Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Good stuff. 

Pleased with that and fills a Jordan shaped hole. Along with Roberts that's a couple of good signings.

What other positions do we need to fill? I'm thinking not too many. Competition/cover for right back and goalkeeper and a DM good enough to start. Add a few promising youngsters keen to force their way into the team maybe. That's not too many left to find before we get to the end of June.

anyone think we need much more?

Edited by Hairy Canary

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

So one of these rumours has at last finally come true!

it's still June Mosso, calm yourself.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I have to question that. Pukki was a gem of a player at Brondby known for his brilliant one touch finishes. He had done well at Schalke and it was only at Celtic that he struggled - yet still scored 7 goals in 26 matches there too.  Brondby wanted him to stay too. I remember looking at this when he came to us and thinking wow, what a player.  So he was pretty special already! 🙃

Fair point, to be honest I was thinking more of his Celtic time. The point is, Norwich can become a club renowned for bringing on relative unknowns and bringing them on to their full potential.

Fingers crossed for Drmic, that he's got over his injuries, still need another striker imo, unless we're happy with Dennis. So, front line DM, back up RB and someone to challenge Krul and if I'm being greedy, a 10 to keep Marco on his toes. Job's a good 'un.

15 hours ago, Badger said:

I don't know much about European football but this looks quite good to me.

Anybody know more about him?

You've probably seen a bit more about him now but, decent player in my opinion.

His last two seasons have been ravaged by injuries, which is mildly concerning, but he's clearly passed a medical so all good there. Had his most prolific season at Nurnberg, scoring 17 goals. Has a bit of pace about him, likes to run on to through balls and finish quickly and accurately (a bit like Pukki really!) Also seems to have very good feet. The vids of him at Nurnberg show some outrageous skills! I'm quite pleased about his signing. Good back-up to Teemu.

• Like 1

A few articles circulating around twitter stating that Vrancic's new contract is just days away from being signed. Be nice to have him on an extended contract. Good news if accurate.

Mair signed now too... For the U23's admittedly but he's quite highly rated.

Apparently still waiting on Fitzpatrick. That deal is stalling. But that's another who, although was starting at Partick Thistle, will likely be in U23's too.

Highly rated young GK , so good signing that! next week will see another signing coming through the gates I hope...

L’Equip reporting that Norwich and Villa are looking at Édouard Mendy from Reims.

Very good keeper - better than Krul in my opinion. Reims have recently brought in Predrag Rajkovic so Mendy is likely looking for a new club, many expected him to go Rennes as they are selling their keeper to Porto. 

One to keep an eye on certainly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

L’Equip reporting that Norwich and Villa are looking at Édouard Mendy from Reims.

Very good keeper - better than Krul in my opinion. Reims have recently brought in Predrag Rajkovic so Mendy is likely looking for a new club, many expected him to go Rennes as they are selling their keeper to Porto. 

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-norwich-concretely-manifested-ligue-1-goalkeeper/

I would have thought that if Villa are even remotely interested, that would count us out, on the other hand, if they blow their budget, we might still get Kalvin Phillips 🙏

15 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Don't think he's a better goalkeeper than Krul yet... you will be surprised imo . He looks good in Ligue Un , but that is not the PL ... still has a lot to prove. But he would be one hell of a signing! That would keep Krul on his toes...

3 hours ago, ROBFLECK said:

Don't think he's a better goalkeeper than Krul yet... you will be surprised imo . He looks good in Ligue Un , but that is not the PL ... still has a lot to prove. But he would be one hell of a signing! That would keep Krul on his toes...

I have always thought goalkeeper was the one position where you could tell if someone could step up a grade or several.

20 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bethnal, I wonder if you'd know or have a view about this? Reims bought the highly rated Rajkovic for £2.25m and are apparently now looking to move Mendy on for £8m+...so this begs the (my) question, why didn't we take a look at Rajkovic in the first place? He's hardly unknown and if we're looking at that kind on money then why not save 70% of it? Is it the experience angle? 

