Alex Moss

A couple of transfer rumours...

https://readnorwich.com/2019/05/09/norwich-city-targeting-rennes-defender-ahead-of-return-to-premier-league/

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-has-proposals-from-watford-and-norwich-club-already-offered-improved-deal/

Ignoring the Joe Hart story, and that of the Galatasaray striker (for obvious reasons), it seems these other 2 players keep popping up with regularity in the rumours recently. Both would be free transfers from what I can see, and if the first report from France over the Rennes defender is true, it sounds like we’re already making progress in our attempts to sign him.

Problem is it’s impossible to tell if a rumour keeps popping up as there is some truth in it, or it is just different media repeating stories they’ve seen elsewhere. 

Free agents will always get linked with a huge bunch of teams as their agents work hard to get them the best possible deal. 

I don’t think either are players Norwich will be targeting for age and style of play reasons. But predicting Norwich’s transfers is an impossible jump. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Problem is it’s impossible to tell if a rumour keeps popping up as there is some truth in it, or it is just different media repeating stories they’ve seen elsewhere. 

Free agents will always get linked with a huge bunch of teams as their agents work hard to get them the best possible deal. 

I don’t think either are players Norwich will be targeting for age and style of play reasons. But predicting Norwich’s transfers is an impossible jump. 

Agree Bethno, it's the Silly Season for transfer rumours  . Also have the feeling that anyone brought in will be a done or very nearly done deal well before the Press/Media get wind of it. 

The problem for me is everyone mentioned, usually with the same powerful write-ups and other big clubs are always interested as well scenario, that they all become a 'must have' irrespective of cost, position or suitability.

Usually soon forgotten (although Fabio will be remembered forever no doubt) only a few surface at the highest level in the English game... Toby Alderwereild, Virgil Van Dijk spring to mind,  whilst others like  Ross McCormack are bullets missed.

It keeps the embers smoldering, I suppose,  and at least we are not fishing in the Chumps free agent pond that the binners are now confined  to .... some have even mooted Steve Morrison and cite Lambert's previous connections as a positive.

Thank goodness it's an Ashes Summer. 

• Like 1

Indeed, I'm happy it's an Ashes Summer too!

The story on the Pinkun mentioned we might be an attractive club for the big guns to loan players too. This could be a huge advantage imo , as Farke is good with the young lads and I wouldn't mind a player like Reece James or Phil Foden here tbh.

I wouldn't want too many players on loan, but a couple of class youngsters could be an advantage for us

Edited by ROBFLECK

35 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Indeed, I'm happy it's an Ashes Summer too!

The story on the Pinkun mentioned we might be an attractive club for the big guns to loan players too. This could be a huge advantage imo , as Farke is good with the young lads and I wouldn't mind a player like Reece James or Phil Foden here tbh.

I wouldn't want too many players on loan, but a couple of class youngsters could be an advantage for us

Here’s the link - not watched the video itself yet but certainly interesting that he Kieran Scott mentions that ‘one thing I know is that the bigger clubs like how we play football’. And that may not be exclusive to English sides either, that could be European giants as well. Double edged sword that because sooner or later someone will look to come in and take Farke, or Farke and Webber, away and I dread that day.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/kieran-scott-on-premier-league-transfer-plans-exclusive-1-6042583

You've got a point there AM , but I reckon that is inevitable... Let's say Borussia Dortmund come in and approach Farke... I don't think he would be able to ignore that...

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Here’s the link - not watched the video itself yet but certainly interesting that he Kieran Scott mentions that ‘one thing I know is that the bigger clubs like how we play football’. And that may not be exclusive to English sides either, that could be European giants as well. Double edged sword that because sooner or later someone will look to come in and take Farke, or Farke and Webber, away and I dread that day.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/kieran-scott-on-premier-league-transfer-plans-exclusive-1-6042583

In a well run “conventional” business of any size, succession planning is a standard element of how they operate. Given how good Webber is, I would be amazed if we don’t have contingencies in place for losing Farke and/or Webber. That doesn’t mean the replacements we have in mind at the time are in any way guaranteed to succeed, but I would hope that we as an organisation can prove to be as good at spotting management talent as football skills.

Edited by Nuff Said
speeling

58 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

In a well run “conventional” business of any size, succession planning is a standard element of how they operate. Given how good Webber is, I would be amazed if we don’t have contingencies I’m place for losing Farke and/or Webber. That doesn’t mean the replacements we have in mind at the time are in any way guaranteed to succeed, but I would hope that we as an organisation can prove to be as good at spotting management talent as football skills.

