Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I thought Matthews was already a Bolton player, there's talk on TWTD  that he might replace Bart ...... if he ever leaves. 

I saw someone saying that remi to Ipswich thing was definitely happening because one of the posters was on the same plane to Stansted as him...from Cyprus...

13 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I saw someone saying that remi to Ipswich thing was definitely happening because one of the posters was on the same plane to Stansted as him...from Cyprus...

Is there an Ipswich in Cyprus?

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is there an Ipswich in Cyprus?

The plane was to Stansted, from Cyprus, but as Stansted is the nearest airport to Ipswich (apart from the nearer ones) it meant he was signing for them that day...

Tried to find some videos of Luca Connell, to see how combative he is.

I see he has spoken fondly of Celtic and his interest of going to the SPFL, but wonder how far off he would be challenging TT for that starting berth.

We know farke would offer a route if he showed his abilities. Really interesting tussle, if reports are true, with Boro and Celtic.

Robbie Keane at Boro has the inside track and it follows what woodgate mentioned in his press conference about signing young talents and working with them.

It is the position I think we all want filled, for me it is that type of position that if we stay up then whoever is there is likely to be in the top 2 of POS.

Can still see Filip Krovinovic coming in on loan as competition for Marco Stiepermann. Abola confirming he is on his way to England...

I see Raggett has gone out on loan as well to Pompey. A good move for all parties. Hopefully he has a good season and raises his profile / value.

33 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I see Raggett has gone out on loan as well to Pompey. A good move for all parties. Hopefully he has a good season and raises his profile / value.

Yes let’s hope so, he’s 25 now I think, injured  last season, if he is going to become what presumably we had hoped for he needs a really good effective season under his belt.

• Like 2

Just now, Van wink said:

Yes let’s hope so, he’s 25 now I think, injured  last season, if he is going to become what presumably we had hoped for he needs a really good effective season under his belt.

He's an old school type of defender. I cant see him ever having any future at Norwich. IMO the best we can hope for is for him to have a good season and try make some money on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Can still see Filip Krovinovic coming in on loan as competition for Marco Stiepermann. Abola confirming he is on his way to England...

Totally agree, we need that number 10 to push Marco.

It is that DM and number 10 where I can see a need for an upgrade or someone certainly to challenge. I love Marco but last year was his break out in regard to numbers, he has the link up play with Pukki but there are better out there and in the EPL you need to push.

For me get these two positions and cover for RB and GK and we are well on the way to having a competent squad.

I see the reports on Connell are for a u23 position, I just wonder if he could be pushing TT. It is a big ask but if he came in on a first team contract he could we'll push him for that starting berth. Yes I would rather a stronger and possibly maturer prospect with game time for a few years. But if he is as good as is reported he could well be an option if we are to invest cleverly this window.

Norwich trying to sign Shalke’s keeper and captain Ralf Fahrmann according to reports in Germany. 

Fahrmann is current in England on promotional work but might meet with Norwich while over. He started first choice last season but dropped to the bench after some poor form. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich trying to sign Shalke’s keeper and captain Ralf Fahrmann according to reports in Germany. 

Fahrmann is current in England on promotional work but might meet with Norwich while over. He started first choice last season but dropped to the bench after some poor form. 

Just seen this. Would be a much needed improvement on Krul. Good character and good keeper who has been often compared to Leno

18 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Just seen this. Would be a much needed improvement on Krul. Good character and good keeper who has been often compared to Leno

Question marks over if his dip in form is a temporary thing, or whether he has suffered a big loss of ability.

Keepers can suddenly fall off a cliff in terms of ability and Norwich don’t want to be picking up one if that has happened. 

He’d certainly not be interested in coming to be Krul’s back up and if Norwich are even having talks with him it suggests they may be looking for someone who is more than just back up. 

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Question marks over if his dip in form is a temporary thing, or whether he has suffered a big loss of ability.

Keepers can suddenly fall off a cliff in terms of ability and Norwich don’t want to be picking up one if that has happened. 

He’d certainly not be interested in coming to be Krul’s back up and if Norwich are even having talks with him it suggests they may be looking for someone who is more than just back up. 

If there is a possibility here this could really raise our defensive group and Bethnal totally agree, 100% starting over Krul.

Well, it would be a good signing , but I am quite confident that Krul will start as our number one in August... I agree with Bethnal that we shouldn't be picking up on him if his ability has suffered considerably... 

I just don't agree with the 100% starting over Krul bit , you'd be surprised ...

