Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

2 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yes, true. But there are ways of going around it. What you said just seemed a bit bombastic to me. That's all.

But there we are. All good. I can't even remember if I thought Nelson was decent, or bobbins, in that game!

Agree it’s best to treat opinions as opinions, not black & white right/wrong.

I was there and distinctly remember him slowing down our game most times we got forward. I said as much on here, purely as an observation without judgement. Funnily enough someone shot me down for having an agenda (I didn’t) simply for saying what I saw. Just shows.

Was a great game though .. the feeling that with DF, it would be amazing to see if we could compete with their likes week in, week out. Now’s our chance. Hurrah!

Edited by GenerationA47

20 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yes, true. But there are ways of going around it. What you said just seemed a bit bombastic to me. That's all.

But there we are. All good. I can't even remember if I thought Nelson was decent, or bobbins, in that game!

I might agree if the poster just thought he didn't play well.

For me accusing a Norwich player of not putting in any effort and having to be carried by his teammates is far more 'bombastic' than anything I said.

Football fans are hugely prone to confirmation bias and narratives around a player develop quickly. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I might agree if the poster just thought he didn't play well.

For me accusing a Norwich player of not putting in any effort and having to be carried by his teammates is far more 'bombastic' than anything I said.

Football fans are hugely prone to confirmation bias and narratives around a player develop quickly. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Remind us of your....er.....opinion......on Russell Martin again. 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Remind us of your....er.....opinion......on Russell Martin again. 

That he wasn't a good central defender in general?

King, I didn't think he played well.

Not so sure why you are so worried when it is so in the past.

Back to the transfer rumours, which is about NCFC today and surely that is more important than a game in the past.

Great that we have had a bid accepted for another young talent. Have to say our stock piling of youngsters has been very impressive.

I think this week is a big week with less than 3 weeks to the season for new additions.

Get a player(s) in this week and they can get a bit more up to speed with the team before our home pre season games and be ready for the Liverpool game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Good point

so , err, what position do people think we still need to focus on getting someone in ?

Good lord it's been an hour since you asked the question  Formingo!! Am I the only person who realises we need NLCDM?  I hope that the management are aware. Maybe  if enough of us make a fuss about it on  here,  they'll take notice. I'm surprised that no one else has picked up on this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, smooth said:

Not so sure why you are so worried when it is so in the past.

It wasn't me that brought it up...

Oh my god, I just said he was crap. Let it flipping go!!!

Thank god everyone else wants to talk about NCFC this season. That's all I care about, just glad NO has gone who has not been a factor for a season of 2.

I am excited about new signings And the direction of the club.

From reports sounds like Roberts has been improving each game. Is he now ahead of Onel?

I do wonder if the Palmer rumours gather momentum this week

Robert's does have very nifty feet and likes a blind pass. Left footed. Wes mk2?

Edited by wcorkcanary

Lots of wages cleared off the books now, I wonder if we have 1 big flex in us in this transfer window or if we are just going to play it safe and bank the extra money? When you see they types of player floating around for £15m you can easily see why the club don't fancy it. I do hope we unearth one powerful CDM to upgrade Tettey from somewhere though. Kind of hope we find a young asset to have a gamble on for £15m or so in the ilk of Kalvin Phillips or something though it seems even Phillips is being priced at £25m

Problem is that I don't see any particular areas we need an obvious upgrade bar there as the lads that got us up have done so well. It would be upgrades pretty much everywhere to take us to the next level though.

Maybe a cheeky loan like Krystian Bielek or Kasey Palmer with a view to a permanent if we stay up would be useful as well

• Like 1

In an ideal situation we would have someone to challenge Marco as well as a new starter in DM role.

Palmer could certainly challenge and looks to have plenty of upside

Palmer has shown very little to make me think he would add anything to our squad. I really hope we don’t get him on loan. I would like Reece James if it were possible but wonder if Lampard might use him. Best player we faced last season in my view and perfect for that DM role.

On 19/07/2019 at 14:31, smooth said:

There certainly were, but in that game every player played out of their skin. It was commited and a performance of the highest level.

NOs performance was not commited at all. He never won a ball in the air, lacked movement. Played isolated and looked uninterested.

I thought it was a team performance of the highest order and every other player covered for his ineptness. It was 10 players performing at the top of their game in order to cover 11. They did do that, an unbelievable team performance.

Yet in front of a big crowd NO was totally uninterested, it showed me major problems with him and his respect for the other players, club and more importantly himself.

If he had performed in front of a huge crowd, at Arsenal he could have got a move. With the team performance if he had turned up we could have won and he could have got the move he wanted. 

To me it proved that he was not driven by football, being the best he can be and reinforced why he struggled at so many clubs. He carried on picking up a huge pay packet for 18months afterwards.

