Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Bizarre,

Injury prone and deemed not good enough for the Championship by Charlton.

Not really an area we are short in either.

Not a bad player and certainly helped Charlton win in that play off final. He came on and was full of running and endeavour. I liked him at Derby too.

But, as others have said, it would seem a bizarre one. However, could be a useful squad player as he'd be free and presumably not on huge wages. Would count as homegrown too.

Still. Can't see it happening.

Charlton still interested, but reckon he'll go to a better club

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48467991

Bowyer says financial reasons are behind the decision to release midfielder Williams, who joined the Addicks from Crystal Palace in January and has already been the subject of rumoured interest from Championship side Swansea.

"Jonny came from a Premier League club who were paying most of his wage," the 42-year-old said.

"For us to get close to what he was on before is just impossible.

"He's going to have other clubs that are interested in him. If the money isn't what he's looking for, or if there is any way we can get close to it, then we will be speaking to his agent.

"It's not like we've shut the door on him - it's half open."

Why on earth would we sign a 30 year old defender, especially for more than 10 million quid?

i’m looking at a second striker and defensive midfielder as the two positions we will fill and taking note of what Stuart Webber said about prices fluctuating as we get closer to the transfer deadline - he was clearly talking about 5 million prices and those potentially going down ....

Edited by Surfer

Williams is an odd one - clearly a pretty decent player and still only 25, I confess I thought he was a lot older. His leaving Charlton is not down to them not thinking he’s good enough, I’m sure someone decent in the higher end of the Champs will take a punt, a PL side seems unlikely but I guess he might be considered a cheaper-end-of-the-scale squad player.

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The Luxembourg Messi. 

His contract expires this summer, so this could be a goer and fairly cheap. Don’t think he’d be one for the first team straight away though. 

As long as he’s better than the Tottenham Messi, Bethnal - sounds a good prospect from a little research, and (I think) ticks the boxes of a Farke/Webber type signing.

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The Luxembourg Messi. 

His contract expires this summer, so this could be a goer and fairly cheap. Don’t think he’d be one for the first team straight away though. 

He spent this last season in the French third tier. He gave an interview less than a month ago, in which he said he was open to the idea of moving abroad, but the main consideration was playing for a coach who prioritised ball retention:

"La chose la plus déterminante pour moi, ce sera le projet proposé par mon futur club. J’aimerais trouver une équipe qui propose du jeu et tomber sur un coach qui a une philosophie tournée vers la possession du ballon. Si je partais, ce que je ne dis pas, l'étranger pourrait être une étape. Certains championnats m'attirent, mais chaque chose en son temps."

not going to comment on this particular player because I tend to always fancy ALL of these rumoured signings,without exception.,

However it is good to see that we seem to be using the "lure of the Premier league" as a major thing in our pursuit of these young prospects.

So there Baggies. Ya boo to all of you.

"Do though wanna go to Brummagem or do thou wanna go to Naarrwich?" 

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

He spent this last season in the French third tier. He gave an interview less than a month ago, in which he said he was open to the idea of moving abroad, but the main consideration was playing for a coach who prioritised ball retention:

"La chose la plus déterminante pour moi, ce sera le projet proposé par mon futur club. J’aimerais trouver une équipe qui propose du jeu et tomber sur un coach qui a une philosophie tournée vers la possession du ballon. Si je partais, ce que je ne dis pas, l'étranger pourrait être une étape. Certains championnats m'attirent, mais chaque chose en son temps."

Would certainly fit with Norwich then. 

He turned down a move to Bayern a few years back as he wanted to go somewhere that would play him in the first team - hence choosing relatively unfashionable Metz. Whether he’d come to Norwich to be a youth player is a bit questionable (unless he has changed his priorities). Would love to see him sign, such a fun player to watch (and a left footer, which means he’d have a re-sell premium). 

Sounds like there’s been interest from Bayern Munich in the past too. If there’s any legs in this then from what Purple has quoted, it sounds like we would appeal to him. Reminds me a bit of Eden Hazard as well. 

Like the look of the Thill kid and as others have said would seem to fit with our model albeit perhaps not one who is going to come in and immediately help us stay up next season as I suspect he would be viewed as one for a couple of seasons time. 

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Would certainly fit with Norwich then. 

He turned down a move to Bayern a few years back as he wanted to go somewhere that would play him in the first team - hence choosing relatively unfashionable Metz. Whether he’d come to Norwich to be a youth player is a bit questionable (unless he has changed his priorities). Would love to see him sign, such a fun player to watch (and a left footer, which means he’d have a re-sell premium). 

Presumably he will be playing against Ukraine tonight.

If we signed him too we'd certainly have an abundance of decent left footers in the squad!

Roberts is very left footed, then you have Vrancic, Lewis, Krul, Heise... Probs some more!

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is weird how we suddenly become fixated with a player I suspect none of us, apart from Bethnal, had heard of before today, and who may well not become a Canary.😎

Anyway,  a couple of other points from the interview. He talks a great deal about wanting to be close to his family, but I get the sense he is getting past that now. Apart from anything else he spent this last season down in Pau, which is about as far away in France as you can get from Luxembourg. And he does say he thinks he is now ready to join a foreign top-flight club.

Edited by PurpleCanary