Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

One thing is for sure...and that is this thread title needs changing. A massive load of rumours.

ACM is turning quietly into a Quagliarella situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was in the team of the year for ligue 2, his ability now is worthy of the figure.

I totally agree his value will soar

If this is still being looked at, then this is very exciting. He has the ability to get you out of your seat, as buendia does. There is no question in my mind that he would be an X factor player for us in very key games and be a match winner. He could make some very experienced premier League players look silly.

• Like 1

I would worry about this 'prestige' type of signing - it could/would possibly unbalance all of the hard won team ethos and spirit.

I'm sure the rest of squad are worth similar sums... and salaries!

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Just now, CanaryNath said:

Looks like Nice are preparing a new offer. Expect him to stay in France if that’s the case. 

No doubt we had interest, but now looks like we’re being used to inflate the fee.

Webber said we are prepared to walk away and looks like we have done. If they come back tomorrow because Nice or other are all fur coat no knickers then happy days.

I’d want the player to really want to be here too, just do not get that impression from everything being said. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

No doubt we had interest, but now looks like we’re being used to inflate the fee.

Webber said we are prepared to walk away and looks like we have done. If they come back tomorrow because Nice or other are all fur coat no knickers then happy days.

I’d want the player to really want to be here too, just do not get that impression from everything being said. 

Think that's pretty much spot on.

The plot thickens. I’m not sure how anyone could have any doubts over his current ability, let alone future potential. You don’t have to be a top international scout to recognise this - the kid is an absolute star in the making. The thought of him upfront with the likes of Buendía, Pukki, Roberts etc is scary, even the top 2 teams defenders in the division wouldn’t be relishing facing the movement, creativity, guile and goal threat we’d have. It’d be the most potent forward line this club has ever seen, of that I’m certain. Desperately trying not to get my hopes up, but with the added steel of Amadou shielding the back 4, and Claude-Maurice adding an extra dimension up front, it’s hard not to get excited at the prospect of being just one more clever signing away from being a very decent Prem team (though I think we are decent anyway, but this would propel us further, no question).

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The plot thickens. I’m not sure how anyone could have any doubts over his current ability, let alone future potential. You don’t have to be a top international scout to recognise this - the kid is an absolute star in the making. The thought of him upfront with the likes of Buendía, Pukki, Roberts etc is scary, even the top 2 teams defenders in the division wouldn’t be relishing facing the movement, creativity, guile and goal threat we’d have. It’d be the most potent forward line this club has ever seen, of that I’m certain. Desperately trying not to get my hopes up, but with the added steel of Amadou shielding the back 4, and Claude-Maurice adding an extra dimension up front, it’s hard not to get excited at the prospect of being just one more clever signing away from being a very decent Prem team (though I think we are decent anyway, but this would propel us further, no question).

Alex I don't disagree with your enthusiasm - but he is a Ligue 2 player, unproven if he can actually make the leap not unlike many if not most of our own! We all hope they can but time will tell. As Webber said elsewhere we don't buy world stars, we create them!  My concerns with this is not the fee, but he must 'fit' with all our other 'stars' - no prima-donnas or salary discrepancies -  all for one and one for all. If that is true then no worries. Webber & Farke understand!

All said I tend to agree with WD40 - this is just a bidding war - for clubs with more money than sense! Man U, Villa, any-one?

Its enough for me to read Michael Bailey's comments this afternoon to know we should just all cool down on this ACM  saga. Undoubtedly an exciting looking footballer, at least on YouTube, my opinion is im  happy enough right now with what guys can drive us forward in the attacking department. We already got today what was far more important, a good looking guy to help us in the DM role, Trybull and Tettey  did need another force in there. Come 5pm tomorrow we can look back and think yep, City have done as good as they could with the new guys  coming in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Essjayess said:

Its enough for me to read Michael Bailey's comments this afternoon to know we should just all cool down on this ACM  saga. Undoubtedly an exciting looking footballer, at least on YouTube, my opinion is im  happy enough right now with what guys can drive us forward in the attacking department. We already got today what was far more important, a good looking guy to help us in the DM role, Trybull and Tettey  did need another force in there. Come 5pm tomorrow we can look back and think yep, City have done as good as they could with the new guys  coming in.

