Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

We can only hope!

Although I've always been of the mindset that this bunch of players, who helped us achieve so much and probably also superseded even their own expectations, would want to repay the faith shown in them by Farke et al by staying with us for our tilt at the Premier League.

Would be so silly to break up this team of wonderful players at this point. We don't need to so... NEXT!

I think we can quite easily pitch to him that even if we go back down he'll still be able to get a move to a Palace level team next season. It would be different if a Spurs or Chelsea type team came in for him but I don't see that happening this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I agree that he isn't worth £40m, but is Wan-Bissaka worth £60m?

I remember Newcastle demanding- and receiving- £35m for Andy Carroll from Liverpool based solely on the fact that Liverpool had just sold Torres for £50m.

We could do the same with Palace. If they can squeeze £60m out of Man Utd for Wan-Bissaka, then we can ask for at least £30m, possibly £35m, up to even £40m. We could justifiably point out that if that's the market now, then that's Aarons' value.

Exactly. 

If they sell Wan Bissaka for £60m they've essentially set the market for fullbacks and we'd be well within our rights to ask for over £30m for him.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Latest one linked... Jay Rodriguez.

Saw this on Read Norwich earlier, Pink 'Un now reporting it.

Was at the West Brom away game - he was the best player on the pitch that day.

Very good touch and excellent hold up play. He'd offer something different from what we have, so it would be a yes from me if the terms were right.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Was at the West Brom away game - he was the best player on the pitch that day.

Very good touch and excellent hold up play. He'd offer something different from what we have, so it would be a yes from me if the terms were right.

I really like Rodriguez as well but apparently his wages are around £70k.

If he was a couple of years younger I’d say it is worth using the money saved in the low fee to put towards his wages, but at his age selling him on should Norwich go down would be tricky. Would most likely end up in loan deals with Norwich still paying most of his wages. 

38 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I really like Rodriguez as well but apparently his wages are around £70k.

If he was a couple of years younger I’d say it is worth using the money saved in the low fee to put towards his wages, but at his age selling him on should Norwich go down would be tricky. Would most likely end up in loan deals with Norwich still paying most of his wages. 

Yep, I like him as a player and it would be a definite yes if the price were right...but at 70k and 29 years old... I can't see it happening, especially after what Webber said in the interview...

Edited by ROBFLECK

Skysports now stating that Man U are potentially interested in Aarons if they fail with their pursuit of Wan-Bissaka. Could be one to watch this...

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

Skysports now stating that Man U are potentially interested in Aarons if they fail with their pursuit of Wan-Bissaka. Could be one to watch this...

That would worry me far more than Palace coming in for him.

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

Have a look back on this thread... Possibly only 6 comments above this one 😉

Edited by BobLoz3

I’m not sure Man U would move for Aarons yet. 

While I can see Wan-Bissaka being a clear upgrade on Dalot - I don’t think you can say the same for Max. If you were going for the ‘could be great, but not 100% sure yet but at least he’s homegrown’ right back, I’d personally target Jayden Bogle.

Very impressive first season of senior football, younger than Aarons and would be considerably cheaper. 

I suspect the ‘if we can’t get Wan-Bissaka we’ll get Aarons’ bit of speculation is Man U trying to show Palace they will walk away unless the quoted fee becomes more reasonable. 

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

While I can see Wan-Bissaka being a clear upgrade on Dalot - I don’t think you can say the same for Max. If you were going for the ‘could be great, but not 100% sure yet but at least he’s homegrown’ right back, I’d personally target Jayden Bogle.

Very impressive first season of senior football, younger than Aarons and would be considerably cheaper. 

I suspect the ‘if we can’t get Wan-Bissaka we’ll get Aarons’ bit of speculation is Man U trying to show Palace they will walk away unless the quoted fee becomes more reasonable. 

Does 7 months really make that much of a difference @Bethnal Yellow and Green?

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'd take Aarons over Bogle personally. He was the standout young player in the division last season, Bogle wasn't even the standout young right back.

I think though that United will get AWB- I'd imagine Palace are just looking to get every penny possible out of them.

7 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Does 7 months really make that much of a difference @Bethnal Yellow and Green?

It can do at a young age. Clubs consider peak development ages to be between 18-23. So 7 months younger in that key time can be a big deal to a team. 

