Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

17 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Not really, they are just waiting for the next slip so they can claim they were right all along......😉

Oh yeah, some people do that don't they...Just like politicians 😂

It’s no disrespect to Hanley or close, but both aren’t blessed with pace and both at times look a little slow to react at times.

Maybe we’ve been spoiled by two outstanding CB last season who complimented each other and the settled back four certainly helped to ease our run in.

Without doubt both very solid guys be good to see how they start this season.

We simply need to improve our defence, still. 

We have the best attacking options we could afford. 

Get an experienced loan in or leak goals like the soft concessions on the recent friendly where our full backs (Aarons in particular) looked less than convincing. 

And those full backs need to sit a little deeper and wait for openings not play so gung ho. But that is down to the coach. 

According to Sky Kieran Trippier may be leaving Spurs for Atletico Madrid. I’d be very concerned that they would come in for Aaron’s if that comes off

Edit: Sky now reporting that Trippier is having a medical at Madrid tomorrow. 

Edited by JF

22 minutes ago, JF said:

According to Sky Kieran Trippier may be leaving Spurs for Atletico Madrid. I’d be very concerned that they would come in for Aaron’s if that comes off

Edit: Sky now reporting that Trippier is having a medical at Madrid tomorrow. 

And Max hasn't signed that new contract yet......

And we've just signed Byrom.........

It's obvious he's off.

Just now, lappinitup said:

And Max hasn't signed that new contract yet......

And we've just signed Byrom.........

It's obvious he's off.

It’s fairly obvious that you can’t contribute to this forum unless it’s in the form of sarcasm....

I’d say this is a worthy conversation point all things considered. Without doubt Aaron’s is now going to be linked to Spurs.

11 minutes ago, JF said:

It’s fairly obvious that you can’t contribute to this forum unless it’s in the form of sarcasm....

I’d say this is a worthy conversation point all things considered. Without doubt Aaron’s is now going to be linked to Spurs.

he already is......

............ by some on here 😊

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

he already is......

............ by some on here 😊

Lol. Lets hope it’s not the case but it’s already all over social media. 5 year contract or not if Spurs come in we will do well to keep him

23 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

How was that sarcastic?

It's my honest opinion.

You're out of order.

Smacked of sarcasm to me, if it wasn’t then I apologise.  So your honest opinion is it’s a done deal then?  That’s disappointing as I’d have liked to see him have one more season here in the PL

Edited by JF

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

there's a lot all over social media

so what ?

I agree, it’s just their fans saying that’s who they should go for. Thing is of all the likely possible suitors for him I’d say Spurs would be the one. And if Trippier goes they will be in the market for a RB

I won't say it's a done deal but I won't be surprised if it does happen because of the things I outlined. I really hope it doesn't happen but I've been disappointed many times before.

3 minutes ago, JF said:

I agree, it’s just their fans saying that’s who they should go for. Thing is of all the likely possible suitors for him I’d say Spurs would be the one. And if Trippier goes they will be in the market for a RB

and if Aarons goes we shall be in the market for another RB

but I would rather trust the club to decide that

than listen to a load of over excited idiots on here (as with Spurs fans)

Looking at it the other way, would Spurs really be happy to go for a player who’s not played in the Prem at all and has less than a season’s first team experience?

dont get me wrong, I rate Max as a top player but it just seems a bit surprising Spurs would be willing to sign him now.

he’s already on a long contract so if they do, they’ll have to pay a pretty stiff price for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Looking at it the other way, would Spurs really be happy to go for a player who’s not played in the Prem at all and has less than a season’s first team experience?

dont get me wrong, I rate Max as a top player but it just seems a bit surprising Spurs would be willing to sign him now.

he’s already on a long contract so if they do, they’ll have to pay a pretty stiff price for him.

One thing that might put them off is they already have Kyle Walker Peters who is considered a hot prospect at full back.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

and if Aarons goes we shall be in the market for another RB

but I would rather trust the club to decide that

than listen to a load of over excited idiots on here (as with Spurs fans)

Don’t read a transfer rumours thread on a football discussion forum then...

Just now, JF said:

Don’t read a transfer rumours thread on a football discussion forum then...

there is a marked difference between reading posts on here and taking heed and acting on them

1 minute ago, Bill said:

there is a marked difference between reading posts on here and taking heed and acting on them

My opinion wasn’t based on rumours. As I said in my first post, if Trippier leaves then I would be concerned that they would come in for Aaron’s. If that were to concern you is down to you. My concern has nothing to do with the rumours on social media, I just pointed out they were already there and are likely going to continue. 

Would have thought it highly unlikely. Norwich would be wanting at least £20m-30m, and that combined with the fact that Spurs can't sign him and loan him to another Premiership team, means he'd have to walk straight into the first team. He's 19 with one Championship season under his belt, and Spurs are the Champion League runners up.

I can see Spurs wanting him, but not under those terms.

• Like 1

City 1st king of forum 🎣

There’s not one thread where you don’t try to get hooked into a confrontation! But while people keep biting.......he’ll keep 🎣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Would have thought it highly unlikely. Norwich would be wanting at least £20m-30m, and that combined with the fact that Spurs can't sign him and loan him to another Premiership team, means he'd have to walk straight into the first team. He's 19 with one Championship season under his belt, and Spurs are the Champion League runners up.

I can see Spurs wanting him, but not under those terms.

I agree, but they could well promote Walker-Peters as he’s pretty highly thought off and buy Aarons as back up and future right back. Just as above notsure they’d pay our asking price.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Aarons has signed a new deal in the last week. He’s going nowhere this summer. 

He did. But if and it’s a big if, Spurs were to come calling, does that contract matter? If his head were to be turned it’s very hard to keep a player then.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

City 1st king of forum 🎣

There’s not one thread where you don’t try to get hooked into a confrontation! But while people keep biting.......he’ll keep 🎣

Yep. He’s an absolute **** that is best Ignored. Lesson learnt 

• Like 2

Just now, JF said:

He did. But if and it’s a big if, Spurs were to come calling, does that contract matter? If his head were to be turned it’s very hard to keep a player then.

He wouldn’t have signed the contract if there was any chance of Spurs coming in for him this summer. 

There are three weeks left in the transfer window - Spurs will have identified and spoken to the agent of their targets already. They would have made sure Aarons signed nothing if they were looking at him this summer. 

He wouldn’t have signed the contract if there was any chance of Spurs coming in for him this summer. 

There are three weeks left in the transfer window - Spurs will have identified and spoken to the agent of their targets already. They would have made sure Aarons signed nothing if they were looking at him this summer. 

Probably right but with Spurs spending power and attraction never say never!

Edited by Indy

Hope you’re right on that. Seems from what Sky are saying that this Trippier move has only materialised over the last week. Any ideas on who you think they would go for?