Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I will ignore these rumours - looks to me more like 2+2 = 40. However Amadou is at least an interesting call and may add that little extra piece of cover and push for Tettey & Trybull. Even if it did happen he would take weeks to integrate into the Farke system and squad.

The good news is our very limited spend this summer and faith with what we've got does mean that if we absolutely did need somebody to either fill a gap either through lack of form or injury we will have the resources available so to do in January - not that I think we will or need to - but we will have the financial clout.

I would be worried if we went for Gagnon after the “incident “ against Liverpool. It’s difficult to justify given our teams ethos.

Amadou however looks a good fit. Ariel presence, good pass completions and plays CDM and CB. Has been previously linked with all sorts including Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, Burnley, plus others in France. It could be his agent working hard or maybe Farke is playing down a long shot transfer and we hold a genuine interest in the player.We’re not up for a big fee either but this guy would get game time with us. Maybe there is a deal to be done if the player wants it. 

4 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

I would be worried if we went for Gagnon after the “incident “ against Liverpool. It’s difficult to justify given our teams ethos.

Amadou however looks a good fit. Ariel presence, good pass completions and plays CDM and CB. Has been previously linked with all sorts including Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, Burnley, plus others in France. It could be his agent working hard or maybe Farke is playing down a long shot transfer and we hold a genuine interest in the player.We’re not up for a big fee either but this guy would get game time with us. Maybe there is a deal to be done if the player wants it. 

I think one mistake shouldn't rule a player out. Buendia was caught spitting at a player in Spain the season before Norwich signed him, good thing Norwich didn't think that was against the 'team ethos'.

The Amadou thing looks very real now - being reported in France by Yahoo France who are generally pretty good at this kind of thing. Unless someone else jumps in, looks a likely move.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Probably best to not run a transfer strategy based on how it might or might not impact Ipswich.

....when dealing directly with Ipswich.....for the first time in 33 years...its a little difficult not to

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think one mistake shouldn't rule a player out. Buendia was caught spitting at a player in Spain the season before Norwich signed him, good thing Norwich didn't think that was against the 'team ethos'.

The Amadou thing looks very real now - being reported in France by Yahoo France who are generally pretty good at this kind of thing. Unless someone else jumps in, looks a likely move.

But I want Chalobah now 😢

31 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Probably best to not run a transfer strategy based on how it might or might not impact Ipswich.

Obviously we have to prioritise ourselves, but I also fear this deal benefits Ipswich far more than us. Even if Dozzell played for Rotherham or someone, I'm not convinced about spending £3m on a youngster who wouldn't be that close to the first team. And when you consider where the money is going... Yeah, I don't fancy it. 

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But I want Chalobah now 😢

Haha such is the football fan’s lot when being put through the rumour mill! I agree Chalobah is an enticing prospect, and I would slightly prefer him as more of a ‘known’ quantity. But I trust Webber to cinema up with the goods. 

36 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Sounds promising, Bethnal. Fingers crossed we get this one over the line.

• Like 1

Just now, WD40 said:

Haha such is the football fan’s lot when being put through the rumour mill! I agree Chalobah is an enticing prospect, and I would slightly prefer him as more of a ‘known’ quantity. But I trust Webber to cinema up with the goods. 

Indeed. I'd prefer Chalobah, but if you offered me Amadou now, I'd take him. A proven DM in the bag, job done.

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Indeed. I'd prefer Chalobah, but if you offered me Amadou now, I'd take him. A proven DM in the bag, job done.

I like Chalobah, but with his injury history and he hasn’t played more than 20 games in a season since 2015 I’m not really sure how reliable he’d be. He feels more like a player that would be a good signing to develop, not someone to get on loan and develop for Watford. 

Amadou adds something Norwich are really lacking in the squad and will be a good addition. Although he’ll have to get Trybull out of the team first. 

• Like 1

Progress on Amadou from Sevilla apparently:

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla/2019/08/05/detalles-cesion-amadou/237003.html

Suggests we've agreed to pay his €3m/yr wages, a loan fee, and the deal might include a purchase option. Ironing out the details. Suspect Norwich want to only have to buy if we stay up and he contributes, whilst Sevilla want something more concrete. This has the sound of SW being out there negotiating a deal, much like he did with Buendia.

