Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

McNally Tweets!

I didnt realise one of the alleged reasons he allegedly left had become alkegedly so well known.

I still have a lot of respect for McNally he did what he needed to when he came in, I now have huge respect for Webber again did what he needed to and most of all I have found more respect to Delia and co for twice recognising things had to change, making those changes and getting the deserved success!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

I still have a lot of respect for McNally he did what he needed to when he came in, I know have huge respect for Webber again did what he needed to and most of all I have found more respect to Delia and co for twice recognising things had to change, making those changes and getting the deserved success!

Didn't he absolute pan Webber and Farke last season? Or was that the season before when Neil was in charge, can't quite recall.

I have loads of respect for McNally. Just not when he tweets on Saturday nights.

We should all remember his big truth though. "Success in football is cyclical".

• Like 1

Indeed Nutty, on all points, especially fora team like us, more cyclical than those on obscene amounts of money like Man City!

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I have loads of respect for McNally. Just not when he tweets on Saturday nights.

We should all remember his big truth though. "Success in football is cyclical".

Smaller cycles if you have a quality backroom team with a plan though?

I share Indy's respect for McNally, he was the right man for the job at that time and we needed a hard man. We've moved on now, but that's football, that's life!

Ha - I don't mean to suggest Mr Webber's soft, far from it, I wouldn't like to have to negotiate with him!

McNally was brilliant when he turned the ship around on his arrival back in 2009 but you must ask who was responsible for the Webber quote that the Premiership money was pi$$ed up the wall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

McNally was brilliant when he turned the ship around on his arrival back in 2009 but you must ask who was responsible for the Webber quote that the Premiership money was pi$$ed up the wall.

Even after he was gone Alex Neil still wanted to sign Ross McCormack 😛

55 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Even after he was gone Alex Neil still wanted to sign Ross McCormack 😛

"When they go low, we go high!" Tony Xia

30 minutes ago, Ian said:

"When they go low, we go high!" Tony Xia

"When they go up, we really need to go up via the playoffs or I'll be forced to publish our accounts" 😛

Don’t see anything wrong with that tweet myself. He still oversaw some of our more remarkable moments in our history, and I’ll always be thankful to him for that. 

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Don’t see anything wrong with that tweet myself. He still oversaw some of our more remarkable moments in our history, and I’ll always be thankful to him for that. 

Agreed AM. He was what was needed at the time. He helped pick us up by the short and curlies when we needed it on and off the pitch.

He wasn't Doomcaster or any of the Evans puppets and for that we should be grateful.

• Like 1

WTF People, he did his best whilst at the club, he turned as around when we were in an absolute hole. He then took us up twice to the Premiership, twice! Then he oversaw mid table positioning in the top flight.

He then congratulates the team for their success, which is a nice thing to do, and, still, some f*ckt*rds hit him with ridiculous hate. It's pathetic. These are the same "fans" who will get on Farke's back the moment we start losing back to back games in the Prem, which will happen! Absolutely it will.

• Like 1

Done a great job for us under very difficult circumstances initially. Obviously things didn't go right towards the end of his time here, but that's why he isn't still in a job now. Doesn't take away from what he has done so far.

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

That tweet is fine. But at the end of last season he was really eager to stick the knife into Webber and Delia/MWJ. I think he described Norwich’s 14th position a ‘disgrace’ and the reason he didn’t have money to buy a striker in the Prem was because Delia and MWJ had their loans repaid. 

He just comes across as a bandwagon jumper. 

• Like 1

He did the club well in the past. Like Lambert. Again in the past. McNally is a bit of a whisper on the wind now.

Things are great right now at NCFC with an interesting future to come. Be better to focus on the here and now and the exciting charge up the PL! 😉

52 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That tweet is fine. But at the end of last season he was really eager to stick the knife into Webber and Delia/MWJ. I think he described Norwich’s 14th position a ‘disgrace’ and the reason he didn’t have money to buy a striker in the Prem was because Delia and MWJ had their loans repaid. 

He just comes across as a bandwagon jumper. 

Bethnal, I can't find that tweet now but from memory - and apologies if not so - McNally said it was Smith and Jones who actually asked to be paid back. With the implication that they did so even though they knew the money really needed to be spent on the football side. I think even the most ferocious anti-Deliarites would find it hard to believe they would have done that in those circumstances.

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The guy is a bit of a d*ck.

Weren't the directors loans only about £2m? Hardly going to be the funds that pushed a top striker over the line.

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Bethnal, I can't find that tweet now but from memory - and apologies if not so - McNally said it was Smith and Jones who actually asked to be paid back. With the implication that they did so even though they knew the money really needed to be spent on the football side. I think even the most ferocious anti-Deliarites would find it hard to believe they would have done that in those circumstances.

My memory plainly wrong. McNally didn't say Smith and Jones had asked to be repaid. But the point remains that Smith and Jones, and Foulger, would hardly have agreed to take their money back if they had thought it would have made a significant difference to what was spent on the squad. In all it was just under £2m - £1.52m to S&J and £0.46m to Foulger.

And for McNally to blame a lack of cash for failing to upgrade in central defence runs directly counter to his own lengthy explanation given much earlier in a interview (with the Little Bird Project, I think) in which he said a deal, including the transfer fee, had been agreed with a top Italian club, and personal terms agreed with the player (Koulibaly possibly), only for the deal to fall through at the last minute because the selling club could not find a replacement. Nothing to do with Norwich City not having the cash to spend.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Weird he never really got another major job in football.

With the salary he had at Norwich and the pay off when he left, he quite likely never needs to work again.