Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Ashton to Wigan for £6 million!.

Well according to the News Of The World and half the message boards on the net he is.

The deal is already done they say, I sincerly hope a denial is forthcoming from the club soon, because £6 million is not ''silly money'' in my opinion, its a bloody giveaway!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Well according to the News Of The World and half the message boards on the net he is.

The deal is already done they say, I sincerly hope a denial is

forthcoming from the club soon, because £6 million is not ''silly money''

in my opinion, its a bloody giveaway!.

[/quote]

Plus if Ashton  is ambitious Wigan would not be my choice,and your right Wiz 6 million is a giveaway.

i heard that norwich rated him at TEN MILLION

and would not accept anything less than it

Ashton is on a long contract and has looked enthusiastic even when not scoring. I think he has a strong streak of basic decency and honesty too. He will not de-value so it should be serious money or he stays.

As long as you have reliable sources Wiz

"Well according to the News Of The World and half the message boards on the net he is."

Ha Ha Ha!!!

If we do accept an offer from anybody we need to remember that Crouch was sold for £7m. We have seen both at close quarters and for me Deano must be at least £10m any less and I would feel we have let him go cheaply and more importantly unnecassarily.

I have backed the board on worthy now I hope they don''t let''s us down on this.

if he did say £3m, he''s an absolute joke (or the producers are). why do people say these things when its clear they know nothing about norwich. really annoys me. doubt he will go there. has to be man city or west ham imo. but if he is going, more clubs interested the better.

I relly hope that these "reports" are simply a journalistic device to fill some space/airtime. Selling Ashton would simply be a move to gaurantee championship mid-table mediocrity and nothing more. Six million (if spent on transfers) could certainly build a very solid championship side but not one capable of attaining and indeed sustaining premiership status. Hardly the move of a forward thinking and ambitious club. 

But at the end of the day, if he wants to go...

We got promoted once before without him, we can do it again. It would be harder, and we would need to invest the money in one or two new good strikers, but we could do it. It''s a sad fact of life that getting relegated means we take a step back in terms of squad quality. The trick is to take 2 steps back and then 3 forwards. Even if that takes time because we replace known talent (Ashton, Green) with upcoming talent from a lower division....

A word of Caution here Wiz.

1. None of the deals are ever "done" until the Fat Lady Signs. I have it nearly first hand (my Dad was speaking with Stuart Pearce when Man City played Charlton) that Pearce is very hopeful at signing Ashton.

2. When the player wants to go , and he clearly does, the fee can drop significantly. Judging from the highly scripted "I am ambitious blah blah" post match interview which he once again trotted out on Radio 5 (funny how these guys suddenly get the post match inteviews isn''t it... remember how Francis suddenly appeared in the media?) his agent is already working hard. Remember how the deal was "done" with Francis to Charlton for mega money? Greeno deal was "done" to Arsenal?

Ashton will go. But I fear it will be for a lot less than being banded around. My prediction is around 3-4 million.

i cant see us selling him for less than 6 or 7 million.  To be honest we are better off holding out for that and not selling if we have to.  OK we may have a bit of an unhappy player for a short time but if we can put a run together and get nearer the play offs I think the overriding confidence and momentum will keep deano''s performances up.

I think he realises the situation and understands that NCFC are going to hold out for a certain price.  If that price is not met we will not sell.  I fear though if results do not go our way in the next few matches then this season is a non starter.