Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

What coffee should I be smelling? 

I always find a Columbian brew the best - not so harsh on the throat, but stimulating enough to want to pursue other rumours.  🙂 

Also, the Sun have Norwich linked to Nuno da Costa. A Cape Verde international who plays for Strasbourg in Ligue 1. 

Can play out wide or as a striker, very quick and always puts in a shift. For £5m he’d be a very good back up option to Pukki as well as someone who could offer something different out wide. 

His record of 8 in 34 isn't brilliant. We will find goals harder to come by next season. I think Pukki will finish if he gets the service. I think that is the key question. 

•  

If he can play out wide or as a striker he ticks several boxes, which may actually make our interest in him a little bit more likely.  Just looking at stats for a player often doesn’t show the true picture as, for a ‘utility’ player, you don’t know which role they were playing in the side. If we go for/get a player in, we can trust that SW/DF will have done their homework on them.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Also, the Sun have Norwich linked to Nuno da Costa. A Cape Verde international who plays for Strasbourg in Ligue 1. 

Can play out wide or as a striker, very quick and always puts in a shift. For £5m he’d be a very good back up option to Pukki as well as someone who could offer something different out wide. 

His record of 8 in 34 isn't brilliant. We will find goals harder to come by next season. I think Pukki will finish if he gets the service. I think that is the key question. 

•  

Some other players who came from overseas and played for us recently have had their best ever seasons in terms of assists and goals. So, although his record is what it is, doesn't mean that it will stay that way forever! Farke gets the best out of his players... Why not have a look? He has played on the wing and as a second striker quite a lot so not an out and outer which is what Farke likes... Adaptability!

A new 5 year contract for Ben Godfrey incoming. Another bit of good news on existing player contracts if true.

18 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

A new 5 year contract for Ben Godfrey incoming. Another bit of good news on existing player contracts if true.

That would be great news, hope you're right. Although he signed an extension until 2022 last summer, I'd imagine his stock has risen so much in the last 12 months he'll be after a substantial raise to stay here.

Being reported on SSN, due to potential interest from other teams. Your right in what you say re: his extension

Edited by jaberry2

Did I see the Luxembourg number 10 is flattered by our interest. Just hope we can see some signed new players soon!

55 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

What coffee should I be smelling? 

I believe it's a bad pun on Costa coffee (Nuno da Costa).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smooth said:

Did I see the Luxembourg number 10 is flattered by our interest. Just hope we can see some signed new players soon!

I'd be Thilled if we pull that one off.

20 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Thanks Ice Cream. Note to self don't try and be funny when Bethnal is in town. 😀

I'll get me coat. 

32 minutes ago, smooth said:

Yes, apparently he is 'very keen' on a move to Norwich according to reports.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Thanks - I couldn't work this out and was a bit confused?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Funnily enough, "Nuno da" in Portuguese means "none of"

None of Costa (Coffee). So, the joke didn't work at all really but good effort to the poster... I guess? 😉

19 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

None of Costa (Coffee). So, the joke didn't work at all really but good effort to the poster... I guess? 😉

I knew that 😂...lets hope we don't sign Sammy Starbucks or Pierre Pret-a-Manger anytime soon. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Apparently, Ricky van Wolfwinkel's nickname in Portugal was 'Nuno da Goalo!' 

• Haha 2

Ex Arsenal youngster apparently on his way as well. Charlie Gilmour released by Arsenal. Assuming he will be part of the under 23 set up for the time being. Defensive Midfielder

Edited by jaberry2

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Depends on the nature of any exit clause 

talking of Costas, I see Leeds are heavily linked with Helder Costa from Wolves. We could do a lot worse than to gazump that deal...

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

Ex Arsenal youngster apparently on his way as well. Charlie Gilmour released by Arsenal. Assuming he will be part of the under 23 set up for the time being

he already got some games for Arsenal in the Europa league so I would suspect he sees himself at least on the fringes of the first team. What position is he?

34 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

He's a free agent now. Plays DM

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlie-gilmour-set-norwich-rangers-16531394

Apparently begged Rangers to sign him as he's a mad-keen fan... but now set to join us it seems. Good pedigree if he came through the Arsenal academy, presume that either him or Thompson (or maybe both) would go straight out on loan though.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Gilmour gets a decent write-up, many surprised that Arsenal released him - that he was there means he’s had some of the best schooling.

I give you Ignasi Miquel! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I give you Ignasi Miquel! 

I'm going to have nightmares tonight now 😛

Along with loaning Jos Hooiveld, I'm wondering who was responsible for our recruitment that summer.