Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

3 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Now being reported we’ve had a bid accepted for Alexis Claude-Maurice. Could this be true?

Source?

We were linked earlier in the window but that died down as he was looking at another French Ligue 2 team I believe. Looked like a decent player though and I would be happy with that addition.

8 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Now being reported we’ve had a bid accepted for Alexis Claude-Maurice. Could this be true?

Source? He didn’t play for Lorien last night. The manager said he had a bit of an injury but that might have been him being a touch economical with the truth. Might suggest he is going somewhere. But not necessarily here.

15 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

I thought I read somewhere that Lorient were asking £18M for him, so unless they have dropped their price significantly it must be a loan offer......

Can’t find a source but lots going on Twitter about it. Figure of €7.5m mentioned (again no source), but a more appealing figure obviously. Prices coming down the closer we get hopefully!

Question marks perhaps over Stiepermans role? Webber worries about how poor we looked without Buendia in the champs, and going to be harder in the prem. Think Maurice would be a class signing.

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I thought I read somewhere that Lorient were asking £18M for him, so unless they have dropped their price significantly it must be a loan offer......

I’ve also seen £18m quoted this summer, and at that price - yeah, not happening. But it’s been reported all over twitter so who knows. Certainly not getting my hopes up just yet. 

13 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

It appears Lorient were trying to drum up interest by saying Arsenal wanted to buy him when they probably didn’t. Later he said he didn’t want to play in the PL just yet and hoped to move to Borussia MG. So that 18m pound figure may have been a bit of an invention by Lorient as well. But it does seem an unlikely move for us.

That said, he can apparently play wide as well as up front, so it might be plausible, especially if the price is much lower.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

Somebody keeping an eye on Flightradar movements out of Lorient? Or perhaps Channel crossings into Portsmouth?

19 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can't see us spending that big on a player we don't really need. Where would he fit in?

I read that he plays as a winger and forward, so maybe cover for Stiepermann and Buendia?

Really not fussed about the Drinkwater links, and am 100% certain that there has never been anything in it, so am not taking any notice there - agent talk I reckon. But quite interested by the Claude-Maurice rumours that have surfaced again late tonight, though don’t we already have enough attacking midfielders? (presuming that’s what he is?). I’d only think this one is a possibility if we know we’re about to move on, or lose, one of our current players...

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Somebody keeping an eye on Flightradar movements out of Lorient? Or perhaps Channel crossings into Portsmouth?

Lorient was a German submarine base in WW2 so we might need a vessel equipped with sonar...🚣‍♂️

Nothing in L,Equipe, but their news coverage is slow, so that is no indication either way.

27 minutes ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

I read that he plays as a winger and forward, so maybe cover for Stiepermann and Buendia?

If we're spending that kind of money, it's likely he'd be more than just cover. And I guess it would mean Srbeny leaves and the likes of Cantwell, Drmic and Roberts get shunted down a place in the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If we're spending that kind of money, it's likely he'd be more than just cover. And I guess it would mean Srbeny leaves and the likes of Cantwell, Drmic and Roberts get shunted down a place in the pecking order.

Maybe Emi would be moved into CAM and Alexis would be on the wing. 

I really like the idea of a Roberts, Buendia, Claude-Maurice trio behind Pukki.

Good god, I’ve just watched the highlights reel of Alexis Claude-Maurice, and this kid looks a 50mil€ player already! 2 words spring to mind - ‘Killian’ and ‘Mbappe’. I’m sorry but I’ll eat my Norwich scarf if he even steps within 10 miles of Carrow Rd. I would imagine this lad will be off to Arsenal or similar sadly, he’s a fantastic little player!

• Like 1

There's something so cool about the way he runs at people with that straight back posture.

Ronaldo levels of confidence.

Looks like a star. Would be astonished if it comes off.

Edited by Renskay
  • Like 1

I would be astonished too, Renskay. I did do a little digging around tonight, and it appears Alexis Claude-Maurice has the same agent as someone else we were heavily linked with in the summer, Vincent Thill. I wonder, just wonder, if Webber and said agent have been having an ongoing little chat. Also, Rennes and Nice are both in the hunt for him - Patrick Viera is very keen to sign him apparently, and has already made contact. 15mil€? If somehow he would join us, we shouldn’t hesitate. This kid is the real deal. I won’t be getting my hopes up though, I just can’t see how he won’t join the likes of an Arsenal etc unfortunately, and anyway, we may not be in for him at all.

