Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

45 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

I think based on the reports , Fährmann ist most definitely coming ... it's all Norwich City in the reports ... for example:

https://www.sport.de/news/ne3692389/fc-schalke-04-leihgeschaeft-im-gespraech-wechselt-faehrmann-nach-england/

Was gathering momentum due to him training separately from main squad and his wife's comments on Instagram. Some reports stating he is purely training separately due to a reoccurring groin injury. We'll see...

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Was gathering momentum due to him training separately from main squad and his wife's comments on Instagram. Some reports stating he is purely training separately due to a reoccurring groin injury. We'll see...

Doubt he’d be training separately due to an impending move. It doesn’t seem like he’s had a major falling out with the club. 

Don't mean to be too negative on our boy Rocky right off the bat - but during my 5 minute long reconnaissance mission to find out who he is, I found this video of him with the Belgian u21s team from last week and his efforts for the goals are a bit shaky.

Belgium U21s vs Italy U21s

5 minutes ago, Renskay said:

Don't mean to be too negative on our boy Rocky right off the bat - but during my 5 minute long reconnaissance mission to find out who he is, I found this video of him with the Belgian u21s team from last week and his efforts for the goals are a bit shaky.

Belgium U21s vs Italy U21s

Hmm... No hiding it. Yes he was! But it looks as though Belgium were under a lot of pressure for the majority of the match and, well, we haven't signed him for the first team.

However, great goal for Belgium by Verschaeren. Maybe we should get him!

• Like 1

He just seemed so out of position for all the goals.

Very odd.

The belgian goal was a banger for sure though.

If we do end up signing Fahrmann, his song's got to be a rework of David Bowie's Starman

"There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
Cause he knows it's all worthwhile"

44 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

If we do end up signing Fahrmann, his song's got to be a rework of David Bowie's Starman

I'm afraid that's taken by a player at right back at the moment !

8 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I'm afraid that's taken by a player at right back at the moment !

How the hell does that one go?

55 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I say we go a little bit more newschool and go with Weeknds starboy

"He's motherf***ing Fahrmann"

Edited by Redders Right Foot

9 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

See, told you Bethnal 😉

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

There's a star man

playing on the right

his name is Max-ey Aarons

And he's **** ing dynamite....

Always sung it as Maximillion.

Can see why some City fans would go with Max-ey though.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Always sung it as Maximillion.

Can see why some City fans would go with Max-ey though.

Yeah it's Maximillian! That's how it should go... I've seen loads of versions... haha!

Mind you, when 20 odd thousand are singing it you can't really hear the nuances.

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Mind you, when 20 odd thousand are singing it you can't really hear the nuances.

Are the nuances a new indie band ?

30 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Are the nuances a new indie band ?

If they were, I wouldn't bloody listen to them! Way too mainstream for me... 😉😉

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

If they were, I wouldn't bloody listen to them! Way too mainstream for me... 😉😉

We both know there's no need for those winky faces Lawro - you meant everything you said there.. Open *cough Letters *cough

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

If City go on a long bad run  this coming season maybe this should be sung by the fans. Should have been one of the great  football anthems in general. From the awesome and evergreen Todd Rundgren's Just One Victory.

Somehow, someday, we need just one victory and we're on our way,

Prayin for it all day and fighting for it all night, give us just one victory, it will be all right.

Looks like if it's going to happen it will be imminent and also a loan. That's probably about as good as it could get. Links up with the squad before Germany, gets a full pre season schedule, and if he has indeed started his decline we're not up sh**s creek without a paddle, financially speaking. Excited for this one.

Edited by Redders Right Foot

Can't imagine we'd sign a loan goalkeeper to play second fiddle. Which kind of begs the question - how would Krul react to being ousted between the sticks by a loan player? Presumably the club would have told him he's being demoted to No.2 before he signed a new contract last month... if not then I'd think he's going to be a bit put out.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Can't imagine we'd sign a loan goalkeeper to play second fiddle. Which kind of begs the question - how would Krul react to being ousted between the sticks by a loan player? Presumably the club would have told him he's being demoted to No.2 before he signed a new contract last month... if not then I'd think he's going to be a bit put out.

Signing a new contract increases his value Wolfo. If Fahrmann is a success and moves here permanently then we've got two very experienced keepers on our books, that's a good thing.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Signing a new contract increases his value Wolfo. If Fahrmann is a success and moves here permanently then we've got two very experienced keepers on our books, that's a good thing.

Three, if you count McGovern. All I'm saying is that I hope Krul was told before he signed his new contract that he's not going to be first choice, and signed it on that understanding.

Has this already been posted?   Apologies if so.

If you skip to the last 20 or so saves, he looks bloody good.  Really quick feet too, so can see why Farke would be after him.

Will certainly give Krul a run for his money.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Three, if you count McGovern. All I'm saying is that I hope Krul was told before he signed his new contract that he's not going to be first choice, and signed it on that understanding.

I hope he wasn't promised anything other than a good wage and an equal chance at the No1 shirt, i agree  that as a senior pro, he should have at least had a chat with DF about the future. If not, then yes it's not the best man management. I think , deep down all pros know they are guaranteed nowt.

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Why did give McGovern the new contract? 

Need three keepers and Oxborough will go out on loan, or could even be sold. Third choice is generally an experienced player who chips in with coaching. 

• Like 2