Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We only have one more space in the squad for a non-homegrown player,

isn't Krul home grown ?

Depends who you class as part of the squad, but Fahrmann, McGovern, Heise, Klose, Zimmermann, Leitner, Vrancic, Tettey, Trybull, McLean, Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Pukki, Drmic and Srbeny makes 16. .

17 limit, hence the "one space" comment.

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Depends who you class as part of the squad, but Fahrmann, McGovern, Heise, Klose, Zimmermann, Leitner, Vrancic, Tettey, Trybull, McLean, Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Pukki, Drmic and Srbeny makes 16. .

17 limit, hence the "one space" comment.

Other than maybe Srbeny I can't see any of those moving unless we replace Tettey with new one. 

The rest will be here at the start of the season. 

£8m ????? My ****?

There's mention on the other thread that they have a tendency to overate their youngsters. This just confirms it.

A decent little player on his days but a little lightweight and ineffectual .

He would be a million miles away from our first team squad even at his best.

Fake news!

• Like 1

I don't think that even the most deranged, bin dipping, p!ss stained trouser wearing Ipswich fan would believe that!

4 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I don't think that even the most deranged, bin dipping, p!ss stained trouser wearing Ipswich fan would believe that!

He, he except that some apparently do. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Their  local paper are running with it now. Dozzell is out of contract next summer, so no idea if this is his agent trying to get an auction going, or if we're genuinely interested. Though I doubt we've got enough disinfectant to remove the whiff of bin from him.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-want-ipswich-town-midfielder-andre-dozzell-1-6174405

On the Pink 'Un front page now too... My comment was to do with the fee, but I must admit I haven't seen anything particularly special from the lad when he's appeared for those lot down the road.

Suddenly their crown jewel of the youth policy down there is being written off as not worth the money and is no big deal.

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

That article reads like it was written by a computer.

James Kent.

**** I forgot about him again.

What a time to be alive.

James Kent, Tom Cavendish, True Grit. They don't make 'em like them used to.

• Like 1

I'd rather not give them a single penny of our money, even if it did pi$s them off.

Imagine if they bought a couple of players with any money we gave them and they helped them to a promotion challenge?

Steer well clear

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd rather not give them a single penny of our money, even if it did pi$s them off.

Imagine if they bought a couple of players with any money we gave them and they helped them to a promotion challenge?

Steer well clear

Imagine if we sign him he's great, we stay up and then sell him for £50m.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Apparently we, and Leicester, had some scouts out at a Porto game...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-norwich-city-already-scouting-work-wonderkid-impressing/

Silva would be one to get excited about, by all accounts the real deal and linked with every Champions League club you can think of in the past year or so. Easily would cost north of £10m... and you can’t see us dropping that on a 17 year old.

Surely just agent talk, but in the unlikely event it did happen it would be the perfect PL evolution of ambition done the Webber way. 

Edited by CrouchEndCanary

5 minutes ago, CrouchEndCanary said:

Silva would be one to get excited about, by all accounts the real deal and linked with every Champions League club you can think of in the past year or so. Easily would cost north of £10m... and you can’t see us dropping that on a 17 year old.

Surely just agent talk, but in the unlikely event it did happen it would be the perfect PL evolution of ambition done the Webber way. 

Agreed, too many clubs with greater financial clout apparently interested to make this one a reality unfortunately, but I’m pleased we appear to have such a strong scouting network out in Iberia. The Buendia signing will be worth it for a scouts 10 years of wages alone. And I’m sure we’ll unearth more. So who knows who caught the eye during that recent game, we might get a surprise in the coming weeks if we’re lucky. 

13 hours ago, CrouchEndCanary said:

Probs watching another player from Getafe... Emi mark 2!

Can't see us being in for Silva... We'd get blown out of the water by the big boys pretty damn quickly!

Edited by BobLoz3
Wrote 'botys' instead of 'boys'...

14 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Steer well clear

Well if another club is prepared to buy him for the same fee, they'd get that money regardless. On balance, I'd rather he developed here so we can rub their noses in it when he scores the winner against them in the EFL Trophy semi-final.

Struggling to make sense of this one. He's not going to bother the first Team, he's injury prone, he's not 18 anymore so not exactly 'one for the future'.

Some joker over there mentioned 15 million, even the 8 quoted is way over. With a year left on his contract, and with Evans happy to sell what's left of the family Silver, I'd take a punt at a million. 

They can take it or leave it....

On 23/07/2019 at 10:03, splendidrush said:

Struggling to make sense of this one. He's not going to bother the first Team, he's injury prone, he's not 18 anymore so not exactly 'one for the future'.

Some joker over there mentioned 15 million, even the 8 quoted is way over. With a year left on his contract, and with Evans happy to sell what's left of the family Silver, I'd take a punt at a million. 

They can take it or leave it....

Former England youth international who impressed in poor team last season. I can definitely see why Norwich are looking.

Obviously wouldn't pay a large fee for him, but signing him up is like signing players like Rocky, Fitzpatrick and Adshead.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/paul-lambert-on-dozzell-1-6177114

I think we may wait until next year when he's out of contract.

Ipswich have an option for a further year on his contract - I guess Norwich are seeing if they can take advantage of Ipswich's situation.

I suspect they have made such enquiries about a lot of players and as we have seen are getting knocked back on many occasions. 

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Former England youth international who impressed in poor team last season. I can definitely see why Norwich are looking.

Obviously wouldn't pay a large fee for him, but signing him up is like signing players like Rocky, Fitzpatrick and Adshead.

Ipswich have an option for a further year on his contract - I guess Norwich are seeing if they can take advantage of Ipswich's situation.

I suspect they have made such enquiries about a lot of players and as we have seen are getting knocked back on many occasions. 

Well we're pretty well equipped to go into the season as we are, I think. Hoping that Leitner and Lewis may have new deals announced soon, and we might still bring in the fabled defensive midfielder... maybe even another versatile attacking player too. But we're in a good place I reckon.