Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

16.5m on the table from Norwich on ACM, according to sources in France. Source: Le Telegramme

Go on Webber son!

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

16.5m on the table from Norwich on ACM, according to sources in France. Source: Le Telegramme

Surely not?

I'm sure Webber has only bid what we're comfortable paying. If that's not enough, I'm happy for us to walk away.

Like many have said before me, the offer is acceptable. It just boils down to the player and where he see's his next club. His preferred option wasn't England (initially anyway).

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Apparently Norwich made a bid, Lorient liked the amount but the clubs couldn't agree the structure of the bid - Lorient wanting more upfront and in guaranteed payments. The offer is still on the table and ACM is prepared to move to Norwich - if his agent can put some pressure on Lorient they might accept before the deadline closes.

Looks very unlikely and Norwich aren't expecting it to happen.

Where's that info come from? Your own personal sources?

Let's think about a part that AMC said a while ago about Borussia M and the positives of playing in the Europe League.

He will be playing against Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man U, all who are European giants and last year the CL and Europe final was played out by British teams.

Wolves are in the Europa Cup this year so include them in the mix.

That is 14 games across our 38 games. Pretty good number of elite European teams in this league alone.

Apparently Norwich made a bid, Lorient liked the amount but the clubs couldn't agree the structure of the bid - Lorient wanting more upfront and in guaranteed payments. The offer is still on the table and ACM is prepared to move to Norwich - if his agent can put some pressure on Lorient they might accept before the deadline closes.

Clutching at a few straws here...🤓

One advantage is that this presumably is the only possible piece of business we have left, so we can concentrate on it. And we are not in some complicated food-chain where we have to sell to buy. If as a result we need, say, to offload Srbeny back to Germany we can do that afterwards. Nor presumably would the deal be dependent on Lorient finding a replacement tomorrow.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

One advantage is that this presumably is the only possible piece of business we have left, so we can concentrate on it. And we are not in some complicated food-chain where we have to sell to buy. If as a result we need, say, to offload Srbeny back to Germany we can do that afterwards. Nor presumably would the deal be dependent on Lorient finding a replacement tomorrow.

That's as far as we all know. They did state they will stay awake until the close of the window, so who knows if anymore bodies are coming in. At least we all haven't got long to wait now.

4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

That's as far as we all know. They did state they will stay awake until the close of the window, so who knows if anymore bodies are coming in. At least we all haven't got long to wait now.

Very true although staying awake until 5pm tomorrow shouldn't be too taxing !!

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Very true although staying awake until 5pm tomorrow shouldn't be too taxing !!

Not too sure, I'm at work!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Alan Nixon was pretty strong on the Rhodes stuff which has apparently been killed off, but who knows.

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The situation is developing apparently...

Which one is that?

A few french sources now saying deal is done. Be interesting to see whether they are basing that on earlier reports or have new information. Re: Claude-Maurice

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

A few french sources now saying deal is done. Be interesting to see whether they are basing that on earlier reports or have new information. Re: Claude-Maurice

Webber must have come on the message board, seen us all frothing at the mouth, and found an extra few mil to get it over the line

• Haha 1

I presume the thought here (assuming ACM signs) would be to free up Buendia to be a pure number 10? 

Now THAT would be exciting!

Twitter is in meltdown currently (nothing new there). Be interesting what new reports get released as we go later into the day. Also the more this goes on, I wouldn't be surprised to see another bigger team come along and poach him.

Edited by jaberry2

All this still leaves a tantalising domestic loan spot free, maybe powder dry for Jan.

Interesting there has been very little on Jarrod Bowen as thought he was certain to go to prem from mid table champs. Price perhaps too crazy.

The Telegramme article says West Ham bid 15 million Euros a few weeks ago. I can see us being outbid.

As Bethnal points out, Lorient don't have to sell ACM tomorrow although it is, as they are very aware, the best possible chance of driving his price up, while the PL transfer window is still open. Hence Norwich's bid coming out in the public.

Expect this one to go to the wire. All comes down to whether Lorient blink first. 

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I don't think it is.

Lorient would have to shift their position and they aren't under any real pressure to do that - they can still sell ACM to the rest of Europe after tomorrow and clubs in France and Germany have been interested already this summer. 

It's the hope that gets you...

I had never heard this mans name until 9am this morning - and now I am refreshing 3 tabs every 30 secs waiting for him to sign.

Edited by HertsCanary93
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

I would be delighted to see this happen and he looks good but its pretty big bucks for a French 2nd division player. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I would be delighted to see this happen and he looks good but its pretty big bucks for a French 2nd division player. 

It's the market now, it's crazy what prices clubs put on players with potential particularly when a Premier League team comes knocking. 

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

It's the market now, it's crazy what prices clubs put on players with potential particularly when a Premier League team comes knocking. 

And could easily be treble that with one good season. Club would get a % sell on fee as well...

Just now, WD40 said:

And could easily be treble that with one good season. Club would get a % sell on fee as well...

Exactly which is why I dont see it as a massive risk (unless he turns out to be a dud of course).

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Would be a record for a second division player if it went through. I can see us just being used as a pawn for bigger teams to be interested. I think most Norwich fans want this to happen, but still doubt it will.

35 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The Telegramme article says West Ham bid 15 million Euros a few weeks ago. I can see us being outbid.

The Le Telegramme journalist is named Arnaud Le Sauce...

• Like 1