if another CB comes in.

7 hours ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

I think that the signing made today was essential and gives hope for survival. ACM would give hope beyond merely surviving.

So while agree that Amadou was vital, this would make us truly competitive...

100%, I agree totally with this.

Never want to stretch too much but if a deal could be agreed, what a coup!

I think the chances are slim at this stage and not really sure how much business we may now do. We rarely do at this stage but if we can improve the group, do it now and not leave it till January.

What a lovely position to be in at 8am on deadline day!

We have impressive cover in all positions and don't NEED any additions. IF a chance emerges today we may recruit further but only on our terms - who knows ... possibly the Claude Maurice trade will spark into life again. It doesn't look like any of our prized assets will depart.

My only concern is about how good our 4 CBs actually are but they deserve the chance to prove themselves.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is old news but the Guardian have just reported from their colleagues in France that ...

• Norwich City are waiting to hear from 21-year-old Lorient attacking midfielder Alexis Claude Maurice, after having a €16.5m bid okayed in principle by the Ligue 2 club. Player had preferred to stay in France this summer. One to watch.”

MB seems fairly certain that ACM won't be happening, in this window at least. Perhaps Jan if the player is even interested. I spoke with him last night and still the same stance.

Like i said the player may have wanted to play for a team bringing youngsters through and Europa League football.

He will get that standard and above with 14 fixtures throughout our season and we have brought on players to have senior international caps, also u20 caps and awards across the board for our development.

An agent may see Norwich as a great fit, similar to Roberts coming here.

Yes unlikely but if we had a chance of a deal and we had to choose between Rhodes and AMC, I would go AMC everyday.

But if the figures don't add up for AMC or if we never put in a bid at least we scouted another top prospect.

Think there will be a lot of refreshing of web pages today. Often nothing happens at NCFC but maybe if the right deal comes along.

Although as of yesterday the Rhodes deal was off, does anyone think we may offer them a sneaky million to finally get the deal through at the last minute. We must already know/ agree to his wage expectations etc. 

Just now, ec-p said:

Although as of yesterday the Rhodes deal was off, does anyone think we may offer them a sneaky million to finally get the deal through at the last minute. We must already know/ agree to his wage expectations etc. 

I think Sheff Wed are hoping they'll be able to loan him out to another Championship club again after the transfer window closes. Seems a few are interested in him but guess Rhodes will hold out until the Norwich thing is definitely dead.

I think it is feet on the ground time re ACM.

First it seems a long odds chance we will get him.

But if we did expectations seem to be surging towards the stratosphere. A bit like they did when we signed RvW. We really do not know how good he would be in the Premiership. Arsenal and West Ham apparently were interested but it cooled. Are YouTube clips a good guide? I am sure a great montage of Onel could be put together for last season and the Championship  is supposedly a much stronger division than ligue 2.

Dropping a reported £15m on a prospect, albeit maybe a great prospect, really does not seem our style and in our financial position nor should it be.

OTBC

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Sessegnon off to Spurs for 25m, what does that make Aaron's worth?! 

About the same if he has a season like his. Towards double that if it's like Wan Bissaka's. 

5 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Thought only League 1 & 2 clubs could sign on loan after transfer deadline.

I thought the Championship could still loan players, like last season, but you are right. The Championship window closes completely at 5pm today. 

Not long for Rhodes to find a club then...

7 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Thought only League 1 & 2 clubs could sign on loan after transfer deadline.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Says here that Championship clubs have to complete all permanent and loan deals by the deadline today: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-transfer-window-2019-efl-next-season-premier-league-news-a8911346.html

1 hour ago, Sussexyellow said:

I think it is feet on the ground time re ACM.

First it seems a long odds chance we will get him.

But if we did expectations seem to be surging towards the stratosphere. A bit like they did when we signed RvW. We really do not know how good he would be in the Premiership. Arsenal and West Ham apparently were interested but it cooled. Are YouTube clips a good guide? I am sure a great montage of Onel could be put together for last season and the Championship  is supposedly a much stronger division than ligue 2.

Dropping a reported £15m on a prospect, albeit maybe a great prospect, really does not seem our style and in our financial position nor should it be.

OTBC

Good post, I’ve never heard of Claude-Maurice before yesterday, but have been caught up in the excitement. If he really was that good, we wouldn’t be getting a look in ahead of the big boys. Granted, we seem to have the magic touch at the moment with our ability to take players with latent potential and make the very best of them - does he fit into this category? If he fits the hype, he’s a level above, more like a Maddison.

It’s easy to get carried away and say we should stretch ourselves, but we all know the risks. In Webber we trust.

• Like 2

Yes agreed don't stretch over our limits, but if there are ways to be creative, fahrmann and Amadou, then fair play.

We have brought in high calibre players and so our method has been superb. It has exceeded my expectations, Fahrmann, Drmic and even Byram as cover for Aarons

Roberts has a point to prove but comes with a great pedigree, as does Amadou even though playing for Lille and Sevilla.

Anything that comes our way today is fantastic but certainly if no one came I would give this transfer window a very high rating.

• Like 1

What rumours flying round today then gang? Seen that the ACM news circulating the usual sites but think that’s probably old news

16 minutes ago, smooth said:

Yes agreed don't stretch over our limits, but if there are ways to be creative, fahrmann and Amadou, then fair play.

We have brought in high calibre players and so our method has been superb. It has exceeded my expectations, Fahrmann, Drmic and even Byram as cover for Aarons

Roberts has a point to prove but comes with a great pedigree, as does Amadou even though playing for Lille and Sevilla.

Anything that comes our way today is fantastic but certainly if no one came I would give this transfer window a very high rating.

I agree, I don't think anyone else is coming in. Only a miraculous U-turn in the ACM situation would bring a signing imo

We've got people stationed at Asda, Colney and Drayton Hall and I've also got a man ready at Carra with a protractor to check the angles of the parking.

We're in good shape.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Listening to Glenn Johnson on talksport talking about Berahino is a real eye opener, Berahino sounds an absolute tool, be amazed if any club takes him on after hearing this

• Like 1

Just now, JF said:

Listening to Glenn Johnson on talksport talking about Berahino is a real eye opener, Berahino sounds an absolute tool, be amazed if any club takes him on after hearing this

He’s signed for a club in Belgium I think. 

Not sure there's enough time left for the ACM deal now. The only one I could see happening is Rhodes if SW weakens or we make a last ditch offer. That one could happen quickly. Not expecting it, though, and even if it doesn't I'm very happy with this window.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He’s signed for a club in Belgium I think. 

....Waffle...... 😉 

Any private jets on standby at Norwich International?......One positive is, that any incoming player from abroad doesn't have to fork out a tenner to get into and out of the arrival lounge......