That salary would be £53 k p/w, which sounds very high for us, but maybe that is less so after our recent new contracts for players.

1 minute ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Progress on Amadou from Sevilla apparently:

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/sevilla/2019/08/05/detalles-cesion-amadou/237003.html

Suggests we've agreed to pay his €3m/yr wages, a loan fee, and the deal might include a purchase option. Ironing out the details. Suspect Norwich want to only have to buy if we stay up and he contributes, whilst Sevilla want something more concrete. This has the sound of SW being out there negotiating a deal, much like he did with Buendia.

That salary would be £53 k p/w, which sounds very high for us, but maybe that is less so after our recent new contracts for players.

£53k! Ooft. No chance surely after the Naismith debacle. I don’t buy that. 

Dont imagine our new contracts have gone near that.

53k on wages should be ok for a year if there is no fee.

It would make the possibility of the signing becoming permanent next to zero under this regime - and for good reason. I would be surprised if any of our squad was on half of that.

12 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

It would make the possibility of the signing becoming permanent next to zero under this regime - and for good reason. I would be surprised if any of our squad was on half of that.

A number of our squad will be on more than that HertsCanary. Premier League wages have gone up considerably in the last few seasons and that's the market we're now in. 

5 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

There is a fee though. I'd imagine at £53k he'd be our highest earner, but I'd say our highest earners at the moment would be on more than half that. 

£53k a week for a key player on a 'try before you buy' deal, such as a loan fee with obligation to buy based on performance, wouldn't be a bad deal though.

Could he really be on 3 million Euros a year ?

Sounds an awful lot to me for a club like Sevilla to be paying/

Chalobah is certainly not getting in the Watford team and with so little football over the last 2 years it does seem a risk. But if he is fighting fit, he has pedigree and hopefully eager to show it in a first team squad. 

similar to Roberts and drmic I guess.

But Amadou is certainly looking like it has some momentum.

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

£53k a week for a key player on a 'try before you buy' deal, such as a loan fee with obligation to buy based on performance, wouldn't be a bad deal though.

I would worry about those kind of wages destabilising the team spirit, would make it a bit harder to integrate no? I know they’re professionals but...

10 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I would worry about those kind of wages destabilising the team spirit, would make it a bit harder to integrate no? I know they’re professionals but...

It’s not too far away from what Fahrmann is on at Schalke. For wages to get destabilising there has to be a huge difference - even then most players don’t actually mind that much as long as the team is succeeding. 

Bet loan players wouldn't bother people so much as guys that are given 5 year deals on double the wages. Imagine Rhodes was one of our highest earners last season.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

SW is going to really have to push the pineapple and shake a tree to make this happen. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

SW is going to really have to push the pineapple and shake a tree to make this happen. 

Yep let’s hope SW gets shaking that pineapple! I think 🤔 I know what you’re getting at...

7 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yep let’s hope SW gets shaking that pineapple! I think 🤔 I know what you’re getting at...

9 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I think you're confusing SW's pineapple with Delia shaking her lettuce. 

Would be a great signing by all accounts, exactly what we need. Being reported that it's a season long loan with an option to buy for 10 million euro if/when we stay up.

Ammmm - aaa - do do do, he will f*****g murder you

Edited by Hoolahoop14

I'm also very much of the opinion that we've set aside 10-15 million for the January window in case it all goes pear shaped. Was regularly being floated around before pre-season that we had 20 million to shell out, and we've spent just over 5% of that so far. If this is the case, I think it's a very smart move by SW  -  give the team that got us here the chance to prove themselves (alongside 1 or 2 much needed recruits), and if come January they haven't made the step up, we can identify the problem areas and spend to replace/strengthen them.

Edited by Hoolahoop14

Any three of the linked DMs would be great additions.

I think my preference would be Amadou, as I think we would have a chance of signing him permanently.

Drinkwater's wage demands will be astronomical and if Chalobah had a great season for us - Watford will demand at least 25m in the current market for a English premier league midfielder.

• Like 1