Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Ashton deserves an apology!

I think all of those people who suggested Ashton wasn''t bothered about Norwich, wasn''t worth £7 million and who thought Worthy had ruined him need to eat some humble pie I think!!! Why are we so quick to start slating players here!!?? Ok Etuhu and Robinson haven''t yet set the world on fire but come on give them a chance. It takes a while to settle into the team and start playing well. Look at Iwan - in his first season he wasn''t exactly a fantastic signing! Even if Robinson etc isn''t good enough it''s not his fault - Worthy signed him, he didn''t sign himself!! Let''s get behind our players. Ok some might not be up to the standard but it''s not going to help by giving them a hard time from the stands!

Deano, theres only one deano

That sums it up because if we let him go he will never be replaced. |He must stay and guide is into the playoffs

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

That sums it up because if we let him go he will never be replaced. |He must stay and guide is into the playoffs

[/quote]

Indeed!!!! I couldn''t agree more. There is no way we could replace him. Even if we found an equally talented replacement they would either be too expensive or wouldn''t want to come to Nowich while they are in the Champ! Let''s hope the board stay strong and Ashton is committed to Norwich! Winning this game today and beating Sheffield Utd will help!!

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

hmm, i agree with the fact he will never be replaced, today he proved just how deadly he is.

Aparently norwich rated him at ten million........

he is definately worth that to us!

although i dont think that we will reach the play-offs..... not now we have left it too late

Quite agree, and I also think that the level of vitriol aimed at Hughes is totally disproportionate. Okay he''s not our most skillful player but some of the stick he has received, I feel, has been way over the top.  

I couldn''t believe the guy who phoned up Neil Adams and said Dean Ashton the worst centre forward Norwich have ever had, obviously an Ipswich supporter.

In truth I would say I have only seen one better striker and that was Ron Davies.

There never was a more ridiculous  moan than Nigel has ruined Deano !!    ... or ruined any player come to that ,  it sort of assumes  that all these " ruined " players   are so delicately poised mentally , that the slightest  hint of  being played " out of position "   plunges them into irreversable  psychosis  ...

The sudden upsurge in Deano`s  performance  COULD  be interpreted   as   a call sign to prem clubs to come and get him in Jan  , if this turns out to be the case  we`re  well rid !  and the cash will be welcome ,   if he  means  what he says , and sticks with us until seasons end , he knows what he has to do  to keep prem clubs interested  ...  score  regularly !

The same applies to Safri   , spent most of his time injured ,  the African games loom large in his sights , he makes a complete recovery , turns  it on  in style  ,    the " contract " he`s now  under , could just be  a mutual  agreement  between his agent and the club  not to stand in his way  if he moves  after the African games , ie  we get  cash for him !   

Hope neither negative scenarios   happen  , but its as well to  be ready  !

AJ how on earth can you say we can''t get in the play offs?

Look at where the binners have been at this time of  year during

the many seasons they''ve got to the play offs, palace two years ago, us

when we got to cardiff. Two teams are consistent in this league, sheff

utd and reading. Apart from that, everyone has a chance. Watford are

third and they were hammered by burnley at the weekend. Southampton are

6 points of the play offs and they looked like a div 3 side on

saturday. Whatever you think about our team and it''s abilities to

perform consistently, it''s totally wrong to say, before christmas, that

it''s too late for any team in our position to get the play offs.

I am one who says worthy could not get the best out of ashton - As usual worthy finally picks the right team that everyone else has been calling for for weeks and who and behold look what happens....

Fortunatly after 20 minutes of our standard long ball crap we start playing the ball on the floor... and who and behold we play a team off the park..  Where was this football earlier in the season??  why have we been playing this long ball crap for the most part of this nitemare season???

A big well done to Safri who was excellent Hucks who was brilliant and Mcveigh whom always seems to get the team playing on the floor

i should think anyone betweeb the top 2, and the bottom 5/6 can get into the play-offs. we have every chance. we are now into the 2nd half of the season. and we started it well. play like we can do, and we could find ourselves in the top 6 in the new year.

if we are to do this, i believe ashton is a vital player and needs to be kept. if we dont go up, then he will leave. and i think that is fair on both player and club.