Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I agree with that, but I don't think it was necessarily Sessegnon's fault. I think a combination of the fact that Fulham were a bit of a mess and that he was hyped up to a level that he couldn't possibly achieve meant that he was viewed as a bit of a let down. His numbers were actually quite good, but it just seems that some people were expecting even more despite the fact he didn't even turn 19 until after the season finished.

That is all totally fair.

13 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Leitner's an interesting one. Pretty sure that before his injury he was statistically one of the very top players in the Championship

He was the top midfielder in terms of passing by a country mile. He'd completed over 85% of his passes and that was on a significant amount more pass attempts than any other player. I forget the specific stats and can't find them through a cursory google search, but he was unbelievable.

Interestingly through doing the cursory google search, I learned that Godfrey was our best passer this season with 89+% completion

Don't think they played together so they could form some unit at the back! Never thought we'd have a player more highly rated than Aarons and Buendia, but I think Godfrey is that man.

I see Schalke have signed a new goalkeeper, Markus Schubert. Should speed things up if there is any truth in the Fahrmann rumours. Especially with us playing schalke pre season, I suspect this might be our new GK competing for the jersey.

25 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I see Schalke have signed a new goalkeeper, Markus Schubert. Should speed things up if there is any truth in the Fahrmann rumours. Especially with us playing schalke pre season, I suspect this might be our new GK competing for the jersey.

Farhmann is on a three year deal and on wages over €30k a week. I can’t see how Norwich can do that deal - unless it is a loan. 

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Farhmann is on a three year deal and on wages over €30k a week. I can’t see how Norwich can do that deal - unless it is a loan. 

If we can't do a deal for another teams second choice (maybe third now) keeper then what deal can we do?

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I read his has one year left on his contract, but might be getting confused with Nubels contract *facepalm.

Edited by jaberry2

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That isn't really that much for us to take on if they want rid of him

30 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That's about 26 grand in pounds... I would wager that a few of our players are on that, or close to it, already

Edited by BobLoz3

It is more looking like a loan option at present rather than a perm. So Bethnal would be right

Totally agree with Lakey's thoughts, it really does not  matter to me if we are in the PL or Champs, the most over riding and important thing for this club was to find a way to survive and if possible thrive to, on a set up that is  mainly built on a self sustaining model. To do this is an era of English professional football where so many clubs are awash with rich owners who splash cash like its going out of fashion was and is, a massive undertaking and hugely ambitious.

To do that and still retain the clubs unique position it holds regarding its image of being what it is, and in such a quick timeframe has been incredible. City now have a set thats built mainly on bringing the young ones thru and playing attracting football and of course those young ones will move on for, hopefully, the finance to keep the club in good health. Of course we all wish and dream of doing well in the top league, holding our own against the big boys and the first game of the new season shows how far weve come in such a short time. Does not scare me if we get tonked, its just glorious to think of our team being able to take to the field against the high and mighty. Bring it on. OTBC.

• Like 2

In other news KV Oosetende confirming Rocky Bushiri leaving for Norwich with immediate effect

Edited by jaberry2

Note the ‘over’ in ‘over €30k a week’. I’ve seen figures as high as €55k. Schalke are a regular in the Champions League and have a reputation as one of the highest payers in Germany. Anyone who was given a contract as a first choice player is going to be on a serious wage.

The real issue would be the fact he has three years to go. Norwich have just given a keeper who is over 30 a long deal - so not sure they would want to do the same with another keeper. 

It’s an interesting one, I don’t think there is much to it personally. 

Just now, Jobsworth Canary said:

Are we only signing under 23s this year?

Clearly not. There seems to be a two pronged approach to our recruitment, quality youth team players bettering our Under 23's and pushing for first team places. Then the likes of Drmic adding quality to our first team XI. A lot more transfer business to come.

I see reports that Fahrmann has trained before the the rest of the Schalke first team today. Make of that what you will..

6 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Are we only signing under 23s this year?

To ensure that we smash Ipswich in the EFL Trophy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

To ensure that we smash Ipswich in the EFL Trophy.

😄 That’s the real twin-track objective... win the Prem & The Trophy (pride of Anglia. EFL would be a bonus )

32 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

In other news KV Oosetende confirming Rocky Bushiri leaving for Norwich with immediate effect

Now up on the official site.

Pinkun front page has Aidan Fitzpatrick coming down for a medical and to sign.

Looks like Buendia is going to be shortly signing an extended contract as well. As being reported in the Mirror

Apparently, with Fahrmann, his agent has been touting him to a lot of Premier League clubs as he has been told he is surplus to requirements at Schalke. 

Whether Norwich have specific interest in him or they are just one of the several clubs the agent has pitched the player to is unclear. 

The fact Schalke have gone so hard on getting him out so quickly is a bit of a red flag to me. 

His wife is now following Norwich City FC on instagram....its happening. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by jaberry2

18 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yep, I've just checked and this is true. 

She only follows 45 pages on Instagram which is hardly any, so it does make you wonder why she would follow Norwich City...

You guys talking about Fahrmann's wife? I can't see her on IG, I think she's called Nadine isn't she? Only one I can find has a private profile.

Oh! Hang on! Just did a search for her in NCFC followers and there she is... Hmmm... Sehr interessant!

Edited by BobLoz3

Seems the Fahrmann thing has picked up a lot in the last couple of days. 

If it is a loan deal, then surely he has to be coming in as the No.1 keeper. If he still has the ability he had only a season ago then it is a great deal for Norwich. 

23 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

You guys talking about Fahrmann's wife? I can't see her on IG, I think she's called Nadine isn't she? Only one I can find has a private profile.

Oh! Hang on! Just did a search for her in NCFC followers and there she is... Hmmm... Sehr interessant!

Yes - her twitter handle is nadl_faehr. Although her account is private someone screenshot the following: folgt jetzt norwichcityfc in relation to her husband. Which roughly translates as follow now norwich city fc, in response to a fan of Schalke. Appears word may of got back to about not fueling speculation, as she is now not following NCFC. This is a quite a follow to keep up!

23 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Edited by jaberry2

Latest announcement from the club re Squad numbers.  They mean nothing these days (Lewis has 12, Emi is 17, Pukki is 22), but 3 and 9 are notably vacant (as are 21, 24, 26 and many more).  Was Oliveira 9 last year?  And Husband 3?

33 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Latest announcement from the club re Squad numbers.  They mean nothing these days (Lewis has 12, Emi is 17, Pukki is 22), but 3 and 9 are notably vacant (as are 21, 24, 26 and many more).  Was Oliveira 9 last year?  And Husband 3?

Yes I think they were, mate!