Interesting that lots of people saying they see us in for a number 10 to challenge Stiepermann and that may well be right but am I the only one who thinks long term that might be Buendia's best role for us. Most of the things he makes happen tend to be when he drops more centrally. I know that to a degree he creates that space by coming in off the flank but long term I've always seen a potential role for him playing more centrally with two quicker wingers out wide. 

• Like 2

PS a number ten or any more attacking players would not be my main priority anyway. We are good enough going forward to create and score at this level (although I worry it may be a step too far for Onel if he can't improve his shooting/final ball). Its defensively that we need to improve. I am pleased to see rumours of another keeper as well. 

James Nursey @JamesNursey 2h2 hours ago

New Schalke boss David Wagner is planning a £12million raid on Cardiff for winger Josh Murphy

Meanwhile.......

"Norwich City are interested in signing Schalke goalkeeper Ralf Fahrmann according to reports."

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-transfer-latest-schalke-goalkeeper-fahrmann-1-6129641

Interesting Re. Sean Raggett's wages......

@DMAC102 - Raggett to Pompey on loan - a v.good player at this level, who would have got a good pay rise @ Norwich when they went up to the Prem. An established player rather than a youngster - how much % of wages wise do you think that's costing Pompey?

Darragh MacAnthony Retweeted Jamie Jones

To be fair, his wages were releastic. We had option to sign him permanently late last week when Kent deal in danger cause of champ. Like him a lot, lack of game time because of previous injury was a worry but when fully fit - One of top top CBS in L1 for sure this season.

12 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Interesting Re. Sean Raggett's wages......

@DMAC102 - Raggett to Pompey on loan - a v.good player at this level, who would have got a good pay rise @ Norwich when they went up to the Prem. An established player rather than a youngster - how much % of wages wise do you think that's costing Pompey?

Darragh MacAnthony Retweeted Jamie Jones

To be fair, his wages were releastic. We had option to sign him permanently late last week when Kent deal in danger cause of champ. Like him a lot, lack of game time because of previous injury was a worry but when fully fit - One of top top CBS in L1 for sure this season.

I'm probably wrong - but isn't the big issue with vrancic's current contract the fact that he didn't feature enough last season so he either got a smaller/non existent pay raise for promotion? I can't see Raggets case being any different.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Interesting that lots of people saying they see us in for a number 10 to challenge Stiepermann and that may well be right but am I the only one who thinks long term that might be Buendia's best role for us. Most of the things he makes happen tend to be when he drops more centrally. I know that to a degree he creates that space by coming in off the flank but long term I've always seen a potential role for him playing more centrally with two quicker wingers out wide. 

Definitely not the only one - I've had the thought of if the three of Patrick, Argos, and buendia are all in good form - the best remedy is playing all three of them at once with Emi in the middle. 

Which would leave another winger as a priority for me - even if we dont have Emi in the middle, we are one wide injury away from having no natural wingers on the bench (love Cantwell, but he is best centrally for me. And maybe out on loan)

4 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think as Norwich fans we've all witnessed goalies just losing it. Although it has more of a tendency to be injury related. 

Still, I cant help myself but get really excited about the prospect of signing Fahrmann. I hadn't seen much of him this season, or the bundesliga for that matter, but in the past I've always felt he's one of the best in that league.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Interesting that lots of people saying they see us in for a number 10 to challenge Stiepermann and that may well be right but am I the only one who thinks long term that might be Buendia's best role for us

Thing is, if Krul needs to go long then Steipermann has the height to challenge for the ball which I think is one reason why he played so much last season. I know it’s not all about size, well, that’s what I keep telling the wife, but we have a small squad at the moment.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thing is, if Krul needs to go long then Steipermann has the height to challenge for the ball which I think is one reason why he played so much last season. I know it’s not all about size, well, that’s what I keep telling the wife, but we have a small squad at the moment.

Agreed, we are likely to need someone who can hold up the ball when it is kicked long by Krul when under pressure. The home game v Swansea was a good example of this - it took a long time for us to figure out how to play against their high pressing game and we won’t have the ball as often next season.

I don't think we have competition in the number 10 position and there will be games when we need more technical ability in that position rather than Marco. I am sure he will do well in the league but he will need to improve and needs competition to push him.

Our back five will be under pressure and you need outlets that can move the ball into the other third. Marco can do it but at times we will need another player and so I think a number 10 is needed.

So I would very much welcome Krovinovic on loan.

9 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

"Question marks over if his dip in form is a temporary thing, or whether he has suffered a big loss of ability"

I don't want to come across as a one of the negative lot...BUT...that sounds familiar. 🙊