Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

I will ignore these rumours - looks to me more like 2+2 = 40. However Amadou is at least an interesting call and may add that little extra piece of cover and push for Tettey & Trybull. Even if it did happen he would take weeks to integrate into the Farke system and squad.

The good news is our very limited spend this summer and faith with what we've got does mean that if we absolutely did need somebody to either fill a gap either through lack of form or injury we will have the resources available so to do in January - not that I think we will or need to - but we will have the financial clout.

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Apparently the Dozzell to Norwich deal has been done, or very close to being done.

Norwich have now been linked to Nathan Chalobah on loan from Watford as well - the transfer window is kicking into top gear.

Wouldn't be unhappy with Chalobah as an extra body. 

Good size, can play DM or CB. 

As for Dozzell, don't get the need. 

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Wouldn't be unhappy with Chalobah as an extra body. 

Good size, can play DM or CB. 

I guess Dozzell is one for the U23s, similar to how Turnbull would have been. Could even see Dozzell come in and then go out on loan - like Rocky and Charlie Gilmour.

Nathaniel Chalobah would be an outstanding loan signing. 👍

Very highly rated in the England set-up, but with a lot to prove after struggling to displace some gems that Watford have picked up in recent years.

8 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

For the sound of keyboards exploding down the A47 😂

• Like 1

Post deleted, duplicate

Edited by Feedthewolf

When you see Harry Maguire going to manure for £80m you have to concede that the way we are going about our business is the only way open to us.

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Apparently the Dozzell to Norwich deal has been done, or very close to being done.

Norwich have now been linked to Nathan Chalobah on loan from Watford as well - the transfer window is kicking into top gear.

Interesting stuff, Bethnal. I will be the first to admit that I wrote Dozzell off purely because of the current Sunday league side he plays for, and really didn’t think he was that good a player. But if Farke and Webber think he’s one for the future, then I’ll trust their judgement.

Chalobah looks a much more likely deal to me than the Sevilla duo rumours. I don’t know much about him to be honest - what are people’s thoughts on him?

Sounds like the next few days may become more exciting for Norwich supporters than we may have been expecting...

Apparently Sheff Utd. also want Chalobah.

What do we think? With their reasonably significant outlay thus far, would we'd be battered by them on a financial level or has their spending been put on hold?

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

Oh, and hilarious if we do get Dozzell if only to see the implosion down the road. Just hope the fee was/is minimal!

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Interesting stuff, Bethnal. I will be the first to admit that I wrote Dozzell off purely because of the current Sunday league side he plays for, and really didn’t think he was that good a player. But if Farke and Webber think he’s one for the future, then I’ll trust their judgement.

Chalobah looks a much more likely deal to me than the Sevilla duo rumours. I don’t know much about him to be honest - what are people’s thoughts on him?

Sounds like the next few days may become more exciting for Norwich supporters than we may have been expecting...

Chalobah was a great talent at 17, Chelsea gave him a five-year, £30k a week deal and then he just stalled after several failed loan spells. Then he resurrected himself at Watford and started the season in great form a couple of years ago before an injury took the wind out of his sails. But he fits the bill for our problem position, that's for sure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Chalobah was a great talent at 17, Chelsea gave him a five-year, £30k a week deal and then he just stalled after several failed loan spells. Then he resurrected himself at Watford and started the season in great form a couple of years ago before an injury took the wind out of his sails. But he fits the bill for our problem position, that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Oh, and hilarious if we do get Dozzell if only to see the implosion down the road. Just hope the fee was/is minimal!

ROFL.........the meltdown and gnashing of teeth has already started on TW*TTED 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Ah, I actually remember him now with all that information, Wacky. Cheers. Sounds like he’d fit the bill nicely, and if it’s a loan then we’d still not be breaking the bank. I must admit that I’ve not been expecting any further incomings, 1 would be good (CDM 😂), 2 would be great! Fingers crossed.

Chalobah played just 267 minutes of premier league football last season. 

Did he go on loan to the Champ or anything? 

There are 2 Chalobah brothers - Nathaniel, who plays for Watford (having been on Chelsea's books since 2010 - he's now 24) and Trevor, who played for L1pswich last season on loan from Chelsea (who he joined in 2016).  I thought he was L1pswich's best player when they played us in February.  Nathaniel would be a good signing in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

Chalobah played just 267 minutes of premier league football last season. 

Did he go on loan to the Champ or anything? 

He was behind Doucoure, Capoue and Will Hughes. Watford don't rotate much and those three missed very few games. 

Looks like the source of the Dozzell rumour on the twtd side has deleted the tweet and said it is a windup.

Edited by HertsCanary93

2 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Looks like the source of the Dozzell rumour on the twtd side has deleted the tweet and said it is a windup.

Haha... Well, he caught a few of them!

I don't think we really need him but my oh my... It would be funny to snatch him away from them

I was surprised to see it come up after the fee they wanted.

Much rather that £££ went on a loan fee or full fee for a first team squad member at the moment

Yeah things are going to go into silly season overload now!

I suppose Sky Sports have got to have something to talk about in their snazzy new transfer centre, with all those random presenters in mad bright suits I keep seeing. I mean, how will they afford the suits for the presenters if not?

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Drinkwater was being touted with a loan to Brighton yesterday - his name is getting about a bit, but he’s surely too £££ for us.

While I don't suspect Norwich are really in the running for him, if there are no other offers then even if Norwich only paid a small percentage of his wages that would be better than nothing for Chelsea. Also, if he has a good season then they might actually be able to sell him at the end of it. 

I reckon he'll end up on loan someone by the end of the week, and someone could get a great deal out of it - or they could get a 29 year old who has made his money and isn't really fired up for a relegation fight. 

Getting Drinkwater in would be a brilliant bit of business, hope Webber can pull that off.  I have t heard anywhere he has a bad attitude, only that he’s frustrated at Chelsea not playing.

Edited by ec-p

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

While I don't suspect Norwich are really in the running for him, if there are no other offers then even if Norwich only paid a small percentage of his wages that would be better than nothing for Chelsea. Also, if he has a good season then they might actually be able to sell him at the end of it. 

I reckon he'll end up on loan someone by the end of the week, and someone could get a great deal out of it - or they could get a 29 year old who has made his money and isn't really fired up for a relegation fight. 

He was there for their ride through the leagues, and difficult season they scraped survival and then went and won the thing. I feel we need more of a Kante type than a Drinkwater type, we have plenty of ball players.

Id be more interested in the Chalobah signing if you’re giving me the choice. Whiff of something more permanent about it if he has a good season. Wouldn’t need to massively uproot himself as well if settled around Watford?

Please lets not go down the Dozzell route.....they need the £3m more than we need the player.

theyre in financial trouble, I dont want to give them a single penny to help them.

....plus they might use that money to either keep Judge....or sign a couple of loan players that help them to promotion.

No thanks....not in our name

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Please lets not go down the Dozzell route.....they need the £3m more than we need the player.

theyre in financial trouble, I dont want to give them a single penny to help them.

....plus they might use that money to either keep Judge....or sign a couple of loan players that help them to promotion.

No thanks....not in our name

Probably best to not run a transfer strategy based on how it might or might not impact Ipswich.

• Haha 1