Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

I didn't read it that way, it seemed like he got injured, his replacement came in and did really well and he couldn't get back in the Team. If his form has dropped off we'd be taking a risk. 

7 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I didn't read it that way, it seemed like he got injured, his replacement came in and did really well and he couldn't get back in the Team. If his form has dropped off we'd be taking a risk. 

If he was injured, and that was the original reason for him coming out of the starting XI - I'd be a little bit more concerned than just a dip in form. But either way, in webber and Farke I trust. I can't see us getting Fahrmann, but I think that's the negative side of my brain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Fahrmann was dropped before picking up an injury.

The keeper who overtook him is Alexander Nübel, who is regarded a bit of a wonder kid in Germany and is the current U21 keeper. Farhmann got back into the team to cover when Nübel was suspended after being sent off, but lost his place again as sook as the suspension was over. 

So a very typical signing for the Webberlution. An undoubted talent who has slightly lost their way for whom a fresh start might just bring about their best form. It is a yes from me. Certainly Krul needs some competition as I really am not sure that he is quite good enough at this level anymore. Though he deserves his chance and could prove me wrong. 

2 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Is there any mention of the potential fee of  Fahrmann? 

No, I think it is very early days on this. It seems Norwich are exploring whether he’d even be interested in coming.

I would guess the fee would be small, because Farhmann has quite a long (2022) and quite an expensive (€35k - €45k a week) deal at Shalke, which will be the major issue if Norwich do try to sign him.

It could be that Norwich are only interested in a loan deal for a season as Farhmann’s contract is a big problem. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Is there any mention of the potential fee of  Fahrmann? 

No, I think it is very early days on this. It seems Norwich are exploring whether he’d even be interested in coming.

I would guess the fee would be small, because Farhmann has quite a long (2022) and quite an expensive (€35k - €45k a week) deal at Shalke, which will be the major issue if Norwich do try to sign him.

It could be that Norwich are only interested in a loan deal for a season as Farhmann’s contract is a big problem. 

Just in case others have missed these bits of news (like I did) previous supposed targets Will Vaulks has joined Cardiff for £2.5m and Nick Powell has gone to Stoke on a free.

Looks like someone’s already been messing with Wiki!

2488848C-7819-465E-AA05-96710F535D5B.png

Don’t know a huge amount about him but it is good sense to still be linked with players - we do need options up front, I’m not sure that two main guys + Srbeny will cut it.

Edited by Branston Pickle

8 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Rocky Bushiri sounds like a Japanese wrestler.

19 years old Belgian centre back

Another one for the future?

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

Another one for the future?

Sounds that way, Splendid. As we’ve seen, most of the rumours amount to nothing of course, but some may still come through the door. It’s good to see the calibre of youngsters we’re trying to sign now, I do like Webber and Farke’s visions for the future here. 

Personally, i’d be very surprised if there’s any truth in a starting bid of £6mil for the Preston lad. Sounds a lot and not really in line with how we’ve gone about our recruitment thus far. Is he really that good? Don’t remember his name being mentioned much last season, but perhaps I was too wrapped up in our exploits to notice him.

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

Che Adams to Soton for £16 million!! Was he that good?

I’m not sure he’ll translate to Prem quality, sure he found the net regularly, but I’m not sure he has the best control and technique to step up with the same level of success - I guess we’ll see though!

The Preston lad sounds like just rumours set up by a fishing agent. 

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

Perhaps, but that's just a punt for Southampton. 

On 29/06/2019 at 02:17, SwindonCanary said:

SkySportsnews  reporting we've made a £6 million bid for Preston's Callum Robinson. Why another striker ?

Someone has been busy with Photoshop

Edited by Surfer

4 hours ago, Herman said:

My God! I didn't think he was that special. Certainly not as good as the Swansea lad who caused us so many problems 

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My God! I didn't think he was that special. Certainly not as good as the Swansea lad who caused us so many problems 

Hmmm - all about opinions I know, but Daniel James had a couple of good chances which he (thankfully) missed - Che Adams had one half chance and scored. 

Wonder where Villa are finding all this money, paying £14m-17m to Southampton for left back Matt Targett, which is funding the Che Adams purchase.

Tbh, I thought Che Adams would have been the nearest to a Pukki type player, that the Championship could offer. He works hard, and has an eye for a goal. 

£16M? I think that's about right 

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I haven't even opened the article, but I see Emre Mor's name in the link. Given that attitude problems have allegedly followed him everywhere he has gone, I'd imagine this one would be unlikely...

I could actually see this one potentially  happening.

Farke and Webber sure like a challenge in termS of signing floundering players and bringing the best out of them. Signing Mor would be a different type of challenge (mental rather than footballing ability) but wow, if they could get him settled and working for the team, he’d be a superstar. 

Edited by CanaryNath

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Top talent clearly, but you only have to read the article to see this one’s highly unlikely...

http://carrowroad.net/index.php?post=transfer-rumour-norwich-linked-to-turkish-winger-emre-mor

Mor is amazing. Such a gifted player, one of the most exciting I’ve ever seen - up there with any player when it comes to dribbling and beating a man one on one, or often one on two or three as teams often have to commit several players to stop him. 

Unfortunately he is at risk of wasting that talent if he doesn’t start applying himself professionally. Falling out with Tuchel isn’t the worst thing in the world as he can start an argument in an empty room - but the issues at Celta are a big worry. His signing was a coup for them and they wouldn’t give up on him lightly. 

This could be the wake up call he needs, like Marcus Edwards seems to have had with his move to Holland. 

Ultimately I place the chances of this rumour coming true to be about 0%. Any rumour where all three promoted clubs are mentioned are generally nonsense. Norwich don’t need me another left footed attacker now that Roberts has been signed and even with the problems Mor has had, he’d still be able to command high wages. 

I don’t take the reported discipline issues as being the reason why this wouldn’t happen though. Buendia was regarded as a difficult character in Spain so Norwich are prepared to take that risk if they feel the player is talented enough - which Mor certainly is. 

• Like 1

Emre Mor is a ridiculously talented player but one whose career has suffered somewhat based on attitude problems (some of which is attributed to his upbringing and an agent who was a terrible influence on him in this way).

On form and with the right mindset he could easily play for almost any club in the modern game, but it would represent a large outlay in wages as BYG says, AND if he doesn't fit into the Farke mentality, it would be horribly disruptive.

I also can't see it happening (I actually think he's too good for us, as awful as that sounds), and I'm not sure if our coaching team would be willing to take the risk even if he was interested and it was financially viable, despite his undoubted top level ability.

Though looking on Instagram, he has just been on holiday in Ibiza at the same time as trybull. Coincidence?

Yes, yes it is.

• Haha 1