Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Bore off, Brady

She has a point - even if it is laboured. The step up is significant and one only needs to study history to see that the teams spending least go down almost every time. 

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

She has a point - even if it is laboured. The step up is significant and one only needs to study history to see that the teams spending least go down almost every time. 

But they didn't play Farkeball! Some of the Liverpool -Barca play last night was nearly as good as ours :classic_wink:.

• Like 2

"Yes, Bournemouth managed it four years ago, magnificently in the light of average attendances. But in Eddie Howe, they had a manager of remarkable ability who had no other way than to build gradually and hope for the best". "Yes, Bournemouth have stayed up on a relatively small budget while Fulham spent £113million last summer after coming up and lasted a season"

I find all this a bit contradictory. WTF has it got to do with her anyway.

"West Ham have done well because we have rich Hammers supporters as owners and a 60,000 capacity stadium. That is roughly twice what Carrow Road or Bramall Lane can hold."

Only because you got it on the cheap darling.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Good old plucky Bournemouth with their Russian billionaire owner...

Precisely. Ridiculous.

Weird article full stop. What she says doesn’t seem that outrageous but the author clearly doesn’t like her.

Yes, I mean, the point is... Why say anything at all? I guess we all realise that things will be hard and that we won't be able to outmuscle other teams financially.

But, we didn't have lots of money this season either.

As the article repeatedly states... She hasn't really done her homework on us and I imagine this might be the same with other clubs. I do hope we can continue to fly under the radar and cause some upsets!

Carry on disrupting, Norwich City. Football doesn't have to be all about who can buy the most expensive players!

8 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Good old plucky Bournemouth with their Russian billionaire owner...

And they very pluckily (I think that must be the adverb I am searching for...) broke FFP to get to the Premier League.

Not sure West Ham is the best role model for success in the Premier League.

Huge amounts of money spent, very little progress in the way of moving up the Premier League.

"West Ham have done well because we have rich Hammers supporters as owners and a 60,000 capacity stadium. That is roughly twice what Carrow Road or Bramall Lane can hold."

A stadium heavily subsidised by tax-payers money, that the fans hate.

Edited by HertsCanary93
  • Like 1

Maybe we should get the taxpayer to give us a near purpose built 60K seater stadium for £4m rent a year where we can earn £80m+ off the tickets sales for said arena. That doesn't include the £100m that get from the EPL and the extra didlos they sell in the Ann Summers club shop.

Typical Tory maths from the despicable **** Brady, forgetting the stuff she's syphoning off the people.  

I used to have a tiny lil soft spot for Wet Sham (Bond(s)/Brown/Neighbour/etc) until the latest regime took over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear oh dear. I used to respect her, but this has lowered my opinion of her 100%.  Lazy, uninformed, pushing the financial angle  - the bottom line is that richer clubs HATE the idea that success can be had without spending multi-millions.  

I really hope we do succeed well next season, if only to prove money is not the be all and end all.....after all we proved it this season, so why not next?

• Like 7

I seem to recall that this time last year many on this forum now in team Brady advocating we spend millions to try and survive the Premier League were saying that the only way we were heading was downwards and that it'd be decades before we'd grace the heady heights of the Premier League again!

1 hour ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Not sure West Ham is the best role model for success in the Premier League.

Huge amounts of money spent, very little progress in the way of moving up the Premier League.

A stadium heavily subsidised by tax-payers money, that the fans hate.

Watched them a few times this season as well. Dire, outdated football but their team is full of big, pacy players and they're good on set pieces so they get by. Not a club whose model we should be following.

They do have a couple of quality players but that's down to being a big club based in London with a lot of money, it's not down to their owners competence in running their club, why exactly does she feel entitled to give us advice? Our owners get far more out of our club than she does hers. 

Next up Big Sam weighs in on why our 'tiki taka' game will never succeed in the best league in the world...

• Haha 1

Considering this is now her business, she seems remarkably ill-informed about her competitors. 

Really hope we finish above them now, which will be even sweeter if they're 18th.

It is not about te mount, but how that money is spent.

We have not spent the money received for the Murphy twins or Maddison on replacing them, but would anyone claim that we are doomed to failure because of it ? Are Buendia, Onel, and Stieperman any lesser players than the above three ?

What has previously happened with us, and others is that we have thrown every bit of money at players who supposedly would keep us up. That can be extremely hit an miss, as you will get players who are not committed and know they can easily pick up another contract elsewhere.

So far this approach has worked extremely well, so let's see the respective places of WHU and City come next May. Then Brady can advise us from there.

We do not need to spend millions how much would the likes of Buendia, Stiepermann, Leitner, Pukki, Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis cost us if we wanted to buy them from a Championship as a PL clubs. Have saved about 40 million before we got to the PL,a conservative valuation there. Some additions would bee welcome not more than four, probably from abroad if we are not to overspend. Chelsea transfer embargo may scupper movement for James.

• Like 1

She's a Sun columnist, it's not like they employed Katie Hopkins for intelligent and accurate insight, but as a lurid shock jock to embrace controversy. Brady's not in that category, but it's still a trash tier paper.

• Haha 1

I'd say the chances of Reece James playing in Chelsea's first team next season are slim. They can still sell/loan out players, just not buy or loan in.  Same goes for Tammy Abraham.  Not sure which of those I'd prefer here on loan - given we could only have one.

