Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

31 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I honestly don't see us making any marquee signings. Yes we need back up but a fit squad has, I believe, a chance of keeping us up. And I just don't see the coaching staff going overboard for someone who might not buy into, or be able to, DF's philosophy.

I am on board with what you're saying there. If a player isn't going to improve the team then why spend big bucks on them?

There may be one or two more in, with a chance of starting for the first team. I can't see them being big signings, such as yourself, but I think we could make something happen that may surprise us all. At this point it's a guessing game. I mean... Who saw Byram coming?? I like that we do things this way, under the radar as such. But I, like many others, still believe we'll have one or two more who will be in contention for the first team.

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Bielik? Definitely played more as a CB as of late but very good on the ball and apparently can play as a DM.

He played in both positions last season on loan to Charlton and if our rumoured interest in him last year was true then he must have been judged a good fit by SW and DF.

Just translated a Polish news report which says the move to AC Milan is off, and his most likely destination will be on loan to a Championship club. If Arsenal are prepared to let him go on loan to the Championship, surely it'd be beneficial for him to be playing against their top-six rivals and appreciating further in value due to playing PL football? Plus then they'd have a better idea of whether he can cut it at PL level.

Click here

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Just translated a Polish news report which says the move to AC Milan is off, and his most likely destination will be on loan to a Championship club. If Arsenal are prepared to let him go on loan to the Championship, surely it'd be beneficial for him to be playing against their top-six rivals and appreciating further in value due to playing PL football? Plus then they'd have a better idea of whether he can cut it at PL level.

Click here

Or maybe it just means that he isn't viewed as being ready for Premier League football yet.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Or maybe it just means that he isn't viewed as being ready for Premier League football yet.

Well he's 21 and he's just turned down a move to AC Milan, so seems like he thinks he's ready. I don't think he'd turn it down because he doesn't believe he's good enough to play for them!

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Click here

Only if he plays regularly I guess. 

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Well he's 21 and he's just turned down a move to AC Milan, so seems like he thinks he's ready. I don't think he'd turn it down because he doesn't believe he's good enough to play for them!

Did he actually turn down a move to Milan, though? And if he did, maybe it's because he knows he won't be getting in the first team.

And also, if you look at Milan's transfer business of late, they seem to be building a side of Championship players anyway. 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Did he actually turn down a move to Milan, though? And if he did, maybe it's because he knows he won't be getting in the first team.

And also, if you look at Milan's transfer business of late, they seem to be building a side of Championship players anyway. 

Another report suggests that actually Arsenal wanted more money as they're keen to make a profit on him (paid £2.5m for him). Seems Emery has told him to find himself another club, and the player himself wants a permanent deal rather than a loan. Could play into our hands, perhaps?

Report here

"Krystian Bielik can look for a new club. The defender does not appear in the future plans of the Arsenal manager, Unai Emery.

The departure of the youth representative of Poland from Arsenal has been said for several weeks. The player after a successful Euro U-21 counted on getting an opportunity from a Spanish manager. Meanwhile, the 21-year-old lacked even in the wide Canonier squad for a tour of the United States, and the club told him to look for a new club.

- After the EURO there was a conversation in which the representative of Arsenal told the player's agent, Cezary Kucharski, that the player will not have an extended contract (this ends in 2021), because it does not fit the philosophy of the Spanish trainer. Bielik himself got a signal that the young players brought for Arsene Wenger will be pushed out of the club - writes "Sport Review".

At one time, he was interested in AC Milan, but the subject of the transfer collapsed due to the financial requirements of the English. Four years ago they brought him from Legia Warsaw for 2.5 million euros and now they are going to make money on it.

Krystian Bielik, who spent the last season on loan at Charlton Atletic, are interested in clubs from the Championship. The defender would like to transfer the final, not the next loan."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Bielik? Definitely played more as a CB as of late but very good on the ball and apparently can play as a DM.

He played in both positions last season on loan to Charlton and if our rumoured interest in him last year was true then he must have been judged a good fit by SW and DF. Would cost something more than €2.5m, but we could afford a £3m bid plus his wages with what we have left in the budget.

The Standard, who have very good links into Arsenal compared to a random Polish website taking a story from a random transfer website, say that Arsenal don’t want to sell and want him to sign a new contract. 

If was available the fee would be around £10m due to the number of clubs interested in him. 

20 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The Standard, who have very good links into Arsenal compared to a random Polish website taking a story from a random transfer website, say that Arsenal don’t want to sell and want him to sign a new contract. 