Exactly this. He has contacts, and probably very close to Webber. Contacts needed for his new role. Nothing to see here.

My Sources told me we are still After 3 players 1 foreign 2 British  2 x 1st team players and one exciting youth player 

Dave Freezer tweet..

Seems like #NCFC being used by Lorient to drum up interest. As per our story earlier, the overnight reports of a deal being agreed were wrong, but as I'd written in the initial rumour mill offering, the fees involved always made it unlikely.

Has Bowen at Hull found a new club? If not, it may not be us that are being used with the French lad. It could be that Webber is being a naughty boy 

I was pretty on board and excited with the rumour until I read about the 16m fee being floated. Now I am firmly in the 'Lorient are just trying to drum up interest' camp.

I don't buy that we would drop >90% of our outlay on a 21 year old l2 winger. Neither actions nor words from Webber would support us doing this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Has Bowen at Hull found a new club? If not, it may not be us that are being used with the French lad. It could be that Webber is being a naughty boy 

I mentioned this in an earlier post. Staggering how quiet things have got on the Bowen front for any club tbh. The player will be disappointed. Would not be surprised if he rocked up!

I think the player is worth the fee, he walked ligue 2 and looked exceptional in the league. Similar to how Buendia, Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis performed and we value them all £20 million plus

Are Lorient stirring the pot? Maybe. If we put in a bid, we put in something that worked for the club. Nothing more and nothing that would disrupt the plan.

Do I think bringing in these type of players rock the cart, I don't think so.

Byram, Roberts and Drmic are competition for our starters. Fahrmann is competition but has the pedigree to be number 1. Amadou is the only player who I note is coming in to a starting role.

I think we have a group who have joined all eager to prove themselves, it is a much more competitive group than what we had last season. But it only challenges our existing players to rise.

Think we have had an amazing window, amazing quality coming in and staying at the club. It may be finished, if it isn't then I feel it will be a player brought in with the right attitude and attributes. If ACM came in the chances of staying up would increase as his levels are good enough for this division.

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

well someone is in for Scott Sinclair from Celtic wonder who English PL club ???  i doubt it is us wages etc 

Championship level too

12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

well someone is in for Scott Sinclair from Celtic wonder who English PL club ???  i doubt it is us wages etc 

It won’t be us

because he’s not very good. 

Well i was told by someone at the club we are interested in another 3 maybe if they become available etc and one of them is English 1 foreign and 1 bright prospect who could be anyone , i do agree though these will only brought in if they become available , right price and wages and also that they really want the move , 

15 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Well i was told by someone at the club we are interested in another 3 maybe if they become available etc and one of them is English 1 foreign and 1 bright prospect who could be anyone , i do agree though these will only brought in if they become available , right price and wages and also that they really want the move , 

So that's Claude-Maurice, Rhodes and one other?

Not really Norwich related but I see Zaha has handed in a transfer request amid interest from Everton. That could be huge for us if he goes because that would drag Palace right into the mix, with Zaha I'd say comfortable mid table, without they're in trouble. The PL is looking a bit light on obviously poorer teams and having another relegation rival in the mix could make a difference for us. 

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Bowen!

Hope so - there’s a couple of possibles that have gone quiet....which is far more our ‘style’.  Certainly the moves we’ve been in for that we’ve heard about this year have all been broken at the other end.

We might or might not end up with another player or two, but it’ll be an interesting day.  I was trying to recall last day moves we’ve had, I can’t think of many ‘big’ ones - think Ryan Bennett was one, was Pritchard?, Maddison was and was v late (but loaned back).

Edited by Branston Pickle

Earnshaw was the best one. Signed in a layby virtually wasn't he? Somewhere near a motorway down south at about 11 at night!