Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

On 08/06/2019 at 17:37, rock bus said:

Wonder if any possibility of trippier + huge sum of cash for Max?!

IMO that would weaken our squad and would not be wise at all.

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Trippier is a ridiculous suggestion; he's being linked with several of Europe's top clubs. Man Utd, Juventus and Napoli have all been mentioned by a few sources.

The article mentioning it is barely in English- I wouldn't put any stock in it. 

Right back is absolutely the last position we'll be spending big money on.

Just now, king canary said:

The article mentioning it is barely in English- I wouldn't put any stock in it. 

Right back is absolutely the last position we'll be spending big money on.

Correct. We need someone, but whoever comes in will probably know they won't be first choice, and we won't be prepared to spend much of our budget on that position, so I wouldn't expect anyone that good. We'll probably get another Heise-type player.

would honestly rather have Godfrey as the back up right back and just move Klose or Hanley or whoever into the side. Unless we sign another versatile player that can fill in there or the lad out on loan in Tampa can be our back up

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

would honestly rather have Godfrey as the back up right back and just move Klose or Hanley or whoever into the side. Unless we sign another versatile player that can fill in there or the lad out on loan in Tampa can be our back up

Norwich’s system is very reliant on having attacking full backs. I’m not sure Godfrey would provide that outlet on the right - while having him there for a game or two wouldn’t be a major issue, I wouldn’t want him to have to cover that position for any length of time. 

Any news about Sean Raggett and the German dude we loaned out,  oh and Grant Hanley too ? 

That’s three CB’s there as well as Z G and K. 

8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Any news about Sean Raggett and the German dude we loaned out,  oh and Grant Hanley too ? 

That’s three CB’s there as well as Z G and K. 

Franke apparently wants to stay for a crack at the Premier League- I'd assume he just wants the inflated wages.

Raggett seems very likely to be sold. His season being cut short by injury will have hurt his value a bit though.

Hanley I assume will stay as a back up.

Raggetts wages have gone through the roof now we got promoted according to the Peterborough chairman which probably makes him harder to move on permanently.

9 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Raggetts wages have gone through the roof now we got promoted according to the Peterborough chairman.....

How would the Peterborough chairman know anything about Raggetts wages?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Posh have shown interest in signing Raggett a couple of times I think. They tried to get him when he signed for Norwich initially. 

I guess he’ll go on loan again and leave on a free at the end of next season (I think that is when his deal is up). 

8 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

I expect Raggett's agent told him

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Posh have shown interest in signing Raggett a couple of times I think. They tried to get him when he signed for Norwich initially.

I wasn't aware of their interest. That explains it.

Latest one linked... Jay Rodriguez.

Saw this on Read Norwich earlier, Pink 'Un now reporting it.

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Like the look of that....ticks many a box

Competition/cover for the main striker, but can also play just off the striker or wide left of a front 3......can also take a penalty!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Leicester want him, so he won't be coming here.

Not really got the best injury record, but a quality player. Could be a decent signing if the price is right.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Leicester want him, so he won't be coming here.

Never know... Might be fed up with the Midlands.

And why wouldn't one be? It is a sh!thole after all 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Would be really happy with this- fits the bill perfectly apart from being a bit older than our usual choices.

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Never know... Might be fed up with the Midlands.

And why wouldn't one be? It is a sh!thole after all 😉

He's from Burnley so he's probably used to it.

Apparently he has a relatively low release clause, so if he's going on the cheap I expect quite a few Premier League clubs to be interested so I doubt we'd be able to compete unfortunately.

• Haha 1

I see Sky are saying Palace will go for Aarons if Man U sign Wan-Bissaka.

Even removing my yellow and green glasses I can't see that happening.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He's from Burnley so he's probably used to it.

Apparently he has a relatively low release clause, so if he's going on the cheap I expect quite a few Premier League clubs to be interested so I doubt we'd be able to compete unfortunately.

Yes seems a bit of a non-starter. But, people have been discussing Norwood's signing for Ipswich today so, hey. Nothing is off limits! 😂

Just now, king canary said:

I see Sky are saying Palace will go for Aarons if Man U sign Wan-Bissaka.

Even removing my yellow and green glasses I can't see that happening.

Yeah they may "go" for him but they won't want to pay what we'll likely demand for him!

If Wan-Bissaka is being touted as a £60 million player, I would hope we'd put a similarly HUGE figure on Aarons. Despite him not yet playing in the Prem. Why shouldn't we ask for, I don't know, £40 million??

Can't see us being able to compete wage wise for Rodriguez. I imagine his champ wage with WBA is double what most of our players are currently being paid. I would agree though, that he would provide a good quality back up Pukki, especially if the price quoted is accurate.

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yeah they may "go" for him but they won't want to pay what we'll likely demand for him!

If Wan-Bissaka is being touted as a £60 million player, I would hope we'd put a similarly HUGE figure on Aarons. Despite him not yet playing in the Prem. Why shouldn't we ask for, I don't know, £40 million??

Yes that was my thought.

If they offer something crazy like that then I can see it happening. However I don't see them doing that and I don't think Aarons will be in a hurry to push through a move like that.

• Like 1

I don't think Aarons is realistically worth anything close to £40million, but I hear your point. It would take a large sum of money for him to move on and if he does,  we should basically have double the transfer kitty to reinvest in more players. Cant be a bad thing either way IMO

Just now, jaberry2 said:

I don't think Aarons is realistically worth anything close to £40million, but I hear your point. It would take a large sum of money for him to move on and if he does,  we should basically have double the transfer kitty to reinvest in more players. Cant be a bad thing either way IMO

I agree that he isn't worth £40m, but is Wan-Bissaka worth £60m?

I remember Newcastle demanding- and receiving- £35m for Andy Carroll from Liverpool based solely on the fact that Liverpool had just sold Torres for £50m.

We could do the same with Palace. If they can squeeze £60m out of Man Utd for Wan-Bissaka, then we can ask for at least £30m, possibly £35m, up to even £40m. We could justifiably point out that if that's the market now, then that's Aarons' value.

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes that was my thought.

If they offer something crazy like that then I can see it happening. However I don't see them doing that and I don't think Aarons will be in a hurry to push through a move like that.

We can only hope!

Although I've always been of the mindset that this bunch of players, who helped us achieve so much and probably also superseded even their own expectations, would want to repay the faith shown in them by Farke et al by staying with us for our tilt at the Premier League.

Would be so silly to break up this team of wonderful players at this point. We don't need to so... NEXT!