15 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Bethnal, I wonder if you'd know or have a view about this? Reims bought the highly rated Rajkovic for £2.25m and are apparently now looking to move Mendy on for £8m+...so this begs the (my) question, why didn't we take a look at Rajkovic in the first place? He's hardly unknown and if we're looking at that kind on money then why not save 70% of it? Is it the experience angle? 

If Rajkovic was only £2.25m, then I echo those sentiments. What I said earlier about going for Rajkovic based on Football Manager was partly in jest, but from what I know about him in real life, Rajkovic at £2.25m is a bit of a bargain in this market. One thing I can think of is that maybe he hasn't quite played enough games for Serbia to obtain a work permit.

Rajkovic isn’t as good in real life as his Football Manager counterpart. Clubs have looked at him repetitively and all decided against him. Partly due to him being in a league where it is very hard to really determine his quality. But also he is being kept out of the Serbia team by a not particularly good keeper in Dmitrovic.

I think many will be interested to see how he does in a good league now that he’s at Reims. 

• Like 1

Looks like Wan-Bissaka is headed to Man U for a slightly bonkers £50m (45m upfront)...makes you wonder if Palace might start sniffing around young Max.

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Rajkovic isn’t as good in real life as his Football Manager counterpart. Clubs have looked at him repetitively and all decided against him. Partly due to him being in a league where it is very hard to really determine his quality. But also he is being kept out of the Serbia team by a not particularly good keeper in Dmitrovic.

I think many will be interested to see how he does in a good league now that he’s at Reims. 

Fair enough- I've never seen him play in real life but I've been following his career a little bit since I had him on FM and both his CV (trophies won at both club and international level as a number one) and his stats (games played and goals conceded) look highly impressive.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

20 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Looks like Wan-Bissaka is headed to Man U for a slightly bonkers £50m (45m upfront)...makes you wonder if Palace might start sniffing around young Max.

This is like deja by all over again.

24 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Fair enough- I've never seen him play in real life but I've been following his career a little bit since I had him on FM and both his CV (trophies won at both club and international level as a number one) and his stats (games played and goals conceded) look highly impressive.

If he has a good season at Reims I’m sure clubs will come in for him. I can’t help but think 4 years in Israel was a pretty poor choice by him in terms of development. 

28 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can’t see it personally. They’d have to pay Norwich the majority of the AWB money and i don’t think Palace would be a big enough pull for Aarons to make him kick off and force a transfer. Palace should try and hijack Leicester’s move for James Justin. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'm with you on the "4 years in Israel", a daft move indeed. I've not played Football manager since a waste weekend in 2005 so I'm clueless on that one but maybe the reports and talk I heard on him was from said FM fans confusing fiction with fact. 😄

👍

11 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

I'm with you on the "4 years in Israel", a daft move indeed. I've not played Football manager since a waste weekend in 2005 so I'm clueless on that one but maybe the reports and talk I heard on him was from said FM fans confusing fiction with fact. 😄

👍

Going to Israel hasn't helped him in the short term, but who knows, maybe four years as a starter and winning titles will help him in the long run.

As for him being over-rated because of FM, I think it's more likely the other way round. FM probably over-rated him based on the trophies he won as a teenager (Under-19 Euros, Under-20 World Cup, Serbian Superleague) as a number one.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Going to Israel hasn't helped him in the short term, but who knows, maybe four years as a starter and winning titles will help him in the long run.

As for him being over-rated because of FM, I think it's more likely the other way round. FM probably over-rated him based on the trophies he won as a teenager (Under-19 Euros, Under-20 World Cup, Serbian Superleague) as a number one.

He was certainly a great potential and could still be a great keeper. 

Ironically he would have won more had he stayed at Red Star Belgrade. He only won the league once in Israel. 

I think many were confused by his initial move to Tel Aviv and increasingly confused the longer he stayed there. 

The move to France is a big chance for him, do well there and he should become Serbian No.1 and increase his chances of getting the big move many thought he’d get after his break out performances 5 years ago. 

So are we still after Luca Connell, with Remi Matthews thrown in to the deal? 🙂

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

So are we still after Luca Connell, with Remi Matthews thrown in to the deal? 🙂

I thought Matthews was already a Bolton player, there's talk on TWTD  that he might replace Bart ...... if he ever leaves.