Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

If We Lose 4-0 at Liverpool Next Season.............

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That makes us as good as Barcelona. 😉🙃

To be as good as Barcelona we'd have to beat Liverpool 3-0 at home.

My 2nd Norwich game was the last match in front of the old kop, Goss kinda spoilt their party that day 😁 had to keep schtum though as was in with the home fans...

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

To be as good as Barcelona we'd have to beat Liverpool 3-0 at home.

Beat Liverpool 3-0 at home? Been there - done that! (A while back admittedly 😉) 1.06.50 onwards on here. 

Watched the highlights & didn't realise how close the game was. Liverpool keeper made some incredible saves to keep them in it, & Barca players missed chances they'd usually dispatch withe ease.

Liverpool were brave. They had nothing to lose. As RTB said earlier, I think we will need to adopt Klopp's attitude for a lot of games next season (as did Lambert in his first Prem. season).

17 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

A very enjoyable watch! Ta.

Play’s a bit slower than we’re used to now, but that game very easy on the eye

They didn’t seem to bother with  midfield, or else probs due to that being the highlights

Chris Woods magnet hands

M O’N had a tasty shot on him for a defender

Our no.3 - was he Ginger Pele’s old man?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

A very enjoyable watch! Ta.

Play’s a bit slower than we’re used to now, but that game very easy on the eye

They didn’t seem to bother with  midfield, or else probs due to that being the highlights

Chris Woods magnet hands

M O’N had a tasty shot on him for a defender

Our no.3 - was he Ginger Pele’s old man?

Martin O'Neill was a midfield GENERAL GA47!

The No 3 was possibly the most galloping of No 3's we've ever had

We're better than that - we'd score a goal. Messi & Suarez obviously ain't as good as Buendia & Pukki 😉

I did like Klopps comment - something along the lines of "shock them or fail in the most beautiful way”" 

16 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Martin O'Neill was a midfield GENERAL GA47!

The No 3 was possibly the most galloping of No 3's we've ever had

Thanks- I stand corrected. He served well both back and forth in that game 

who was the galloping major man?

11 hours ago, Red Rufus said:

Typical to see Mid Norfolk focus on the negatives rather than a fantastic performance by a Liverpool team, wouldn't want a night out with him! Yes, Barcelona weren't at it but you really ought to focus on the positives or get a job as a pundit on MOTD.

....what do you think the Barcelona media and fans will be doing this morning?....you dont think there'll be an inquest?

As well as Liverpool played, there are reasons as to why Barcelona threw a 3 goal advantage away.

....and for every positive there's a negative

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....what do you think the Barcelona media and fans will be doing this morning?

As well as Liverpool played, there are reasons as to why Barcelona threw a 3 goal advantage away.

....and for every positive there's a negative

What’s the negative of our promotion then Norfolk?

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

From Leeds' point of view...they didnt go up!

😂 OK you can have that, but where’s the Norwich negative perspective?

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

😂 OK you can have that, but where’s the Norwich negative perspective?

Why would there be one?

The discussion was about one teams postives (Liverpool) being another teams negative (Barca)

....I've certainly no alleigance to Liverpool so I can just as easily discuss Barcelona's failings last night

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Why would there be one?

The discussion was about one teams postives (Liverpool) being another teams negative (Barca)

....I've certainly no alleigance to Liverpool so I can just as easily discuss Barcelona's failings last night

Nah, Liverpool neutralised Barcelona from the start with quick press, gotthe early goal and applied pressure all game, showed little respect and gave them no time on the ball. You can try to say Barcelona we’re off their game that’s your prerogative but I’ll state it how I saw an incredible Liverpool performance, very similar to ours when we beat “the world champions elect (if you listen to the deluded Leeds fans) in Leeds this season!

But hey we all see it very differently, credit to Klopp, their fans and Liverpool players they deserve their final.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nah, Liverpool neutralised Barcelona from the start with quick press, gotthe early goal and applied pressure all game, showed little respect and gave them no time on the ball. You can try to say Barcelona we’re off their game that’s your prerogative but I’ll state it how I saw an incredible Liverpool performance, very similar to ours when we beat “the world champions elect (if you listen to the deluded Leeds fans) in Leeds this season!

But hey we all see it very differently, credit to Klopp, their fans and Liverpool players they deserve their final.

Barcelona either had to defend a 3 goal lead....or go out to score an away goal that 'should' have put the night to bed....they managed to acheive neither and fell hideously between two stools

Didn't Paul Hurst say that 2-0 is a dangerous lead? Barca have proved 3-0 isn't all that healthy either..... Think we should unload that Pukki fella, don't want to go scoring goals if we're just going to get beaten. 😱

Yes Mid Norfolk, as you say the Barca fans and media will rip into the team and rightly so, all I was pointing out that Liverpool were exceptional and being English, or a neutral, or just a football supporter you really ought to celebrate such an amazing spectacle rather than just  state the negatives. Also Barca had chances during the game, the Liverpool keeper probably had more saves to make than the Barca keeper so ithey could easily have snatched the goal to win it.

On 09/05/2019 at 06:21, Red Rufus said:

Yes Mid Norfolk, as you say the Barca fans and media will rip into the team and rightly so, all I was pointing out that Liverpool were exceptional and being English, or a neutral, or just a football supporter you really ought to celebrate such an amazing spectacle rather than just  state the negatives. Also Barca had chances during the game, the Liverpool keeper probably had more saves to make than the Barca keeper so ithey could easily have snatched the goal to win it.

Why? ....yes I'm English but thats where any similarities I have with Liverpool ends

....and as a 'neutral' therefore able to assess one teams failings on the night just as you're able to appreciate other's success.....It would be very narrow viewed were you not able to do that?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

On 07/05/2019 at 22:02, ricardo said:

FECKINAMAZIN

What a match, Jesus H Christ never seen a comeback like that.

they'd never get four against us though😀

ahem