• Like 1

So, even if Lorient did accept a bid, it doesn’t really mean anything at all, as of course the player has got to want the move too. And from reading some earlier reports, he has already said he doesn’t want to join Norwich (or Brighton), or the Premier League at all currently. In this article, he states with quotes attributed to him, which club he would like to join. Although, if there was one glimmer of hope, well, you’ll pick up on it when you read what he says, so I suppose there’s a tiny chance Webber and Farke could manage to talk him around.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6394937-exclusive-arsenal-s-stance-revealed-on-move-for-alexis-claude-maurice

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Although, if there was one glimmer of hope, well, you’ll pick up on it when you read what he says, so I suppose there’s a tiny chance Webber and Farke could manage to talk him around.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6394937-exclusive-arsenal-s-stance-revealed-on-move-for-alexis-claude-maurice

"I want to join Gladbach [Borussia Monchengladbach]. They are a club that focus on young players," he told L’Equipe.

I think it is pretty widely known that we have this same focus, so maybe (hopefully) they can use that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

I think it is pretty widely known that we have this same focus, so maybe (hopefully) they can use that.

Yep, that was the glimmer of hope that I was referring to so who knows. Just depends if there’s any truth in him saying he’s not interested in Norwich (or Brighton). Otherwise, you would think from his comments on youth etc that we have a chance. 

• Like 1

Just like when it was first mentioned, this is a player that can upgrade our number 10 position greatly.

Marco is a player who had his best season while playing the number 10 and I think that was him at the top of his potential. So this move would upgrade a critical to a player who can create and score at this level.

We will see but my gosh that would be an exceptional additional signing

5 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

So, even if Lorient did accept a bid, it doesn’t really mean anything at all, as of course the player has got to want the move too. And from reading some earlier reports, he has already said he doesn’t want to join Norwich (or Brighton), or the Premier League at all currently. In this article, he states with quotes attributed to him, which club he would like to join. Although, if there was one glimmer of hope, well, you’ll pick up on it when you read what he says, so I suppose there’s a tiny chance Webber and Farke could manage to talk him around.

Clubs will rarely make bids unless the player’s agent have given a positive indication that the player would be open to the move. 

A lot of clubs have ‘shown interest’ in Claude-Maurice but no one has really tried that hardness to make it happen. It could be that now the English window is closing the player and club have had their minds focused. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Clubs will rarely make bids unless the player’s agent have given a positive indication that the player would be open to the move. 

A lot of clubs have ‘shown interest’ in Claude-Maurice but no one has really tried that hardness to make it happen. It could be that now yeh English window is closing the player and club have had their minds focused. 

That’s good to hear, Bethnal, and makes sense. What do you think our chances are? He’s been linked with some pretty decent clubs, and I can’t believe that none of the ‘bigger clubs’, from either here or abroad, aren’t keen to snap up his signature - it sounds a very low asking price for someone who looks like they’re going right to the very top. He quite reminds me of Mbappe, a real tricky talent who would almost certainly be superb in the Premier League for us.

Anyone know how legit that Soccer Link website even is? Other than having quite a few followers not really seen much to suggest they are particularly in the know...nice to dream though!

It suggests to me either agents getting desperate to move things for their players or Webber playing the long game waiting till last minutes for his targets and lowering the asking price as time runs out.

The last two targets both fit the bill for improving the starting 11 and both exciting to be linked with in such a positive way.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

It suggests to me either agents getting desperate to move things for their players or Webber playing the long game waiting till last minutes for his targets and lowering the asking price as time runs out.

Webber did state that the latter was the club's intention

though they don't want to hang about too long as they might miss the team coach

as I expect they'll be setting off to Liverpool sometime on Thursday

ps I wonder if they might fly up, be a lot better than being stuck on a coach for hours on end (5 hours plus)

• Like 1

While I am A firm believer that the Amadou transfer is about to happen, I don't believe the Claude-Maurice rumour. He's stated that he wants to join Gladbach and some other, much wealthier PL clubs have chased his signature , without getting him to sign. Clickbait(?) or just plain fantasy...