This is true, but we all know what is happening now is a rare marriage of the near perfect sporting director, manager, backroom staff and players, and we are incredibly lucky to have all of these elements at once. I don’t remember a season where it has all fallen into place so perfectly. It is not so simple as just replacing them. Hopefully with a few more good signings, and I don’t mean Joe Hart, we can make a significant enough impression next year that will make all of our most ambitious staff members think ‘Actually, I want to see how far we can build NCFC, let’s get this club into Europe’. To me that is ambition, and a fantastic challenge, rather than going to a turgid lacklustre giant such as Man Utd with a readymade Europa League challenge.

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

You've got a point there AM , but I reckon that is inevitable... Let's say Borussia Dortmund come in and approach Farke... I don't think he would be able to ignore that...

Hope not Flecky! 🤞

I see we've been linked with Yoann Barbet which I'd be pretty happy with- good age, coming from a team that already plays good football and adds depth and competition at a key position.

• Like 2

In today’s news/rumours, we can rule out the Spanish striker at Eibar. He’s just signed a new deal with them...

https://readnorwich.com/2019/05/10/norwich-target-enrich-signs-new-deal-with-eibar/

But one much more likely target that fits the Norwich mould is this new link...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/10/do-report-norwich-city-want-west-brom-midfielder-rekeem-harper/

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

I see we've been linked with Yoann Barbet which I'd be pretty happy with- good age, coming from a team that already plays good football and adds depth and competition at a key position.

Another one who can’t take penalties though-I remember he blasted one over the bar in the Carabao cup game away in the 2017/18 season 🤪

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Another one who can’t take penalties though-I remember he blasted one over the bar in the Carabao cup game away in the 2017/18 season 🤪

Was that him? I was in the away end for that game, one of the worst penalties I've ever seen!

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

Was that him? I was in the away end for that game, one of the worst penalties I've ever seen!

Then he'll be ideal for us, sign him up. 

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah, I was there too-it was pretty bad! 

Alex thanks for posting.

I follow the NFL and on a similar forum each day they have a summary of the team's news from many different news agencies. Some are free agency related, injury, predictions... So much.

Really easy to then keep up with different journalists views and reports. 

So appreciate you doing it the last couple of days. Always an exciting time of the year, shuffle the pack and no anxiety of a game at the weekend. Just builds anticipation for next season.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, smooth said:

Alex thanks for posting.

I follow the NFL and on a similar forum each day they have a summary of the team's news from many different news agencies. Some are free agency related, injury, predictions... So much.

So appreciate you doing it the last couple of days. Always an exciting time of the year, shuffle the pack and no anxiety of a game at the weekend. Just builds anticipation for next season.

Which team do you follow Smooth? We have an NFL thread in the non-football section.

I noticed Sebastian Haller came on as a late sub for Frankfurt v Chelsea last night - a name from previous windows.

14 goals and 9 assists this season.

2 hours ago, smooth said:

Alex thanks for posting.

You’re welcome, Smooth 👍. I’m happy to post any transfer rumours on here, so anything I see I will keep it contained within this thread rather than me posting multiple new threads - of course, if anyone wants to add anything they’ve spotted, no matter how ridiculous the link may seem, then they’re welcome to add to this of course. I have noticed on other clubs message boards that they often do the same.

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

In a well run “conventional” business of any size, succession planning is a standard element of how they operate. Given how good Webber is, I would be amazed if we don’t have contingencies I’m place for losing Farke and/or Webber. That doesn’t mean the replacements we have in mind at the time are in any way guaranteed to succeed, but I would hope that we as an organisation can prove to be as good at spotting management talent as football skills.

You do follow football (and Norwich), don't you😉

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Not at 20m euros but I'd imagine that is the top end of the fee- 15m euros for a guy with 40 goals to his name this season isn't a bad deal though.

Not a bad deal all things considering, agreed KC. But from what we’re hearing, that kind of money won’t be available for one player, and to be fair to Stuart Webber, he’s been upfront and transparent with us right from the very moment he joined us so I doubt this ones a goer at all.

10 hours ago, king canary said:

Not at 20m euros but I'd imagine that is the top end of the fee- 15m euros for a guy with 40 goals to his name this season isn't a bad deal though.

I'm wondering, if he only arrived in January, and has continued to score at such an impressive rate, why he's for sale. Unless they're short of readies or he's a bad egg I can't make sense of it at all.