Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

Roofe, Philips, Klitch? Maybe one of their youngsters....  

Stay away from the Goalkeeper, Center Backs, and Center Forward 🙂

3 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Phillips would fit in brilliantly for us - but as Leeds' best player, might cost a bit too much.

Would be worth it just for the reaction on WACCOE. And we could then do a Becchio and not use him to wind them up further.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The L'Equipe writer thinks it likely he'll go somewhere this summer, but plainly we are not the only interested club. It is the lead story on their Ligue 2 page.

There is a suggestion from one fan (only a fan, and they may know nothing, but..) that the Lorient president, who works in London in finance, will want to sell this player to an English club, on the basis that he will get the best price that way.

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's be honest, Zimmermann is certainly the exception rather than the rule. If all players from semi-pro regional teams were like him then everyone would be shopping there.

Yes, I understand that, but when our guys can find a Buendia/Zimmerman/Stieppermann/Leitner then are we forward thinking etc in digging these jewels up, and lots of other clubs are just not sharp enough at the moment with their recruiting?

On 15/05/2019 at 11:48, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Another player from Portugal being linked is Benfica's Chris Willock. He was highly rated when Benfica signed him from Arsenal but hasn't done anything since. Sounds like a case of not settling more than anything. 

Is he worth a gamble on potential? I remember Norwich signed him on my Football Manager game and he was a bit-part player in the Premier League for them. 

But is he any more 'ready' than Cantwell is right now, at a similar age? I'm not convinced.

I’ve finally caught up with the My Football Writer interview with Kieran Scott and right at the end he mentions he was watch Benfica B recently.

That certainly ties in with this rumour. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

56 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Next rumour is Norwich are to sign ‘highly rated’, 18 year old Archie Mair from Aberdeen. 

Norwich seemingly wanting to have all the youth keepers. 

A name just perfect for headlines if he has a bad game...😃

• Haha 1

Nothing to be afraid of!  We’ll be linked with dozens of guys - this season in particular - 90%-95% of which have no substance whatever, but it’s all part of the ‘fun’.

Linked with Marvin Bakalorz, but I'm not sure how that fits with the "five players used to winning are better than eight players used to losing". Just been relegated from the Bundesliga, so seems more like agent talk.

Edited by Icecream Snow

On 15 May 2019 at 20:33, PurpleCanary said:

The L'Equipe writer thinks it likely he'll go somewhere this summer, but plainly we are not the only interested club. It is the lead story on their Ligue 2 page.

Lorient failed to make the play-offs tonight, although I got the impression this player would probably would be sold even if they'd got promoted.

19 minutes ago, Jools said:

Has been fielded many times as a defensive midfielder and captained Hanover 👍

Not a massive fan of Bakalorz to be honest. He has the reputation as a bit of a clogger in Germany and was pretty awful for Hannover this season. 

He played with Vrancic in the same Paderborn side that was relegated from the Bundesliga a few years ago. In that season he came to notoriety for a horror challenge on Marco Reus that injured him for 5 months. Bakalorz was at Dortmund previously and Klopp was very unimpressed with him. 

Wonder if this was someone Norwich were more interested in had they not been promoted. Certainly don’t think he’d be good enough to be a starter in the Premier League and at 29 he is the wrong side of the age curve. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2019 at 22:40, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Not a massive fan of Bakalorz to be honest. He has the reputation as a bit of a clogger in Germany and was pretty awful for Hannover this season. 

He played with Vrancic in the same Paderborn side that was relegated from the Bundesliga a few years ago.

And look how Vrancic has performed under Farke and our coaches.

On 15/05/2019 at 19:08, Alex Moss said:

Arsenal are interested according to the Mirror.

However he would be third choice. Sounds as if he has had a cracking season and not at full potential. Would being a back up help? I don't know but plays wide, number 10 or number 9 and after this season I would hope he wants to 'play' in the PL not sit on the bench or be out of the match day squad.

Latest rumour this morning is Pontus Jansson. Would tip the dirties over the edge I think. They were saying us and sheff Utd are in for him, although it seems to be Noel Whelan playing a guessing game rather than having any substance at all to it.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/whelan-norwich-sheffield-united-in-running-to-sign-leeds-man-for-around-10m/

Edited by kick it off

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Latest rumour this morning is Pontus Jansson. Got to say he’s a top player and we could defo do worse. would tip the dirties over the edge I think. They were saying us and sheff Utd are in your n him, probably just empty paper talk tho

Oh man that would be hilarious. (Not a bad player either).

How about signing kompany on a 1 year deal? As he's a free agent we could give him c. £150k PW and it would only cost us £8m which is probably what we'd pay in transfer fee and wages for a year for one of our signings this year anyway....

On 17/05/2019 at 23:22, PurpleCanary said:

Lorient failed to make the play-offs tonight, although I got the impression this player would probably would be sold even if they'd got promoted.

L'Equipe's list of big clubs interested in this young Lorient talent is growing impressively, withe Borussia Munchengladbach added, and at least one Spanish outfit, athough as yet no firms offers. As to Pontus Jansson, that would be funny, but we will not spend that kind of money on a 28-year-old central defender.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Latest rumour this morning is Pontus Jansson. Would tip the dirties over the edge I think. They were saying us and sheff Utd are in for him, although it seems to be Noel Whelan playing a guessing game rather than having any substance at all to it.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/whelan-norwich-sheffield-united-in-running-to-sign-leeds-man-for-around-10m/

He looked like a player that cared deeply about Leeds loss, he sat with his back to the advertising boards holding his head in his hands and then staring into space for ages whilst Derby celebrated, my guess is players like that have requisite hunger that Farke and Webber are looking for, and he is a tidy centre back for sure, but at 29, and is he any better than Klose?

54 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

How about signing kompany on a 1 year deal? As he's a free agent we could give him c. £150k PW and it would only cost us £8m which is probably what we'd pay in transfer fee and wages for a year for one of our signings this year anyway....

I think that may be we as a club, and even the game it's self has changed from that sort of signing CS. That approach has served us quite well in the past, from some John Bond acquisitions through to the likes of Mick Channon and Martin Peters and Martin O'Neill.

We even already have 'senior statesmen' players in Klose and Krul.

Besides, who wants to see a player earning that much in the yellow? A veritable obscenity best left to the Chelsea's  etc.

How could it be value for money in any case with his age and injury record.

Interestingly, someone on TWTD has today mooted Kompany for an Ipswich signing. Totally delusional as usual for that lot but nevertheless more appropriate to their current needs than our own.

Now Pontus Janssen, that's a different matter altogether and we could mitigate against the cost by offering Grant Hanley in px who Pontus would be an upgrade from but is nevertheless a decent enough performer who would seem to suit Leeds.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Don't think Jansen is the answer at centre half. This league needs centre halves with more pace and ability as Jansen. So for me not the right type of player.