This quote from Wes is brilliant just for the use of 'we' in the last sentence.

"They've been brilliant," added Hoolahan. "I've come and watched them a few times with my little boy and they were the best team in the league, and they proved it. They came top, they are a joy to watch and they're clinical when they get in front. It's brilliant for the city as well - the fans always stick by them and it's an amazing achievement.

"I think when Daniel Farke came in and a lot of new players came in, people were thinking it needed to happen straight away - but it takes time to gel new players; a lot of senior players left and stuff like that.

"But it's brilliant that in a year and a half, we get promoted in that spell under Daniel."

It's funny, I just read that and was going to post the exact same message with the same subject title. Pinto, also used "we" when referring to our chances next season.

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

I can’t help but think scumbert will try sign him on for next season! 

I doubt they could afford him and I'm fairly certain he wouldn't go anyway.

Wes also dropped in an ‘us’ when talking about the fans. “The fans always stick by us” before realising and changing it to ‘them’. He’d have loved to have been part of this team and season and in his prime would’ve been a fantastic addition.

You can take the player out of the club but you can’t take the club out of the player. Legend.

• Like 2