If was available the fee would be around £10m due to the number of clubs interested in him. 

Well perhaps that's true, but he doesn't want to sign? It's true that he hasn't been taken on the US tour, and there are plenty of youth team prospects who have been taken. I don't believe he's injured?

I take everything you've said on board, Bethnal... he just sounds like he'd be a good acquisition is all. I'll try to forget about him now... 🙂

Lots of confusing reports with regards to Bielek.

It seems Arsenal got badly burnt by the Sanchez/Ozil situation and now don't want to let players get to the final year of their deal and forced to sell at a cut price. So I think they want him to sign a new deal and maybe go out on loan again but if he really doesn't want to extend then they may look to sell now when they can get a bigger fee. 

I'm not sure why he's being linked with Championship clubs on loan based on that though. I can't imagine he is that interested in signing a new deal to go out to a second tier club. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Lots of confusing reports with regards to Bielek.

It seems Arsenal got badly burnt by the Sanchez/Ozil situation and now don't want to let players get to the final year of their deal and forced to sell at a cut price. So I think they want him to sign a new deal and maybe go out on loan again but if he really doesn't want to extend then they may look to sell now when they can get a bigger fee. 

I'm not sure why he's being linked with Championship clubs on loan based on that though. I can't imagine he is that interested in signing a new deal to go out to a second tier club. 

The idea from Arsenals’ point of view was that they didn’t need him this season, so will get him on a longer contract and loan him out to a championship/premier league team for the season with a view to playing next season. 

However, their position has dramatically changed with Koscielny throwing his toys out the pram. Arsenal are now thinking he might need to stay this season. He isn’t on the tour as they are still working towards a new contract and loan out, but with one eye on their own squad situation. 

Bielek wants to play first team football and the noises are he doesn’t want to go on loan. This is either a genuine pitch to leave, or his agent trying to get a better contract for him. 

If Arsenal are to sell him, which is a possibility if he really digs his heals in, then they will expect a big fee as there are a whole host of clubs who would like to sign him. 

I suspect he is being a little difficult in order to get a slightly larger contract after having a break out season at Charlton. 

I would be delighted if Norwich could get him, I think he’s fantastic player and would be perfect for the system. 

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I honestly don't see us making any marquee signings. Yes we need back up but a fit squad has, I believe, a chance of keeping us up. And I just don't see the coaching staff going overboard for someone who might not buy into, or be able to, DF's philosophy.

I am not sure what a marquee signing is. Not being sarcastic, but does it mean a big-money signing, or a big-name signing, or both? The implication seems to be that such a player would be bound to have a big ego that worked against team spirit and the like. I don't think that is bound to be so.

If, for example, the best solution to filling the gap most posters still see existing, in defensive central midfield, is a free transfer from the Polish third tier then fine, but if the solution is a big name/big money transfer from Ligue 1 then that should be the way to go.

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

If there's any truth in this, it pretty much ensures there would be no move for Bowen. Palmer's primarily an attacking midfielder, but he can also play wide.

Wonder if we can convert him into a defensive midfielder? We need some cover there... 🎣

55 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Webber brought him in at Huddersfield where he was very good. 

Think Norwich have been linked to him pretty much every year since Webber arrived there. £4m would be very good value, he wouldn’t make a massive impact on the first team but would be a ‘sound investment’.

Maybe another one Norwich see signing and then loaning out. 

I think for £4million that sounds a pretty tidy investment, looks to be improving each year.

We will see, maybe a rumour repeated from previous years. But if not seems a decent possible addition.

Palmer is one of those players I’ve heard lots of hype over but has throughly underwhelmed whenever I’ve actually watched him.

I'm not sure how much weight an 'exclusive' from footballinsider247 has... But he is a player I could believe we are interested in.

While I'm not sure we are desperate for another in that position - we were certainly after that lad from Hibbs before it fell through. So clearly we are looking to add someone there, if they are available.

Edited by HertsCanary93

1 hour ago, Darth Vadis said:

Do we need him and is he good enough?

9 goals and 5 assists in 68 Champ appearances isn’t great.

The same reservation I have, but I also feel that a CB/DM is a much higher priority.

1 hour ago, Renskay said:

Some Belgian-Nigerian-English bloke signed a new contract in the youth team according to this article.

Tyrese Omotoye.

I've never heard of him, is he any good?

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32964

9076Tyrese.png

Don't know much about him either.  He is meant to be a good prospect.  He used to a sprinter (100m & 200m).

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

But will it be a LCDM?

Do we need one?

(Let me know when this gets tired)

• Haha 2