Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Is it me just thinking that with this squad we now have two competitive EPL teams?

This just could be a season to remember. Never felt so positive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

AMS now off according to Michael Bailey. Also Jordan Rhodes not returning.

Its getting to the point of guesswork by somebody, interesting to see who is ITK 

9 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

4BFB630E-96EC-448A-9BE7-9357C5B5F1A5.png

The ‘this window’ caveat is interesting...buy in Jan?

• Like 1

Nixon seems pretty adamant that we’ve has a bid accepted and are still trying to get him, even having seen Bailey’s tweet. Sadly I guess MB knows more than him.

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Its getting to the point of guesswork by somebody, interesting to see who is ITK 

I assume that the reports of a bid was accepted were true, as confirmed by several reliable sources. I just suspect that the player didnt want to move to us and is now off.

Reportedly (various Twitter), wages are one factor. It was a great rumour while it lasted.

As for the DM issue, at least that will be 'solved' today. Great to have back up for TT.

24 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I assume that the reports of a bid was accepted were true, as confirmed by several reliable sources. I just suspect that the player didnt want to move to us and is now off.

Seems like the club are denying there was ever a bid accepted but the usually reliable Alan Nixon still saying we had a bid accepted and are trying to sign him, make of that what you will.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Now Michael Bailey tweeting "now heading over"!!!!!!

I think that just means Michael himself is heading over to do a Q&A

Delighted Amadou is on board for the season. The position that needed to be upgraded for this season has now seen us bring in a player with a point to prove.

He has all the attributes you should look for in a DM and without a doubt he will be showcasing his talent in a talented team. Looking forward to him making the DM position his own.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Is Michael Bailey teasing us?

No, he said "now heading over" because he's on his way to an online Q&A, nothing to do with C-M.

1 minute ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I think that just means Michael himself is heading over to do a Q&A

You're obviously a faster typer than me!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

No, he said "now heading over" because he's on his way to an online Q&A, nothing to do with C-M.

Aha...makes sense now

Now ... if this other rumour would come true... that would be just a wonderful piece of business by SW and the team! Without breaking the bank , we have a side that will have to be reckoned with.

Pleased the Amadou signing is done- he's exactly the type of player we need.

The Claude Maurice one is tough to read- if we are actually in for him then it's in our best interest to play it down and make it seem unlikely to avoid potential competitors coming in, while it is probably in Lorients best interest to make it public and get more teams involved. I'm filing it under unlikely for now but he's very much a 'nice to have' not a need like Amadou.

53 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Is it me just thinking that with this squad we now have two competitive EPL teams?

This just could be a season to remember. Never felt so positive.

You're not alone 👍 No disrespect to Tettey & Trybull who will still play their parts this season, but the extra quality we required in a DMC was always going to be pivotal to our season.

Just wish he'd had more time to bed in.

Be interesting to know what kind of pre season he has had and whether he is match fit? I cant see him starting against Liverpool (obviously) but do you reckon he will make the bench?

This ACM rumour didn't mean much to me until I started looking at him, would have been a great addition.

Really happy to have the DM position sorted though.

10 minutes ago, Jools said:

You're not alone 👍 No disrespect to Tettey & Trybull who will still play their parts this season, but the extra quality we required in a DMC was always going to be pivotal to our season.

Just wish he'd had more time to bed in.

I actually think Trybull and Tettey are both very underrated - but we obviously need cover / competition and there may be games (like this Friday - 3:1 up, 10 mins to go where we need all defensive hands to the pumps 😉)    

Amadou looks on paper like great signing - and a leader on the pitch too!  

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, Excited Canary said:

Nixon seems pretty adamant that we’ve has a bid accepted and are still trying to get him, even having seen Bailey’s tweet. Sadly I guess MB knows more than him.

Doubt it. Michael Bailey never really broken any transfer scoop as far as I can recall. No idea how his departure from Archant impacts on his relationship with the club and/or makes it more or less likely that he knows anything.

sorry if this has already been said, but do the rules say we can we play all 3 loans (Fahrmann, Roberts, Amadou), or just 2 of them at one time?

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Doubt it. Michael Bailey never really broken any transfer scoop as far as I can recall. No idea how his departure from Archant impacts on his relationship with the club and/or makes it more or less likely that he knows anything.

He broke the Buendia story. Sure he has very good contacts at the club - it just might be those contacts want a different message to the contacts Nixon might have 

Just now, spencer 1970 said:

sorry if this has already been said, but do the rules say we can we play all 3 loans (Fahrmann, Roberts, Amadou), or just 2 of them at one time?

Rule is for domestic loans only - so Amadou and Fahrmann don’t count. 

• Like 1

If that's it before the deadline..... that'll do nicely.   Well done NCFC.     Still believe he will have to dislodge Trybull and will need to earn a squad place first if Farke's usual philosophy continues.     If he's sub Friday, it'll be because Klose isn't fit and we need centre-half cover.      Trybull deserves the start Friday and this signing will push him on to more effort.   

As for Claude-Maurice, he looks good but going forward we look pretty comfortable already with 3 of Cantwell, Buendia, Hernandez, Vrancic, Roberts, Steipermann, even McLean ready to excel.     Finishing position was 12th... now thinking 10th.     

Edited by ged in the onion bag

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Rule is for domestic loans only - so Amadou and Fahrmann don’t count. 

You still think ACM is still a possibility then BYG? Even after MB and pinkun denial of the intial story.