Van wink

Farke Klopp and Pochettino

What do they all have in common.

You need only watch the way they interact with their squads to see the genuine affection and bond that exists.

Its no surprise that these managers are able to get big performances out of their teams and the very best out of individuals.

I'd suggest that it's easier to get big performances out of your players when you have an almost unlimited budget and you can cherry pick the best talent from around the World. 

41 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I'd suggest that it's easier to get big performances out of your players when you have an almost unlimited budget and you can cherry pick the best talent from around the World. 

Yeah tell that to Man Utd.

38 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Do you recon, I’m not so sure. The art of good management is getting the very best out of the players at your disposal, in many ways that’s an even harder job with the most expensive players.

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

That doesn't really apply to Liverpool and it certainly doesn't apply to Spurs.

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Spurs spent less than us this season.

An incredible week of football, one that will go down as one of, if not the most memorable in English football. Kompanys winner, Alexander Arnold’s corner, Mouras late winner - all once in a season moments of brilliance and importance, and all happened in the same week. Which was the most impressive? Kompany has never scored from outside the box before and knew Pep would go mental at him had it not gone in. The audacity for such a corner routine to be tried out on the biggest stage against one of the best teams in the world with the rest of the world watching, and for it to work. And Spurs arguably staging a greater comeback than the greatest comeback of all time the night before by scoring 3 goals in one half with the last a truly Norwich moment, coming in the 95th minute. I’m most definitely not a Spurs fan but I cheered when Moura completed his hat trick. Unbelievable Jeff.

I have no leaning towards any other club but this week has been a perfect reminder of why I love and watch football. Absolutely anything can happen.

6 hours ago, king canary said:

That doesn't really apply to Liverpool and it certainly doesn't apply to Spurs.

Klopp has spent £382 million since he arrived at Anfield !

19 minutes ago, Van wink said:

£94 million net over 4 years

Kaboom!!! wonder what Man u net net spend over last 4 years is?

Klopp seems to be able to harness things and turn them to his advantage. I did not think for one minute that a midfield of Milner, Fabinho and Henderson would prompt a 4-0 victory. But it worked. Barcelona couldn't play through them.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Klopp has spent £382 million since he arrived at Anfield !

As others have pointed out he's had to sell quote a few players too so his budget clearly isn't unlimited. Nor can you really argue he's cherry picked the best talent- guys like Salah, Van Dijk and Robertson weren't considered world class before Liverpool.

Many factors contribute to the success of a manager at the top level of the English game nowadays.

So many things come together, including a bit of luck ... as ever.

Bryan Clough would probably be a total flop in the Premier League as things are at the moment and he garnered respect and could get blood out of every stone in the day.

Interestingly, the commentary the other night alluded to the fact that Liverpool top the list of PL teams with late-late goals in games for the season. 

Similarly, City do the same in the Chumps, but it wasn't 'Liverpool doing a Norwich' as they were already in the habit. 

Fitness? Attitude? A bit of both no doubt.

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Many factors contribute to the success of a manager at the top level of the English game nowadays.

So many things come together, including a bit of luck ... as ever.

Bryan Clough would probably be a total flop in the Premier League as things are at the moment and he garnered respect and could get blood out of every stone in the day.

Interestingly, the commentary the other night alluded to the fact that Liverpool top the list of PL teams with late-late goals in games for the season. 

Similarly, City do the same in the Chumps, but it wasn't 'Liverpool doing a Norwich' as they were already in the habit. 

Fitness? Attitude? A bit of both no doubt.

Fitness and attitude yes, but much more than that, Belief being a huge factor.