39 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Considering this is now her business, she seems remarkably ill-informed about her competitors. 

Really hope we finish above them now, which will be even sweeter if they're 18th.

I want to finish in front of Brighton's Tony "you won't get another sniff of the PL with your owners" Bloom! 

I think underneath it all these people are scared because success for us brings them under an uncomfortable spotlight.

• Like 6

I think people are underestimating (As I did last summer, hold my hands up) just how good a squad we have. The youngsters are quality and will only get better next season, a rejuvenated Leitner & Vrancic look top quality German players, Zimmerman & Pukki look good enough to cope with the step up and Buendia is just a gem of a find (well done Webber & Farke).

I think she’s underestimating our squad, but more the unity and coaching, as Barca did with Liverpool’s second string strikers!

I think this is the best balanced and quality squad and coaching we have ever had going into a Premiership season......fine tweaks needed not massive expensive change.

Well these people can say what they like but the man that matters, Stuart Webber, has already said we will be the division's lowest spenders.

One City strong so bring it on 🙃💛💚💪

• Like 1

Aye; it's all about astute investment investment; spending the resources you have in the right places and utilising them effectively. It has been seen time and time again that spending 3x the amount on any given player does not bring you 3x the quality. In fact, a big price tag can bring as many negatives as positives (pressure to perform, dressing room disharmony, a player incentivised solely by his wage packet rather than his longer-term future).

I can't wait to see how Webber and Farke approach things...

I have to admit I vacillate on an almost daily basis between believing we have a good chance of having a successful first season back in the Premier League vs fearing that we might fall short. But as long as we give it a damn good go I will be as proud of my team this time next year as I am now.

• Like 1

Buy who you like but a team will always triumph. The trick is to have a team of quality players. 

Next is a playing style, a method. 

Look at dysfunctional ManU full of top players. 

Look at successful sides with few stars. 

I used to respect West Ham but they are now Chav Utd who have forgotten their roots. 

The previous taxpayer comments are spot on. Give Brady credit for screwing that biscuit. 

The London Stadium is one of the places I fancy us at too. 

This is why I can't get as worked up over 1p5wich as these arrogant EPL sides. 

I just don't want to see DF's naivety comment too much next season. Cheap goals against from the likes of West Ham. We have the ability as shown in cup games against EPL sides to play tighter and in Buendia we have a lock picker with Pukki finishing a high percentage of chances. 

It has begun. 

• Like 1

Whether or not we survive on a low budget remains to be seen - personally, I am quite confident.

The point is, however, that we could spend tens of millions more and still not  stay up. The problem with this approach is that it lands you with debt and makes a return to being competitive and ultimately the PL much less likely. The Championship is littered with such examples, still carrying the burden of heavy debt as a result of "going for it."

The best long-term scenario for the club is to spend within our means and strengthen steadily and sustainably.

I don’t think I can ever remember a time on the Pink’un message board where so many people sung from the same song sheet. A few years ago, there would have been absolute uproar if a senior figure at NCFC admitted that we weren’t going to be spending millions upon our return to the Premier League. But now there’s a massive sense of unity, and we’re all buying into Farke and Webber’s masterplan. It’s so refreshing to see 👍

• Like 3

Yes but that is because we just won the league and feel invincible 💪 

fans are fickle however and a few losses early on and that mood will change quickly. Of that you can be sure!! 

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes but that is because we just won the league and feel invincible 💪 

fans are fickle however and a few losses early on and that mood will change quickly. Of that you can be sure!! 

You are fickle, please don't make the mistake that you speak for the fans.

• Like 4

If you read the article without the comments from the author, her comments are pretty fair really.

The bits in bold and underlined below are really the crux of what she is saying - and fair comment if you ask me.

Article with just Brady’s quotes:

If I can offer promoted Norwich and Sheffield United one piece of advice — don't try to survive in the Premier League on the cheap.

"Yes, Bournemouth managed it four years ago, magnificently in the light of average attendances. But in Eddie Howe, they had a manager of remarkable ability who had no other way than to build gradually and hope for the best.

"Norwich's Daniel Farke and Chris Wilder of Sheffield United have proved outstanding in the Championship — arguably the most competitive league in the country.

“My clubs have been there a few times, nervously edging our way back up through the play-offs.

"It is not true that Delia feeds the squad on bratwurst.

"She and co-owner husband Michael Wynn Jones became the major shareholders no less than 23 years ago and have plenty of Premier League experience.

"They know Farke needs all the support they can give and, although this amounts to much more than cash for transfers and contracts, these are of critical importance.

"Yes, Bournemouth have stayed up on a relatively small budget while Fulham spent £113million last summer after coming up and lasted a season.

"But generally, you must concentrate on trying to buy the best players you can afford — as Wolves did last season.

"West Ham have done well because we have rich Hammers supporters as owners and a 60,000 capacity stadium. That is roughly twice what Carrow Road or Bramall Lane can hold.

There is little chance they will be so prolific next season and the clubs' scouts will join every other side in Europe in scouring the globe for strikers capable of scoring a dozen and more a season.

"The price of one alone can blow a decent hole in £100m. And then there is the challenge keeping out Sergio Aguero, Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling and Co.

"Welcome to the toughest league in the world.