But anyway as I mentioned earlier, glad to move on and now have players who are on this journey and those that aren't are no longer here.

I disagree about Nelson at that time. I love Farke but for me he mishandled Jerome and Oliviera during that spell. First he ran Jerome into the ground and refused to play Nelson at Portman Road then he made a player who hadn’t played for weeks due to injury play 120 minutes at the Emirates and Olivera got injured in the next game. Yes you could say he shouldn’t have asked to come off but that’s what he was doing as he was knackered.

Farke has many strengths but rotating his players/strikers is not one of them. We got away with it a bit last season. Hopefully having less games in the prem will help us. 

Reece James has had a great season at Wigan by all accounts.

From what we saw at the end of the season he would be a very good addition in that DM position, but recall many people saying he is a RB. But he performed very well in that defensive midfield position.

Even if he doesn't come to us I would expect him to shine wherever he plays.

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I disagree about Nelson at that time. I love Farke but for me he mishandled Jerome and Oliviera during that spell. First he ran Jerome into the ground and refused to play Nelson at Portman Road then he made a player who hadn’t played for weeks due to injury play 120 minutes at the Emirates and Olivera got injured in the next game. Yes you could say he shouldn’t have asked to come off but that’s what he was doing as he was knackered.

Farke has many strengths but rotating his players/strikers is not one of them. We got away with it a bit last season. Hopefully having less games in the prem will help us. 

I think Farke is an advocate of the 'train hard for 135 mins in order to play well for 95' which is perhaps why  we were so good towards the end of so many games, to do this on a regular basis takes a special type of fitness,  some are just not up to it, for whatever reason  and through no fault of their own.

Maybe its another one of his and webber's  marginal gains.

37 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Bit of carping here. Farke handled Jerome and Nelson perfectly really, they had no place for them in an outstanding team. We didn't get away with it, we won the league because of Farke's decisions - not despite of them. Rotating would have weakened the team, cost points and possibly cost us promotion.

• Like 4

Seem to remember Jerome coming out in the Press, after joining Derby, that the training was too intense. Thought it was poor from him at the time, ultimately DF/SW were proved right, with our limited budget, we had to work harder. 

I wonder where Jerome will be kicking off the season, I don't remember seeing much of him last year. 

4 hours ago, BigFish said:

Bit of carping here. Farke handled Jerome and Nelson perfectly really, they had no place for them in an outstanding team. We didn't get away with it, we won the league because of Farke's decisions - not despite of them. Rotating would have weakened the team, cost points and possibly cost us promotion.

that is actually a very good point! Hard to see Jerome in that light though from how hard I have personally seen him work.

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

that is actually a very good point! Hard to see Jerome in that light though from how hard I have personally seen him work.

I liked Jerome too, but Pukki works a bit harder and a bit more intelligently,  marginal gains again. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I liked Jerome too, but Pukki works a bit harder and a bit more intelligently,  marginal gains again. 

Pukki is abnormal though in terms of his work rage and his ability to play 90 minutes every games throughout the season. I completely agree he suits Farke’s ethos better I just think that in that first season Farke could have handled and rotated Jerome and Oliveira better and I do still think he could use subs earlier and give some players a bit more of a breather from time to time. A prime example being Buendia against qpr where at 3-0 up he really should have been subbed off before he got that red and having a well deserved rest on the bench. 

It is what it is, it’s not his style and whilst we are winning he’s not going to change it. The good stuff still massively outweighs any concerns. Less games and a bit more down time in the premier league should help us a bit. 

26 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The Kwasi Wriedt rumour has grown again, scored again yesterday

Quite like the look of him. Would fit our model although Idah looking increasingly like he could get involved this season. 

35 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Quite like the look of him. Would fit our model although Idah looking increasingly like he could get involved this season. 

I do too, Srbeny is probably being assessed before a decision is made. Buzzing for Idah though 

46 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Meh,

He’s 25 so not a kid and never played above the third tier. Can see Norwich might have been interested if still in the Championship but not for the Prem. 

Think his agent has been working overtime linking him to moves somewhere. 

The latest ‘link’ seems to just be a rehashing of the older story. So don’t think anything new has happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Pukki is abnormal though in terms of his work rage... 

Surely this was Oliveira's problem?

• Haha 1

Re: Wriedt and Long.

We only have one more space in the squad for a non-homegrown player, so unless someone like Srbeny or Tettey leaves, I think we'd be better off using that space for the famous BWSCCDM* as it gives us unlimited scope for our most important position as opposed to limiting ourselves to the domestic market.

*Ball-winning, space-covering central defensive midfielder.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

*Ball-winning, space-covering central defensive midfielder.

you forgot lynchpin, so its BWSCLCDM.