Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

The sponsors pays their money I guess, but............

Capacity of the Metropolitano Stadium Madrid (venue of the Champions League Final) is 67,800

Liverpool allocation? Just over 16,000. Just ridiculous

(I know that some tickets go to other Clubs, not just sponsors)

A recipe for big problems without a doubt. Do the authorities seriously think that just 16,000 will travel to Madrid ?

Edited by TIL 1010

I appreciate that these things have to be decided and organised well in advance but it could be two English clubs in the final so Wembley would be a better choice, even for Ajax (were it to be them).

Flying out 30,000 plus English fans to the same place is going to be a hassle for both sets of security/police - Madrid and London.

Still, we do know in advance that any trouble that does occur will not be caused by any Liverpool fan.

In fact they will be the victims, as Heysel will testify.

7 arrests and 22 ejections of Liverpool fans in home areas for the game last Saturday at St James Park. Unsavoury scenes not seen inside the ground for years apparently.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

7 arrests and 22 ejections of Liverpool fans in home areas for the game last Saturday at St James Park. Unsavoury scenes not seen inside the ground for years apparently.

That will be the concern, that Liverpool fans will turn up under the belief that they have some 'divine right' to be in the ground an wil do what it takes to achieve that aim. Expect a fair number of forged tickets to appear on Mersey side in the coming weeks - and expect a few clashes between rival fans as they gather in Madrid...ticket or not.

Maybe Barcelona and Madrid 'el locos' might put aside long running feuds to have 'their say' as well.

My suggestion for what it is worth is the Spanish police should follow the example of Pamplona and deal with any miscreants by running bulls at them - as the scousers conveniently have red shirts ! That will soon disperse them.

(yes I know bulls are supposedly colour blind)

If the ground isn’t big enough to take the final then they should set up a fans zone  for each teams fans in the final, thus screening the game and getting into the atmosphere.

All clubs have unsavoury fans hopefully modern football fans will normally keep those troublesome ****** in check.

In a way it would probably be best if it were spurs in the final with them as there's less likely to be trouble between two sets of British fans (he says naively and assuming that no local ultras will stay anything)...

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

25k corporate tickets is just wrong 

Agreed, it's a scandal. Cannot see why it's not 30k tickets for each team and 7k for the corporate drones who won't show up anyway,

If that was Norwich, I think even we would be disappointed with that many tickets and we have a ground capacity of 27000 less than they do!

I went to the Champions League final at Wembley a few years ago - Man Utd v Barcelona - with tickets I won in a ballot (but still had to pay for). Heineken took over almost the entire Club level for their guests - all the bars and restaurants and about 7,000 seats at the game. I've no idea how much they pay UEFA for that privilege but I suspect it would buy quite a lot of pints of gassy lager.

Airlines making an enormous inflated profit on flights already. Supply and demand they have called it. Greed I call it.

But I agree that many so called Liverpool supporters without tickets could cause problems.

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Airlines making an enormous inflated profit on flights already. Supply and demand they have called it. Greed I call it.

But I agree that many so called Liverpool supporters without tickets could cause problems.

Someone ought to tell The Sun. I'm sure they would like to rekindle their love affair with Liverpool fans.

Have a feeling that Man City wont slip up in the title race  and that a rather fired up Liverpool will shred Spurs in CL final.

On 09/05/2019 at 02:18, splendidrush said:

Most Liverpool 'fans' are plastics anyway..... there,I've said it. 😱

You’re probably right, but since there must be millions of Liverpool fans globally, that still probably leaves a couple of hundred thousand who would dearly love to get their hands on a ticket. Our plastic to ‘match attending’ (if that’s how you define a non-plastic?) ratio must be something like 3 or 4 to 1? Liverpool’s could be more like 1000 to 1.

Fans have not complained about the amount of money sponsors pour into the game, so it is now a bit rich to complain about those same sponsors 'getting their money back'.

Similarly with flights and hotels. Both are down to supply and demand

the Champions League is a creation of sponsors, whereby the maximum can be wrung out of the top clubs playing each other. Those taking part knew fronm the beginning how the seat allocation would be divided up.

Arsenal fan on SSN said he quickly phoned and booked his flights to Baku when Arsenal's second goal went in last night. Everything accepted. He received a message today saying his flight was cancelled as they had a new pricing schedule. I'm not even sure if that is legal but he left it as he had to make other arrangements as the new prices were far to expensive.

Flight costs way too expensive?......London to Baku by road.......or train......or bus.......maybe 3 to 4+ days?......Oh, and a visa is required......

Whoever decided the venue, couldn't have made it as more awkward and so expensive for those who wish to be there for the event.......

Still, some folk are going to make a 'lorra, lorra munny' out of it.....But hey, that's Football......these days......

So do people really think the Champions League is staged for fans? It's a hospitality festival and always has been.

On 10/05/2019 at 12:58, Bill said:

Fans have not complained about the amount of money sponsors pour into the game, so it is now a bit rich to complain about those same sponsors 'getting their money back'.

the Champions League is a creation of sponsors, whereby the maximum can be wrung out of the top clubs playing each other. Those taking part knew fronm the beginning how the seat allocation would be divided up.

Yes Bill.

If you worship the money in football then moaning about this is double standards.

Champions League is football for tv and footballers image rights. The competition is weighted to allow the top players more exposure.