Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

14 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I'm wondering, if he only arrived in January, and has continued to score at such an impressive rate, why he's for sale. Unless they're short of readies or he's a bad egg I can't make sense of it at all. 

Perhaps he thinks he can do better than the Turkish league? If he came to the prem and smashed it here, he'd be a £100m player getting paid £300k a week in no time.

9 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Perhaps he thinks he can do better than the Turkish league? If he came to the prem and smashed it here, he'd be a £100m player getting paid £300k a week in no time.

He's gonna have to get past Pukki first 😎

2 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

He's gonna have to get past Pukki first 😎

Agreed, I think Pukki is going to be superb for us in the Premier League, Splendid. He has all the right attributes for sure 👍

Saw a retweet on Twitter from a French journalist suggesting we are after Mehdi Zeffane, an Algerian international right back who plays for Rennes. 

Just a rumour of course. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Saw a retweet on Twitter from a French journalist suggesting we are after Mehdi Zeffane, an Algerian international right back who plays for Rennes. 

Just a rumour of course. 

That's been doing the rounds for well over a week

Some of these "rumours" are really off the range aren't they. Today, it's Obi Mikel, a 31 year old who's way past his best who was average in the Championship this year and who's probably on stupid money. Do people even research this stuff?

59 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Some of these "rumours" are really off the range aren't they. Today, it's Obi Mikel, a 31 year old who's way past his best who was average in the Championship this year and who's probably on stupid money. Do people even research this stuff?

These rumours aren’t meant to be accurate, they are just there to generate clicks. 

52 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If we signed Harper, what would we do with him? He plays in the one position we are very well stocked in.

I guess we'd send him on loan to a Championship team for regular game time with a view to bringing him into the first team next year if it comes off, right?

If we're bringing him in just to send out on loan, he'd need to be cheap, no point spending our, already limited budget on a player that is unlikely to contribute. 

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

These rumours aren’t meant to be accurate, they are just there to generate clicks.

hush

you'll spoil the game ☺️

"Meanwhile, the The Sun on Sunday claims new boss Lambert was tempted to take the job at Portman Road by a £10 million January war chest "

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

hush

you'll spoil the game ☺️

"Meanwhile, the The Sun on Sunday claims new boss Lambert was tempted to take the job at Portman Road by a £10 million January war chest "

You old cynic you. 😁

3 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

You old cynic you. 😁

seen too many, and how they are 'arrived' at

yet the gormless still swallow them all

• Like 1

An actual, genuine link is that Norwich want to sign Chiquinho from Moreirense in Portugal. Plays as a number 10 or a striker and been a stand out for a mid-table team in the top league over there. 

Slight problem is that Benfica also want to sign him so that might be a bit of an insurmountable hurdle. 

Fee is estimated to be between €8 - €10m. 

I’m surprised that we’re looking to spend that sort of fee tbh.

17 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

I’m not. 

I’d be surprised if Norwich don’t break their transfer record this summer.

I think a lot of this ‘we’ve got no money’ chat from Webber and Farke is the dampen down expectations of clubs Norwich are dealing with and fans who may be expecting a spending spree. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Even with a very limited budget I imagine we can still afford one (comparitively) big-money signing, especially someone with sell-on value, provided we can fill the other gaps cheaply, and keep wages to a reasonable level.

Ha! Bethnal got in ahead of me as I was typing that! Not sure we will break our transfer record, but Bethnal knows way more than I do.

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’m not. 

I’d be surprised if Norwich don’t break their transfer record this summer.

I think a lot of this ‘we’ve got no money’ chat from Webber and Farke is the dampen down expectations of clubs Norwich are dealing with and fans who may be expecting a spending spree. 

Even the top end of 10m euros is only £8.5m- that would be quite cheap by today's standards.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

An actual, genuine link is that Norwich want to sign Chiquinho from Moreirense in Portugal. Plays as a number 10 or a striker and been a stand out for a mid-table team in the top league over there. 

Slight problem is that Benfica also want to sign him so that might be a bit of an insurmountable hurdle. 

Interesting Beth, thanks for sharing. I wonder if the lure of playing in the Premier League might just be about enough to prise him away from Benfica? Don’t know much about him, but I have total faith in our recruitment team.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Interesting Beth, thanks for sharing. I wonder if the lure of playing in the Premier League might just be about enough to prise him away from Benfica? Don’t know much about him, but I have total faith in our recruitment team.

It’s complicated due to Benfica purchased him in the summer of 2018, then moved him on straight away - but with a clause meaning they get 50% of any future fee and have first refusal should any bid be accepted. It is how Portuguese clubs are getting around the ban on third party ownerships which used to be very common over there. 

In reality it means if Norwich bid €8m, then Benfica have to pay only €4m to match the bid. 

Apparently Norwich first met with Moreirense about the transfer at the beginning of April and have had club representatives at plenty of games in Portugal this season (Portuguese clubs have to declare which clubs have scouts at their games). 

I would be interested to see Norwich sign a good player or two from one or more of the unsuccessful play-off sides or one of the stand outs in other Championship clubs. 

Whatever happens I hope we get the recruitment done early and don't end up wasting time as in previous seasons chasing the unobtainable. 

3 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

I would be interested to see Norwich sign a good player or two from one or more of the unsuccessful play-off sides or one of the stand outs in other Championship clubs. 

Whatever happens I hope we get the recruitment done early and don't end up wasting time as in previous seasons chasing the unobtainable. 

As the transfer window closes before the season starts there is little choice but to get it done early. 

Players from the Championship will cost huge, inflated fees. There is talk of £18m fees for Che Adams - that just isn’t realistic for Norwich at the moment. It is also indicative of how much other Prem teams will want for their players. 

Most of the recruitment will be from Europe, with potentially one or two domestic loans and maybe players regarded as surplus from other Prem clubs. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

but with a clause meaning they get 50% of any future fee and have first refusal should any bid be accepted.

So even if they aren't particularly interested in the player they'll still be able to push his price up. Nice.

7 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Can't think of many players that would improve us and be affordable. Only realistic thing would be one of the players currently on loan at a Championship club.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I know literally nothing about him, but trust Webber & Farke.  Our last striker signed from Portugal didn't go that well...

https://soccersouls.com/go-for-it-farke-norwich-signing-this-portuguese-star-with-e10m-release-clause-would-massively-aid-their-pl-campaign/

Moreirense have a great kit - a yellow and green version would be cool!

37 minutes ago, Woodman said:

I know literally nothing about him, but trust Webber & Farke.  Our last striker signed from Portugal didn't go that well...

https://soccersouls.com/go-for-it-farke-norwich-signing-this-portuguese-star-with-e10m-release-clause-would-massively-aid-their-pl-campaign/

Moreirense have a great kit - a yellow and green version would be cool!

Agreed, im not caring much about rumoured interests right now, but the most important thing about any new signings, apart from how good they might be, is of course the attitude of the individual. No matter who they are, where they come from, what age they are, they have to fit into the DF / SW ethos, hard working, team player with no auto right to be in first eleven and above all respectful and honoured to be a Norwich City player, irrespective of what division we are playing in. No place for individualistic prima donnas at our club.

• Like 1