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd take Aarons over Bogle personally. He was the standout young player in the division last season, Bogle wasn't even the standout young right back.

I think though that United will get AWB- I'd imagine Palace are just looking to get every penny possible out of them.

I think Aarons is ahead of Bogle in his development. But when Norwich would want £25m(ish) for Aarons and Derby would want £15m(ish) for Bogle then I’d go Bogle. Especially as there isn’t a huge amount to suggest either of them will be better than Dalot who is already at the club. 

AWB looks like he could be one of the best right backs in the world, so I’d be prepared to pay a considerable sum of money for him. We will have a much better idea if Aarons is at that level by the end of the season. 

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

AWB looks like he could be one of the best right backs in the world, so I’d be prepared to pay a considerable sum of money for him. We will have a much better idea if Aarons is at that level by the end of the season

I'm going to bold and say I think Aarons can be the same. I think he'll have a long career at the very top level. I'm not sure I think the same about Bogle. 

17 hours ago, king canary said:

I'm going to bold and say I think Aarons can be the same. I think he'll have a long career at the very top level. I'm not sure I think the same about Bogle. 

Aarons will be a better player than both of them. He's too good for Palace. He's too good for us as well 🙄

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Aarons will be a better player than both of them. He's too good for Palace. He's too good for us as well 🙄

Never really got this "he's too good for us" attitude. Especially before the season has even kicked off! We'll see how we go. We may even surpass your expectations.

He isn't too good for us as he is playing at Norwich and there are absolutely no guarantees for any player to make it at the absolute highest level for the 'best club in the world'.

For me, Norwich City IS the best club in the world.

Let's just try and enjoy what we have.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Big fan of the Drmic link being reported today. Would be perfect for the 2nd choice striker, something different to Pukki as Drmic is better in the air, but still a clinical finisher. 

Apart from penalties given recent evidence - should fit in well at the Carra'!

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Big fan of the Drmic link being reported today. Would be perfect for the 2nd choice striker, something different to Pukki as Drmic is better in the air, but still a clinical finisher. 

Yes , that would be a good signing ! He's a danger in the box and would be a great addition to the squad. It's just the injury problems he's had that worry me! Still, ticks all the boxes...

There could actually be some legs in this rumour. He won't have been on obscene money in Germany, is available on a free and offers something different to Pukki. 

16 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

There could actually be some legs in this rumour. He won't have been on obscene money in Germany, is available on a free and offers something different to Pukki. 

He signed for €10m to a (at the time) Champions League club, so he won’t be poorly remunerated. However, he certainly won’t be able to command those type of wages anymore.

Signing players out of contract always equals much larger wages, so it would probably come down to what kind of relegation reduction he’d be prepared to accept. 

Indeed. It's a bit of a financial minefield now that we are swimming in Premier league waters.

My first thoughts were, after wanting him on board that is, if other big clubs are after him then we'll have to compete in the wages stakes  ... a bit of an Achilles Heel for us at the moment apparently.

Comparing this one to the Pukki signing, as was done in the article, is therefore not correct.

TP flew into Carrow Road very much under the radar as he was generally unfancied, but acquiring this Swiss international will involve a lot more difficulties.

Perhaps we should have gone for James Norwood after all.

But if we "compete in the wages stakes " it blows the so-called wage structure. Especially if he is essentially Pukki's stand-in, he can't be seen to be earning significantly more than the rest of the squad.

29 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But if we "compete in the wages stakes " it blows the so-called wage structure. Especially if he is essentially Pukki's stand-in, he can't be seen to be earning significantly more than the rest of the squad.

This is true. And probably another reason we won't sign Jay Rod or can't get Rhodes back (though the latter would likely accept a pay cut... maybe)

I wonder how many incorrect spellings of his name we could come up with?

Also, a little retraction to make.

Earlier on this thread, when Jonny Williams name came up, I said I liked him when he was at Derby.

I was, of course, thinking about Johnny bloomin Russell.

Got my johnnys muddled up... Not for the first time... wahey!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Steady on Lawro, there's children that post on here... 😉

What... like you (and me)? 😂

They could be mine after the mix up hey? 😉

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

There are also adults who behave like children 🤔

7 hours ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said: