Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

The Future is Bright..

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The Future is Yellow! Congratulations on your nomination Adam Idah!

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1210894

I wonder if Farke will promote Idah this summer and keep him here in the first team? If he’s as good as a £5 million pound lower league striker would cost, maybe it’s worth a gamble? Or will he go out on loan?

SW commented at one point that they changed the policy on youth players being introduced into the first team which is what allowed Aarons, Godfrey etc to be introduced this season. 

At the same time, sometimes younger players need time to develop and should go out on loan - it clearly helped Cantwell going to a club in Holland.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I suspect we will see a new contract and a loan for Idah announced at the same time. 

I’d say yes but, if it meant we loan Idah out then loan in a young striker like Brewster say, then is it really a positive? 

We will see, but it’s exciting to have such a talent on our book again.

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d say yes but, if it meant we loan Idah out then loan in a young striker like Brewster say, then is it really a positive? 

We will see, but it’s exciting to have such a talent on our book again.

Idah needs games. That is where he is at now in his development. At Norwich he’s likely to get some cup game and a handful of appearances off the bench at the very most. 

I’d say finding him someone in League One who’ll give him 30 plus starts is the best option. 

If Liverpool loan out Brewster it will be on the understanding he’s first choice or getting a lot of game time - so unlikely he’d be coming to Norwich. If they were to loan him to Norwich and he play a handful of games off the bench, then it would be damaging to his develop, and selfishly, it’s better Norwich hamper Brewster’s development than Idah’s. 

Norwich should treat their young players the same as someone like Liverpool treat their young players and find them a club where they can play week in, week out. 

Personally, I’m not going to get too excited over Idah yet. Pacy attackers often out perform at youth level but find transition into senior football hard. Until he plays senior football I’m not going to get too worked up or excited about his potential. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Personally, I’m not going to get too excited over Idah yet. Pacy attackers often out perform at youth level but find transition into senior football hard. Until he plays senior football I’m not going to get too worked up or excited about his potential. 

This makes sense, coming up against Men is almost a different sport, a season in League One will do him the World of good, regular games, against no nonsense defenders will sort him out, one way or another.