Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Just now, BobLoz3 said:

Was going to post a similar vid! He doesn't score many, not that we'd want him for that purpose, but the shot that hit the crossbar... Woah! He can certainly ping a ball!

I saw a different video that was mainly him attacking, but this one seemed to have more of a selection of clips, which I think gives a better idea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ramrod said:

I think you're confusing SW's pineapple with Delia shaking her lettuce. 

Are you referring to “lettuce be havin’ you”?

Taxi! 😳

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

and if come January they haven't made the step up, we can identify the problem areas and spend to replace/strengthen them.

I think any additions ould be more likely to be more longer time signings as I think we have enough in the squad to cover the odd misfiring player - however whilst in makes sense to have the finance to cover problems that might arise there will always be the thought of

what if...... Dean Ashton

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Was going to post a similar vid! He doesn't score many, not that we'd want him for that purpose, but the shot that hit the crossbar... Woah! He can certainly ping a ball!

Sounds like Tettey mk2.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Sounds like Tettey mk2.

With the added bonus of a lot more pace - vital for the Premier League. Fingers crossed, I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a load of nonsense and just an escalated rumour. He looks a very good player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

With the added bonus of a lot more pace - vital for the Premier League. Fingers crossed, I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a load of nonsense and just an escalated rumour. He looks a very good player.

Let’s hope so. Is the cost to buy an option or do we have to do it? If it all goes wrong I can see this being described as Naismith mk2 (or RBW mk3)!

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed, like so many on here, I don't think Tommy T alone is enough in such a fundamentally important area of the pitch. If this signing comes off, I'd be significantly more confident moving into the new season. With a bit of luck injury-wise, I believe survival could become very real come May. Quite a few soft goals were shipped last season through the "soft-middle." This team's attacking prowess is dependent on Aarons & Lewis providing width, without forgetting their primary defensive responsibilities. A player of Amadou's quality would help to greatly enable this philosophy. Hope this has legs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Let’s hope so. Is the cost to buy an option or do we have to do it? If it all goes wrong I can see this being described as Naismith mk2 (or RBW mk3)!

I think it is an option if why would there be a choice, and I think the days of bad signings are past

For the moment

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

We need to let this Naismith thing go. Every signing carries an element of risk.

• Like 2

Vital Norwich has a further update on Amadou here:

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk...defensive-midfielder-after-agreement-reached/

The original source said that the option to buy next season would only happen if we stay up. This seems to be similar to the Fährmann deal where we pay all the wages and a loan fee, except for the buy option next year. If that does happen I'd think he would become the permanent replacement for Tettey next season.

Edit: Apologies as I've just seen that Alex Moss posted this link above.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

He looks to have a turn of speed which is what you need in the EPL. And he will have to be disciplined. Not bothered if he doesn't score. Just help stop the opposition and get our flair players on the ball in their half.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Just noticed that Bielsa made him club captain in the 2017-18 season, so his character must be pretty good in terms of fitting into our squad.

I like this fact. A team full of leaders is something the Lambert glory years were marked by. 

• Like 2

Amadou also went in goal for a game under Bielsa after the Lille keeper was sent off and all the subs had been used.

He was Bielsa's 'Kalvin Phillips' at Lille, he'd break up attacks and be the first pass in his own team's attack. He can pass well, generally 90% completion rate, and would often hit big diagonal passes that are such a feature of a Bielsa team. 

The more I look at videos and read about him, the more I am impressed with this signing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The more I look at videos and read about him, the more I am impressed with this signing. 

You sound pretty  certain  Bethno, more so than the Dozzell debacle? I'd  prefer Amadou over pretty much anyone else  mentioned  in this entire thread, we can afford him, I presume?

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Amadou also went in goal for a game under Bielsa after the Lille keeper was sent off and all the subs had been used.

He was Bielsa's 'Kalvin Phillips' at Lille, he'd break up attacks and be the first pass in his own team's attack. He can pass well, generally 90% completion rate, and would often hit big diagonal passes that are such a feature of a Bielsa team. 

Fantastic utility player, this lad.

Can play DM, CB and also GK! Unbelievable stuff! 😮

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Does anybody else think he seems to be exactly what our midfield is missing? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Fantastic utility player, this lad.

Can play DM, CB and also GK! Unbelievable stuff! 😮

He can also play at CM according to TransferMarkt.

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You sound pretty  certain  Bethno, more so than the Dozzell debacle? I'd  prefer Amadou over pretty much anyone else  mentioned  in this entire thread, we can afford him, I presume?

I don't think it was ever Amadou or Dozzell. 

Amadou is flying into Norwich today to sign the paperwork. He could of course hate Norwich and Colney and change his mind, or his agent might get a last minute offer from somewhere else - but it looks 99% certain he'll sign on the dotted line.

• Like 2

If true really good news. I think if he turns out to be as good as we want to believe then there really is no limit to what this squad (and I use the word squad) can achieve.

I've always thought that part of our current quandary is allowing Vrancic, Leitner or McClean to play forward but actually needing them to be more defensive instead. No discredit to Trybull or Tettey (or even Thompson).

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

What excellent news, fingers crossed.

If Amadou gels into the squad ethos (and doesn't upset the apple-cart wage-wise)  and delivers 30+ league appearances, this could be the key signing that helps to shore up the leaky defence, allowing the front four to do their thing, supported by our two full-backs. Fingers crossed indeed!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I've always thought that part of our current quandary is allowing Vrancic, Leitner or McClean to play forward but actually needing them to be more defensive instead. No discredit to Trybull or Tettey (or even Thompson).

I wonder who the right Midfield partner would be with him?

7 minutes ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

I wonder who the right Midfield partner would be with him?

I'd suggest Leitner mainly, maybe Trybull when we need to be more solid in the middle.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd suggest Leitner mainly, maybe Trybull when we need to be more solid in the middle.

Why do you think Leitner over McLean or Vrancic?

31 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I don't think it was ever Amadou or Dozzell. 

Amadou is flying into Norwich today to sign the paperwork. He could of course hate Norwich and Colney and change his mind, or his agent might get a last minute offer from somewhere else - but it looks 99% certain he'll sign on the dotted line.

I didn't think it was one or the other,  Bethno. Dozzell was never going to be part of first team squad this season anyway.  Merely  questioning  the likelihood  of it going through.   If hes coming to do the paperwork  then were nearly over the line with this, barring freak demands or god forbid failed medical  etc.   Good stuff.