Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Read the articles, Bethnal - there’s cautious, which is fine, and there’s plain wrong. If you’re going to state that no discussions have taken place, it ought to be correct.

It may be that he never came down, but now the quotes are how welcome he was made to feel (and liked the pitch, which is an odd one).  That doesn’t fit. 

Maybe no discussion had taken place at time of publication? Turnbull could have come to Norwich in Thursday - doesn’t seem that far fetched. 

It’s pretty clear that the PinkUn get most of their information directly from the club. It means they have the club’s spin, but they are usually accurate. 

That’s not right, though - the Weds afternoon article was updated Thursday but still shows no knowledge of any discussions; if you can’t see it that’s a bit odd in itself, spin or no spin.

Just to add, I’m fully au fait with Press and PR workings, having close links with such things - if in a completely different field. 

Ultimately I don’t really care that much - nor about NCFC missing out on the guy -  but do feel there are some holes in the reporting here.

Edited by Branston Pickle

On 19/06/2019 at 12:35, PurpleCanary said:

I am beyond underwhelmed. Patrick Roberts, Daniel Adshead, David Turnbull, Charlie Gilmour? These are all very boring names. Ditto Vincent Thill. What is the point of signing a Luxembourger if they don't have a suitably weird moniker?

And ditto Josip Drmic. Totally commonplace and almost pronounceable by Swiss-Croatian standards. Pretty much the same with Marvin Bakalorz, although anything with a "z" in it has a touch of the exotic.

I got briefly excited when it looked as if we might sign our first ever double-barrelled player, but it seems Alexis Claude-Maurice is off to Arsenal.

The sooner the commercial department has a serious word with Webber about the need to boost shirt sales the better.  All this emphasis on prioritising players purely on their football ability is missing a vital point.

Glad to see Webber took immediate notice of my complaint and dumped the move for the boringly-named David Turnbull. It is no coincidence we are now being linked with the at least semi-exotic Filip Krovinovic.

Seems I spoke too soon. Too very plain names incoming in Aidan Fitzpatrick and Archie Mair, and the very unmemorable Drmic.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Wonder canary said:

He was very very ugly he would have been our very own Terry Hurlock 

Anyone slagging off others based on their looks should have to accompany it with a picture of themselves

George Clooney

• Like 1

Credit to David Freezer for, I presume, running through this thread and adding up all our rumoured targets! Apparently over 50 now, and by the end of this window it makes me wonder what the final figure will be - I honestly didn’t realise how many players get rumoured each summer transfer window! The Croat lad sounds interesting, but is it particularly an area we need to strengthen? I’m not so sure...

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Glad to see Webber took immediate notice of my complaint and dumped the move for the boringly-named David Turnbull. It is no coincidence we are now being linked with the at least semi-exotic Filip Krovinovic.

Perhaps with myself setting down the important parameters for our transfer dealings and with just one letter from LDC singlehandedly forcing a backtrack on ticketing policy the penny will finally drop  that Webber et al are just window-dressing figureheads and that real power is exercised by a shadowy cabal of pink 'un posters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Perhaps with myself setting down the important parameters for our transfer dealings and with just one letter from LDC singlehandedly forcing a backtrack on ticketing policy the penny will finally drop  that Webber et al are just window-dressing figureheads and that real power is exercised by a shadowy cabal of pink 'un posters.

Oh no - I foresee a barrage of posts droning on about the 'inner circle'. A Pink un message board conspiracy theory that I thought was mercifully deceased. 

10 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Run a mile, bang average, certainly no better than we've got already.... It's a no from me. 

And what would you know!

Pukki was nothing special, look what they did for him! What we want are rough, uncut diamonds so it doesn't break the bank and then coaching staff can work their magic.

IT'S NOT WHAT THEY ARE NOW, IT'S WHAT THEY CAN BECOME!

Oops did I just shout that? 😊

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

Pukki was nothing special, look what they did for him!

I have to question that. Pukki was a gem of a player at Brondby known for his brilliant one touch finishes. He had done well at Schalke and it was only at Celtic that he struggled - yet still scored 7 goals in 26 matches there too.  Brondby wanted him to stay too. I remember looking at this when he came to us and thinking wow, what a player.  So he was pretty special already! 🙃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Prepare to be underwhelmed(at first)...but prepare to be positively surprised too, I would say!!! 

Edited by ROBFLECK
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Looks like Marcel Franke’s gone, staying in Germany (presumably for a smallish fee).

How will we cope! It's all falling apart!

You can't win them all....doesn't detract from the generally outstanding job the recruitment team has done recently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

You can't win them all....doesn't detract from the generally outstanding job the recruitment team has done recently.

Absolutely, look at the huge improvement in Zimmermann, fantastic signing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I have to question that. Pukki was a gem of a player at Brondby known for his brilliant one touch finishes. He had done well at Schalke and it was only at Celtic that he struggled - yet still scored 7 goals in 26 matches there too.  Brondby wanted him to stay too. I remember looking at this when he came to us and thinking wow, what a player.  So he was pretty special already! 🙃

Lakey, thank you for this, I’d not seen it, and all I can say is WOW!

I don’t care what anyone says, Teemu for me is definitely one of the best strikers in Europe. His poise, calmness, technique, in front of goal is absolutely top drawer... how the hell did we get the best striker in our history on a free?!?!? That should not be able to happen in 2019!

He will be one of the highest scorers in the Premier League this coming season, I’m absolutely certain of that.

I don’t recall too many people saying such good things about Teemu when he signed, including some Celtic fans calling him a dud signing.  That said, some of us definitely said he should be given a chance - which he then repaid plenty of times over!

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t recall too many people saying such good things about Teemu when he signed, including some Celtic fans calling him a dud signing.  That said, some of us definitely said he should be given a chance - which he then repaid plenty of times over!

Personally, I’d never heard of him before we signed him, Branston, so had no opinion of him either way. Certainly heard of him now though!

3 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Drmic signs...!

Yep, just got that on the club WhatsApp. Three-year contract, 26 years old. Switzerland international striker, 32 caps/10 goals.

I don't know much about European football but this looks quite good to me.

Anybody know more about him?